• Replies 6,197
  • Likes 132

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize if this has been asked before, but would it be feasible to implement an option to allow filtering of Snes VC games and possible forced stretching to remove the black borders? Unfiltered pixels hurt my eyes on HD screens. A simple bilinear filter would suffice.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Ratatapa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright guys. I made a few changes in the last commit. This could affect the game launch compatibility by quite a bit. Can you guys run some tests on different titles and report back what is broken and what is fixed?
These changes should improve the compatibility as they avoid a possible DBAT conflict within the game but it could break some things too.

I also added support for ID4 folder names for VC titles as requested on here.

Here is the commit i am talking about with the list of chane:
https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/commit/888710c35fed8b192032ab7c3ea85badd72ed27b

Mario kart 8 updates still doesn't seem to work with mii maker sadly :(

veraci_00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting
Code:
Error Code 112-1209
-----
Unable to load file.
on 5.5.1.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

NVM I got it to work. My SD wasn't formatted to Fat32.

that's odd. when my sd card wasn't formatted to fat32, no games appeared in the carousel.

GaM3r2Xtreme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else having the issue when loading a game where loadiine says "loading game..." then closes out? I'm unsure if this is an issue using one of the nightly builds (Loadiine-nightly-888710c released about 4hrs ago and 5.5.1)

AirKing

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.sagainternet.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
@dimok The lasts commits broken pikmin 3 with last version!

Edited, i only have used smash mode with mario kart 8, and when used this mode, i dont need to close miimaker and open smash disk, it go directly to mario kart 8, this change now? We need close miimaker and launch smash disk?

Thanks!

Last edited by AirKing,

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Alright guys. I made a few changes in the last commit. This could affect the game launch compatibility by quite a bit. Can you guys run some tests on different titles and report back what is broken and what is fixed?
These changes should improve the compatibility as they avoid a possible DBAT conflict within the game but it could break some things too.

I also added support for ID4 folder names for VC titles as requested on here.

Here is the commit i am talking about with the list of chane:
https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/commit/888710c35fed8b192032ab7c3ea85badd72ed27b

Super Smash Bros update (v224) doesn't work for me: A Nintendo error message appears

rodrigues14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hello everyone, i'm have trouble with my Wii U, Kernel Hax and Loadiine GX works, but Loadiine not SAVE game progress, i can't play, anyone here have this issue or know the way to fix it? I tested 3 micro sd;
1 4gbs formated by Windows;
1 32 GBS SDHC CLASS 10 SANDISK - formated by sd formater software and windows 32 and 64 bytes cache;
1 128 FNY HIGH SPEED - formated by SD FORMATER software.

i try differents SD (all SD i say is micro SD with ADAPTERS SANDISK suportts SD SDHC AND SDXC, tested with 6 differents adapters too)

my last try now, i formated WII U to factory default, and have same error.

please i need help. TKS

P.S My Wiiu is a 8GB standard version and have FW 5.5.1
Tested with most recent and older version of Loadiine downloaded directly from @dimok github

Last edited by rodrigues14,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is way too long to search and I need to leave. It took bit to dig out the glm and curl bit out of this thread, but now I'm stuck on the final linking part when building the latest tree. Any help here?

linking ... loadiine_gx2.elf
x:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.8.2/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: x:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libmad.a(frame.o): the target (mad_timer_zero) of a R_PPC_EMB_SDA21 relocation is in the wrong output section (.data)
x:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.8.2/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: x:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libmad.a(frame.o): the target (mad_timer_zero) of a R_PPC_EMB_SDA21 relocation is in the wrong output section (.data)
x:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.8.2/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: final link failed: Bad value
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/x/devkitPro/devkitPPC/projects/loadiine_gx2/loadiine_gx2.elf] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

EDIT: @dimok I ran the latest devkitPro updater just in case, but it didn't find the need to update anything. Do you have an idea what my glitch might be?

Last edited by urherenow,

Mr. Bananas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have added the ability to turn off the game background when a game is selected. I have also added the ability to turn off the floating particles. This can be of great use for those who wish to theme their launcher.

Working on the music selector next among a few other features I haven't said anything about.

Attachments

• ChvudquUoAAdh73.jpg
    ChvudquUoAAdh73.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 221
Last edited by Mr. Bananas,

KytuzuEX

Recreate your Re:Creators by Recreating.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Maybe this is off-topic but I have several questions about Loadiine future...

Someday it will have Online?
Someday it will load from USB?
Someday the loader will be "offline loading" instead of local servers?
and lastly, someday it will be able to use updates and saves from Wii U? Importantly... having access to the SD CARD?

Edit: In other words, like the Wii

I feel that it can give more than the current ways we have. I know, is barely starting the scene but yea

Last edited by KytuzuEX,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe this is off-topic but I have several questions about Loadiine future...

Someday it will have Online?
Someday it will load from USB?
Someday the loader will be "offline loading" instead of local servers?
and lastly, someday it will be able to use updates and saves from Wii U? Importantly... having access to the SD CARD?

Edit: In other words, like the Wii

I feel that it can give more than the current ways we have. I know, is barely starting the scene but yea
General answer:
IOSU

Reactions: KytuzuEX

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can i have more than one copy of loadiine on my sd card.. for example have the latest test version in wiiu/apps/loadiine/test.elf?

then fire up whatever version from hbl

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
can i have more than one copy of loadiine on my sd card.. for example have the latest test version in wiiu/apps/loadiine/test.elf?

I think the elf needs to be the same name as the folder (not sure, I just read that in another post, and it's what I do anyways).

so like, you could do wiiu/apps/loadiine_nightly/loadiine_nightly.elf

I do not know the character limit for folder/elf, but should be fine.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Yes you can.
Just be sure that the .ELF file has the EXACT same name as the folder it is in.
i.e. loadiine_test.elf inside a folder called loadiine_test.
The icon.png and meta.xml do not require any changes.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assassin Creed 3 works with this release.
Thanks. This is actually good. It was broken for a while now.
@dimok The lasts commits broken pikmin 3 with last version!

Edited, i only have used smash mode with mario kart 8, and when used this mode, i dont need to close miimaker and open smash disk, it go directly to mario kart 8, this change now? We need close miimaker and launch smash disk?

Thanks!
You are right. Pikmin 3 doesnt work anymore but I checked the builds before this commit and it was broken in them too. We will have to look which build broke it actually to find the issue. Do you know which build it worked on the last time? The smash bros mode was always like that yes. It starts to happen when you install updates usually.

This thread is way too long to search and I need to leave. It took bit to dig out the glm and curl bit out of this thread, but now I'm stuck on the final linking part when building the latest tree. Any help here?

linking ... loadiine_gx2.elf
x:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.8.2/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: final link failed: Bad value
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/x/devkitPro/devkitPPC/projects/loadiine_gx2/loadiine_gx2.elf] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

EDIT: @dimok I ran the latest devkitPro updater just in case, but it didn't find the need to update anything. Do you have an idea what my glitch might be?
Get the libogc and portlibs from the release page and replace yours.

Super Smash Bros update (v224) doesn't work for me: A Nintendo error message appears
Ok I dont actually have smash bros on the sd card but do you know when it worked the last time?

Last edited by dimok,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning