• Likes 132

CableLeecher

640K ought to be enough for anyone
Trophies
EARTH | SOL-SYSTEM | SECTOR 001 | ALPHA QUADRANT
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Try getting your meta folders using JNUSTOOL. See if that makes a difference.
I did this already... I think I tried every possible combination... :nayps3:
But no worries about me guys, as it works with the older release, we should focus on helping the newbies that can't get it to work at all.
But thanks for the suggestions :)

Last edited by CableLeecher,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
UPDATE

I came to the conclusion that IF my game has meta folder, it will crash the console. Simple as that.
When I removed meta folders from two of my test games (nes remix and shovel knight), they started immediatelly, no problems whatsoever.
[...]
Edit: I now tried to use someone else meta folders, however (it wont freeze the console) but the games dont even start. It just shows ''loading'' for a split second and then nothing.
That's interesting.

Did you keep your xml files ?
it would be interesting to check if the correct values are used/sent to the game launch process by activating the UDP log server.
It would be good to check if your xml values are different from that "someone else" value, and from the default values if you don't have xmls.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
That's interesting.

Did you keep your xml files ?
it would be interesting to check if the correct values are used/sent to the game launch process by activating the UDP log server.
It would be good to check if your xml values are different from that "someone else" value, and from the default values if you don't have xmls.
Yep I kept my xml files just in case.
Ill grab a log when I have time (hopefully later today) of a random game and let you know. (do you want me to try with meta or without meta folder?)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Check if you have any differences in the UDP server, with and without the meta.xml.
Did you change the app and cos in the code folder too?

You can also enable the TCP server to see if it tries to load any game file or crash before launching the game.
You can have both servers enabled at the same time.

Fatih120

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need help once again, I successfully setup loadiine using a 16GB, and I have images up and everything, but for the life of me I cannot run either Mario Kart 8 or Kirby's Rainbow Curse on either Miimode or Smash mode. Either Mii brings a black screen that does nothing, or Smash brings a white screen that brings a DSI exception after a few minutes. Dunno what I'm doing wrong, please shoot ideas :v:

bump please ;,; and yes, my backups are not corrupt.

marcus van basten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
Hi, im on 4.10 i tried the "loadiine-gx2_v0.2_sd_loader-pkg_for_410_only".
I have a server in my android phone and run the www; the other folder copy_to_SD_root, i copied to the root and didnt change the name.

I had run the web and after a few tries it worked, it said something like "Succesful, reloading loadiine gx2". The has appeared the navigator loading screen and then a white screen with the Wii U logo in the corner.

At this point the WII U freezes. I did something bad? What should i try to repair this??

ArthurJam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
I wanted to know what I can expect in the future.
I have a WiiU with v4.1 firmware, if a functional version comes out.
Which games can I will run ? Will I can play games released after version 4.1 ?

Sorry for my poor english, Thx.

The message was drowned in the thread of the discussion

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not sure to understand your question.
I think you want to know if you can play games requiring 5.5.0 while still being on 4.1.0 ?

Requiring and "update partition version present on the disc" are two different things.
An old game could be re-published with a newer firmware version in its update partition. it doesn't mean that the game requires that version to work.

It depends on the game.
Some games use new functions added in newer firmware/libraries version. if you are on a version with outdated libraries, the game will not work.
if the game use only older functions than the one introduced in 4.1.0, the game will work.

I think some functions were added in 5.x
some games might not work if you stay at 4.x, but unless you encounter such incompatible game I suggest you don't update. (don't fix if not broken !)

That could be an issue if you spoofed the version to 5.5.1 while you are still in 4x, as you can't play 5.x games unless you update to 5.5.1.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan

Its already reported that when creating the .cfg file, the game stop loading? in this case, each time i change the default view from the gamepad to icon carousel, it generates a .cfg file that wont let me load the game, and it will give me an error.
not sure if this is due the .cfg file, or the fact that the view is changed to carousel icon, the game start working again, after deleting the .cfg file on the .elf directory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone +1