Homebrew Local Wireless Play over Wifi?

skullkeeper94

Professional USB Corrupter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Highly doubtful as of how games are made to play wireless. Maybe if we got a redirect server with EVERY game, along with lobby's, and a way to redirect the wireless play to that, then yes. But who's going to put so much effort to just a near-impossible, time consuming task?

Deleted member 383026

Tester for PojavLauncher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Highly doubtful as of how games are made to play wireless. Maybe if we got a redirect server with EVERY game, along with lobby's, and a way to redirect the wireless play to that, then yes. But who's going to put so much effort to just a near-impossible, time consuming task?

People do near-impossible and/or time consuming tasks all the time and the best comes out of it.

I'd love to see over WiFi local play happen because some games don't play online but have local like lets say Super Mario Bros 3. Now that would be fun.

UltraArceus3

Living Specimen roaming the Third Dimension
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: With the correct bluetooth adapter for the PC, I'm sure it 'could' be possible. Not saying there's any chance of it happening though.
What do you mean? The 3DS doesn't USE Bluetooth to communicate, nor does it even have a Bluetooth Adapter of any kind.

Reactions: Joom and Tizm

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: With the correct bluetooth adapter for the PC, I'm sure it 'could' be possible. Not saying there's any chance of it happening though.
The 3DS uses Ad-hoc, not Bluetooth, which should be simple enough to create a relay for. I'm not sure if the XLink Kai is still worth using, but I used it back in the day to play Ad-hoc PSP games over Wi-Fi.

Last edited by Joom,
Reactions: bennyman123abc

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS uses Ad-hoc, not Bluetooth, which should be simple enough to create a relay for. I'm not sure if the XLink Kai is still worth using, but I used it back in the day to play Ad-hoc PSP games over Wi-Fi.
Pretty much what Joom has said just. getting around the protocol that nintendo uses between each 3DS is what hampers pretty much trying to make a Ad-Hoc Relay/Xlink Kai Support for the 3DS. (it'd Solve Some of teh banned users problems but not all. )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw