Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.projectaon.org
XP
Country
France
Hi!

Thanks to the feedback from many people after the release of the candidate version of Caverns Of Kalte, I was able to fix some bugs in book 3 and tweak the code so the game works on many linkers now. This is hopefully the final version and is a recommended update!
wink.gif

So here it is, version 1.5 of Caverns of Kalte. Why 1.5 and not 1.0? Because I decided to make a massive release and relaunch the previous titles too, which will then take advantage of the latest improvements (better engine, all the musics from the different books, different preview icons in the linker menu, enhanced compatibilty...). So in order to synchronize all the versions, I used a common release number.

By the way, the Spanish version of Book 1 has also been updated.

You can get all those new files here: http://www.projectaon.org/staff/frederic/index.php

(as always, please don't host the ROM on your site but use the above link instead, as required by the Project Aon licensed! Thanks!)

Also, for those who own a DSTwo, adrian_fahrenheit made cool plugins for the first 3 books. You can get them here:
http://filetrip.net/f12061-DStwo-Lone-Wolf...lug-in-1-0.html
http://filetrip.net/f12062-DStwo-Lone-Wolf...lug-in-1-0.html
http://filetrip.net/f12063-DStwo-Lone-Wolf...lug-in-1-0.html

Please spread the word and have fun!

Happy downloading!
wink.gif

Frédéric Calendini

PS: started working on Book 4...

Stavros90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the first time I've seen this and it's awesome. The interface is simple but pleasing to the eye and I love that atmospheric music. Keep up the good work!

kyste

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Choose-your-own-adventure books on the DS! Awesome. Thanks for the hard work.

Only thing is, it makes me feel so old now. My 20 years old cousins don't even knwo what those were.
frown.gif

saviorkross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
'Caverns of Kalte' tested and working well on an original R4 with Wood R4 v1.09. I haven't decided if I'm going to go back and go through from the beginning or not, so I may update later if the first two are working with this version as well.

Thanks for all the hard work and breathing life into these classics.
smile.gif

Michoko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.projectaon.org
XP
Country
France
Hi,

Ok, it seems that a few nasty bugs were still present in the previous global release of the books, sorry about that!
frown.gif

So now they are hopefully fixed, I'm doing a "hotfix release" which, of course, is a recommended download.

Here's the changelog:
QUOTE said:
Changelog:
2010/07/05:version 1.51 *hotfix!*
- Fixed a very nasty bug that didn't save some important events in the save file (ouch! Thanks Pozda!)
- Fixed a bug when the Sommerswerd was not equipped as a weapon, but was still giving full CS bonus (thanks Aia!)
- Fixed a bug when the Sommerswerd was not equipped as a weapon, and was not detected as being in the inventory.

The files are always present at the usual address: http://www.projectaon.org/staff/frederic/index.php

Have fun!
Frédéric

Crossborder

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Man, I've been looking forward to this ever since I first came upon your website. I've never seen any of the gamebooks, so many thanks to you for pointing me to them. And for your awesome homebrew, of course!

Hrip

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on AceKard 2i too, but it won't work((
It's just infinite loading...

Somebody help me!!

Test on Original 4.22 and Akaio 1.7, 1.6 and 1.5 - all the same...

arogance1

Trophies
XP
Country
Crashes on Sakura, not tried with latest release though.
Haven't manually DLDI patched though, since I have no idea how to do it

papavader

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well I tried patching it with the CycloDS evo dldi (since edge is basically the same card) and no dice. Blocks just before the equipment select. Looks like those of use with iEdges are out of luck. Will try on my old G6. If it saves my games...
frown.gif

arogance1

Trophies
XP
Country
Tried to DLDI patch and the game loads to a white screen, never passes it.

I used the M3 DLDI patch as there isn't a M3 Sakura specific one.

Michoko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.projectaon.org
XP
Country
France
Ok thanks for your feedback arogance1.

Unfortunately, I don't own a Sakura, and since it seems to work on many other linkers, I'm afraid it's specifically related to this model. That will be very difficult for me to find the source of the problem...
There may be some possible alternatives to try though, like launching LoneWolfDS through a third party program like DSOriganize or HBMenu...

arogance1

Trophies
XP
Country
With M3 Sakura, you can easily switch to Touchpod.
So, I have now finished the 1st 3 books, onto book 4 now.

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's always worth a shot