Hacking Little King's Story

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
there's 1 thing that annoys me about this game is there a special button or trick to select which person you want to use when you have a large group consisting of soldiers, builders and farmers? it's annoying having to send them flying into walls etc just to get the right guy selected!

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
there's 1 thing that annoys me about this game is there a special button or trick to select which person you want to use when you have a large group consisting of soldiers, builders and farmers? it's annoying having to send them flying into walls etc just to get the right guy selected!

i heard someone else complain about that so i am guessing there is no button that lets you choose.
i am guessing you are playing on a PAL system right?

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
haven't played the game yet so not sure how this particular RTS game works but ... why are you moving your soldiers around in the same group as your builders and farmers. Surely they are 3 different types of resource which you should be moving round separately ?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
someone at gamefaqs said if you select a group than push down on the dpad you can group them like pushing 1,2,3 on a keyboard. cool i'm gonna go try it out. and that's how you move everyone around they all follow you in the same group you can't move them separately. if you want to take soldiers etc out you have to take them all at once following you.

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anybody think it will ever be possible to play the PAL version of this game on an NTSC Wii?

didn't Pikmin have an issue like this that was eventually fixed with a new ios or something?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
well it's about time we PAL guys got a game 1st and this time let you ntsc guys wait months to get it! that's what happens to us all the time
tongue.gif

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
masud said:
I am playing it on a NTSC-U system via usbloader, haven't found any problem at all.

how? did you have to force NTSC?

Edit: if you didn't do anything special to make it work than it probably has something to do with your TV.

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
well it's about time we PAL guys got a game 1st and this time let you ntsc guys wait months to get it! that's what happens to us all the time
tongue.gif

I hope this doesn't ruin your day, but it works over here on an NTSC-U Wii, albeit in 576i
smile.gif

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so is the reason that i can't get it to work because i am running it on an HDTV with component cables?
i don't think i have settings to change the format of my TV. is there anything else i can do?

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably. It's likely that your TV simply doesn't scale the output to 576i.

I did try to patch the iso to NTSC, but it didn't take and only boots to a black screen so you might be SOL until the NA release in a month.

Edit: one thing you could try is disabling the scaler on your TV and see what happens. (I imagine it won't work, but give it a shot--and, no, I don't know how to do it on your TV.)

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ergo said:
Probably. It's likely that your TV simply doesn't scale the output to 576i.

I did try to patch the iso to NTSC, but it didn't take and only boots to a black screen so you might be SOL until the NA release in a month.

Edit: one thing you could try is disabling the scaler on your TV and see what happens. (I imagine it won't work, but give it a shot--and, no, I don't know how to do it on your TV.)

the settings on my TV are very basic. it was one of the cons in reviews that i read about it. i already flipped through the menu a couple of times and i don't see anything that i could adjust to fix this. oh well.

thanks for the help.

J_hibiki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know I'm having the same problem and I've never had a single problem playing pal games in my Wii NTSC-U. I have Oopona, Disaster, and Mario strikers Pal and they all work perfect, but when i try to play little king story I get a jumpy screen, so I tried switching between Component and composite cables and the only difference is the composite was jumpy AND black and white. I mean WTF man.

By the way I've tried the USB loader force NTSC and disc channel Force NTSC and without force and I can't get it to work.

micric100

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i would like to know how masud got it working on his NTSC Wii.

Also, do tv's automatically scale depending on the picture input given that you have the proper cables, or do you have to change a setting in your tv every time you play a pal game to get it to work?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
this game is starting to annoy me when you got a big group and fighting a boss most of the time there's absolutely no way of stopping him from hitting your group while your trying to get out of the way of his attacks especially if his spinning all around the screen like the mushroom boss. the bigger the group the worse it gets too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.etonline.com/daniel-radcliffe-reacts-to-harry-potter-reboot-series-offers-advice-excl...