• Likes 132

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing!
Thank you for even taking the time to look into it. :)
Everything you guys have been doing is greatly appreciated!

I don't know if an option for a simple bilinear filter would be feasible, because some Snes games make my eyes bleed with unfiltered pixels :P It's weird because NES games are filtered.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
I don't know if an option for a simple bilinear filter would be feasible, because some Snes games make my eyes bleed with unfiltered pixels :P It's weird because NES games are filtered.

how many consoles or methods of emulation , as i know you well enough to know is that you only ever "care for" emulation.. i am struggling to understand the emulation and VC injection on a wiiu having a million ways to play them outside of the wiiu... personally bought a pi at the weekend and its already a perfect reason to forget the wiiu with regards to old school games... how many times do we have to re invent the wheel to satisfy people . Now i know some people wont have as many methods , but i know you have them..

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how many consoles or methods of emulation , as i know you well enough to know is that you only ever "care for" emulation.. i am struggling to understand the emulation and VC injection on a wiiu having a million ways to play them outside of the wiiu... personally bought a pi at the weekend and its already a perfect reason to forget the wiiu with regards to old school games... how many times do we have to re invent the wheel to satisfy people . Now i know some people wont have as many methods , but i know you have them..
Yea but the Gamepad is wonderful and an embedded proprietary console is great cause you know exactly how well it'll work as compared to the tens of thousands of computer variations and I have a Pi but that needs its own input device and I don't even have a pluggable keyboard to interact with it :<

Reactions: eco95

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
no i know ... i was talking directly to randomizer as we have known each other through the wii phase and i know hes a emu dude....

with the pi im just using my wiiu pad no keyboard... well aside from any config..

Reactions: NWPlayer123

colking

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anybody know how to tell what the firmware is on a new (not plugged in) wii u by looking at the serial number?
Here is is: FM116176293

I was going to buy it from a seller but he doesn't want to plug it in as he wants to sell it new.
Thanks! :)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Apologies, was merely curious about it is all, the Snes emulation isn't that great on the Wii U anyway (in terms of accuracy or compatibility with RPX injection). Snes9xGx 4.3.4 mod (I believe that's the name), is far better and has much more customization. Again, merely was thinking out loud :P

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody know how to tell what the firmware is on a new (not plugged in) wii u by looking at the serial number?
Here is is: FM116176293

I was going to buy it from a seller but he doesn't want to plug it in as he wants to sell it new.
Thanks! :)

There are probably better threads to ask this in.

It's irrelevant to loadiine GX2 right now.

I would presume the best indications would be what date it was bought if it hasn't been opened yet. Else it could be new stock and updated.

On topic: are animated marquees for each game possible for loadiine? Like in hyperspin/coinops?

And maybe ability to set up categories for VC (per console) / eShop / Wii U etc...? Just to narrow down what your looking at in the carousel? Like wiiflow does with FAVES check box.

Last edited by KiiWii,

colking

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There are probably better threads to ask this in.

It's irrelevant to loadiine GX2 right now.

I would presume the best indications would be what date it was bought if it hasn't been opened yet. Else it could be new stock and updated.

On topic: are animated marquees for each game possible for loadiine? Like in hyperspin/coinops?

And maybe ability to set up categories for VC (per console) / eShop / Wii U etc...? Just to narrow down what your looking at in the carousel? Like wiiflow does with FAVES check box.

Thanks

Maschell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a changelog for the nightlys? I thought GX2 development ended and now there are all these new builds
Just read the decriptions of the commits, each commit has his own nightly https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/commits/master

Could you make an issue on github. I will look into it, but at first I want to take break for a few days ;)
Should be fixed now. With the newest version I were able to create 7 filelist.txt in a row without any issues =)

Last edited by Maschell,

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I downloaded the last build and I copy the last update of Smash USA. However, when I try to load it, an error message of Nintendo appears.

I want to know if this is normal/known bug or if only happens to me

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is there any issue running mario kart 8 with 16kb sector size (i couldn't use 64kb in this card cause my games couldn't fit)?

I'm having a series of issues now with 16kb sector size that i din have last time i ran the game with default sector size:
On loadiinegx 0.2 it starts (using ssbu) but after a few seconds when the sound comes on the startup title the game freezes with a beeeep sound till i off the wiiu.
With latest nightly mario kart 8 doesn't even start, the wiiu crashes wit error 160-2246.
With loadiine v4.0 i have an error that never had before, when i press A to try to use ssbu it says "can't launch game", and with loadiine v3 it launches ssbu instead of the game i selected...

Could it be all just cause of 16kb sector size or something else? other games launch fine.

Meh

skalienx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any issue running mario kart 8 with 16kb sector size (i couldn't use 64kb in this card cause my games couldn't fit)?

I'm having a series of issues now with 16kb sector size that i din have last time i ran the game with default sector size:
On loadiinegx 0.2 it starts (using ssbu) but after a few seconds when the sound comes on the startup title the game freezes with a beeeep sound till i off the wiiu.
With latest nightly mario kart 8 doesn't even start, the wiiu crashes wit error 160-2246.
With loadiine v4.0 i have an error that never had before, when i press A to try to use ssbu it says "can't launch game", and with loadiine v3 it launches ssbu instead of the game i selected...

Could it be all just cause of 16kb sector size or something else? other games launch fine.

Meh
Try 32kb. That seems to be the best in terms of compatibility, imo.

fixx1983

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys i'm quite noob, can someone please explain me how to compile the GX2 Nightlies, or how to get it?

EDIT:
Nevermind, found it in the OP[emoji14]

Last edited by fixx1983,

frostii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just downloaded the latest commit (the first one I've downloaded since 0.2 was officially released). I've gotta say, you guys have done some amazing work. Thanks so much for all your efforts!

I'm trying to find a covers pack with all the same size covers. It seems that with the latest Loadiine, cover size of 176x248 is ideal, however I've downloaded a few eshop games lately and @Mitchas covers, while awesome, are too big (320x530 or something like that).

Does anybody have a link or know of an easy way to get all covers the same size (I've only got Microsoft Paint, not the best program for resizing!!!).

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've just downloaded the latest commit (the first one I've downloaded since 0.2 was officially released). I've gotta say, you guys have done some amazing work. Thanks so much for all your efforts!

I'm trying to find a covers pack with all the same size covers. It seems that with the latest Loadiine, cover size of 176x248 is ideal, however I've downloaded a few eshop games lately and @Mitchas covers, while awesome, are too big (320x530 or something like that).

Does anybody have a link or know of an easy way to get all covers the same size (I've only got Microsoft Paint, not the best program for resizing!!!).
Try image resizer as a free app that allows you to resize them all within one click.

Reactions: frostii

WiiuGold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Go here http://gbatemp.net/threads/gx2-missing-3d-covers-share-thread.414152/page-6

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In addition to my N64 set (here) this is my current SNES iconTex.tga set up:

XEK0g5X.jpg

QAsgBnB.jpg

2iB7h5E.jpg

Its again PAL exclusive.

N64 logo for N64, SNES logo for SNES, got DS and NES ready to do next day off.....

Last edited by KiiWii,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Do rappers rap like Dr. Seuss to sell novels