n3rdin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
## Question:
What are the long-term effects of making the `\emuMMC\RAW1\Nintendo` folder NOT read-only?

### Scenario
After transferring data from an old SD card (`old_sd`) to a new one (`new_sd`), I encountered issues with games on my modded Nintendo Switch. Although games appeared, they would not launch, and DBI tools reported 0 bytes for all content.

### Discovery and Action Taken
The `\emuMMC\RAW1\Nintendo` folder on both SD cards was set to read-only (old_sd and new_sd). Changing this setting to allow writing resolved the issue, allowing games to function normally.

### Concerns
I am going no contact with my ex-girlfriend. Her kids use this pretty much everyday. The last thing I want is for any changes to break down the road as there is no way they will be able to fix it.

### Reference Guides I used
- Rentry EmuNANDNewSDcard Guide
- Reddit Guide for SD Card Migration
(I can not post links to the above due to this being my first post)

### Conclusion
Any help would be appreciated.

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
That folder act as the SD card when using an emuMMC.
That folder should not be read-only as the Switch expects to be able to write to it.
That's why you were seeing those problems.

Some operating systems like MacOS might set the archive bit for files and folders.
Hekate even has a utility to fix that.

Reactions: jkyoho

n3rdin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That folder act as the SD card when using an emuMMC.
That folder should not be read-only as the Switch expects to be able to write to it.
That's why you were seeing those problems.

Some operating systems like MacOS might set the archive bit for files and folders.
Hekate even has a utility to fix that.
Yes, I used the archive bit and the problem persisted. Thats when I just manually changed it.

Thank you for your help. I just wanted to make sure I was on the right track.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
## Question:
What are the long-term effects of making the `\emuMMC\RAW1\Nintendo` folder NOT read-only?

### Scenario
After transferring data from an old SD card (`old_sd`) to a new one (`new_sd`), I encountered issues with games on my modded Nintendo Switch. Although games appeared, they would not launch, and DBI tools reported 0 bytes for all content.

### Discovery and Action Taken
The `\emuMMC\RAW1\Nintendo` folder on both SD cards was set to read-only (old_sd and new_sd). Changing this setting to allow writing resolved the issue, allowing games to function normally.

### Concerns
I am going no contact with my ex-girlfriend. Her kids use this pretty much everyday. The last thing I want is for any changes to break down the road as there is no way they will be able to fix it.

### Reference Guides I used
- Rentry EmuNANDNewSDcard Guide
- Reddit Guide for SD Card Migration
(I can not post links to the above due to this being my first post)

### Conclusion
Any help would be appreciated.

Don't get it why would you want to set it read only, the switch need read and write capabilities.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs: Welcome @IanToast Welcome @IanToast Welcome @IanToast Welcome @IanToast Welcome @IanToast