Logitech Cordless Precision Controller for Xbox?

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone use this controller? The reviews are outstanding, but I had a Cordless Wingman controller for PC once and hated it. I know this is the one Microsoft points to as the licensed wireless controller, but I'd rather hear from one of you than from M$, if you know what I mean.

There's also a version out now called "Attack" instead of Precision and it appears to have dropped the rumble, but has better battry life.

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cool. i'd appreciate any other comments. prolly gonna pick one up tomorrow if i can find one on the shelf. if not i'll order it online.

why only 1 game? there's some great stuff out there for cheap now. I only had 3/4 games for my xbox, 1) the Sega GT2002/JSRF combo disk that came with my bundle, 2) Halo and 3) Project Gotham Racing. But recently I did some shopping for used games and came away with

Doom 3 Collectors Ed
Rallisport Challenge 2
Forza Motorsport
Brothers in Arms Road to Hill 30
Jade Empire

and all that cost me about $65 including tax/shipping. I'll probably buy one more batch in a few months, another 5 games or so, and that'll be my collection. But 5 games that all got rated 9+ for under $70 ... hard to beat that.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I heard that this controller was the best Xbox controller out there. EGM reviewed it higher than the official Xbox controller, if memory serves me right.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had a Cordless Wingman controller for PC once and hated it.

You and me both. Batteries kept corroding in mine until I finally just tossed the piece of shit into the garbage. The analog sticks were shitty too. Now I just use my Xbox controller as my PC controller.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used the XBOX one, but I know that everyone absolutely loves the Logitech PS2 wireless controller.

I also have one of the PS2 ones and while it's a great controller, two things bug me about it:
1) The rumble is either really hard or not at all. There's no real variance in rumble power like in the Dual-shock controller.
2) The analog buttons are either barely pressed or full-strength press. It's somewhat difficult to make a variance in strength of button presses. I really noticed this playing Okami where the strength of the button press determines how much ink is used with the Celestial Brush.

Other than that, a great controller and I assume the XBOX one isn't much different.

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a Cordless Wingman controller for PC once and hated it.

You and me both. Batteries kept corroding in mine until I finally just tossed the piece of shit into the garbage. The analog sticks were shitty too. Now I just use my Xbox controller as my PC controller.

I had the same problems with the Wingman. And I also used my Xbox controller on the PC, though i do little PC gaming it was great for Colin McRae Rally 4. Mostly I use emus on the PC, and for that I use an N64 controller and Adaptoid.

I'm gonna give the Logitech a try. thx all. (going to sleep now)

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, here's a followup for anyone who finds this thread in the future: the controller really is all that and a bag of chips. If you need a controller for your antiquated Xbox, buy this. The only thing you give up on the official controller is a milder rumble, but being wireless makes it very much worth it.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How's the analog on it? Is it like I said the PS2 controller functioned?

Meaning the strength is pretty much strong or light press? No real inbetween unless you're very careful?

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How's the analog on it? Is it like I said the PS2 controller functioned?

Meaning the strength is pretty much strong or light press? No real inbetween unless you're very careful?

well, maybe i'm just careful, but i'd say no the analog inputs (sticks, triggers) are well articulated. I can't say I really gave much thought to the pressure-sensitivity of the action buttons, since the game I was playing last night was Rallisport Challenge 2 and the action buttons are only for shifting and the handbrake. Still, I jumped in and did absolutely just as well with the Logitech as with the official wired controller, and if anything my steering was more fluid, less jerky.

The only things that I've noticed that weren't just right - the D-pad is a little tall and wobbly feeling, but in actual use it works very well. just don't look at it. AND - in the natural grip position, the Y button is a little bit of a reach for my thumb. Nothing like the original Xbox controller or anything though.

And I should definitely mention that even if that Y button is a small stretch for my nubby thumbs, the ergonomic design of this controller is definitely superior to even the "S" controller. This thing feels good in your hands.

ok, enough. whatever you'd want to rate the S controller, I give this a full point up from that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: