Hacking Little King's Story

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
micric100 said:
i would like to know how masud got it working on his NTSC Wii.

Also, do tv's automatically scale depending on the picture input given that you have the proper cables, or do you have to change a setting in your tv every time you play a pal game to get it to work?

i have played a bunch of PAL games on my NTSC Wii without any problems.
the two games that i do have problems with are Pikmin and Little King's Story.
maybe my TV doesn't like PAL RTS type games. haha.

i think it is most certainly an issue with certain TVs. i know i can't change the settings i need to on my TV but you might be able to change yours.
i am not sure what you would be looking for though.

when people were having the issue with Pikmin i thought that a patched ISO got released that fixed the issue. i can't recall exactly but i hope something similar happens with this game since that will be my only chance to play it unless i wait until June.

giraffeblood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few months ago, with the release of Pikmin I believe, Nintendo stopped including the NTSC code in most of the PAL games. Before the backuploader, Nintendo just let the developers include the PAL and NTSC code in most of their games to make them a little easier to localize. A lot of HD tv's have a PAL setting, so if you're lucky enough to have one then you should be able to play it. If you do not have PAL capabilities, then there is NO WAY to play it until next month. I know this sucks (I'm really looking forward to this game also) I wasted a lot of valuable ratio until I figured this out.

tolax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your right - it's basically down to the TV. My Pio Plasma happily runs this on my NSTC Wii as it accepts 576i. Two of my other LCD's won't work with that and so I get the black screen.

Just have to play it on the 50" Plasma then......
wink.gif

micric100

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tolax said:
Your right - it's basically down to the TV. My Pio Plasma happily runs this on my NSTC Wii as it accepts 576i. Two of my other LCD's won't work with that and so I get the black screen.

wink.gif

Since your tv supports PAL, when you play a PAL game, do you change anything in your TV's settings or does your tv automatically recognize the 576i and scale the image? Do I need to change something in my wii settings to make it output at 576i or does this happen automatically when loading a PAL game from the USB Loader. Because I checked my tv's specs and it supports it and I also have the component cables, but not all PAL games work unless I force them and even then sometimes they don't work. It must be a settings problem

masud

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
micric100 said:
i would like to know how masud got it working on his NTSC Wii.

Also, do tv's automatically scale depending on the picture input given that you have the proper cables, or do you have to change a setting in your tv every time you play a pal game to get it to work?

I had some problems with Pikmin PAL, to make it run i had to tell usbloader to get the video mode from the game not from the system, otherwise it wouldn't run.
With little king's story i didn't touch anything, i am using ultimateloader v7 1.1 i think it must default to game region video mode, i'll check it later. Pikmin 2 PAL also works like a charm.

Anyway, i have a ntsc-u wii, with composite cables (which helps), 480p and a PAL samsung LE32A656. I still haven't found any game PAL or NTSC that didn't work with this setup. I am in Europe and i have one pal wii too, but only use the ntsc one because of the 60hz in vc games.

tolax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
micric100 said:
tolax said:

wink.gif

Since your tv supports PAL, when you play a PAL game, do you change anything in your TV's settings or does your tv automatically recognize the 576i and scale the image? Do I need to change something in my wii settings to make it output at 576i or does this happen automatically when loading a PAL game from the USB Loader. Because I checked my tv's specs and it supports it and I also have the component cables, but not all PAL games work unless I force them and even then sometimes they don't work. It must be a settings problem

My Pioneer (5060) just accepts the signal. There is no setup required. As the game starts a little 'TV' logo appears saying 'input 2 - 576i' and then everything runs normally. Interestingly when I reset the game though and try to go back to the Wii hompage the TV does not like it and just shows a blackscreen. Obviously it does not like trying to go from 576i to 480P. A quick reset on the Wii though brings everything back.

Amusingly when the game first started I was like 'Wow thats really fuzzy', my TV is scaling that really badly. Then I read the review and they described the opening sequence as looking like it had Vaseline smeared over the screen - it was an intentional effect.
smile.gif

Tolax

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i own a 40" samsung full-hd lcd (le40a656) and the graphics really suck of this game.
they are just so pixelated and un-clean, it hurts my eyes.
frown.gif

(pal wii, component cable, 480p)

taliosfalcon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't buy the tv doesn't support 576i excuse, for one thing I know mine does, but the main reason is that the my wii completely freezes up on the black screen, the wiimote won't connect, reset button doesn't work etc. If it was just a case of the tv not displaying the input correctly the wiimote would connect no problem and reset would work.

micric100

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if your wii freezes up, it could be because you have your internet set to use a Lan adapter, and that doesn't work with the usb loader.

This might be off-topic, but if I have force NTSC set in my preloader hacks, does it force every game I start from the usb loader?

edit: if the NTSC hack is enabled or disabled the PAL games play the same in the USB loader, so i decided to disable it.

lenitao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this game got a score 9/10

i'm buying it, i hope it works on USB loader so the loading times are less, like in Animal Crossing

micric100

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if I run 1 PAL game in it's default format on an NTSC wii from the USB loader and it works, does this mean that my tv supports 576i and that I can play all PAL games in their default format?

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
micric100 said:
if I run 1 PAL game in it's default format on an NTSC wii from the USB loader and it works, does this mean that my tv supports 576i and that I can play all PAL games in their default format?

i don't think so. i can play a lot of PAL games on my NTSC Wii but not Pikmin and not Little King's Story.

mk123a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
From my understanding, PAL games that work on NTSC via USBLoader or off the disc channel is because those games support NTSC and PAL video formats, i.e. there is a 480i/p mode that the game to default to instead of 576i. Games that do not work under ntsc don't have the 480i/p option. Unless your tv can natively support the PAL resolution, I don't think anything can make the game work. Forcing NTSC might have some undesireable effects with these games - black and white only, scrolling jerky screen, etc.

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mk123a said:
From my understanding, PAL games that work on NTSC via USBLoader or off the disc channel is because those games support NTSC and PAL video formats, i.e. there is a 480i/p mode that the game to default to instead of 576i. Games that do not work under ntsc don't have the 480i/p option. Unless your tv can natively support the PAL resolution, I don't think anything can make the game work. Forcing NTSC might have some undesireable effects with these games - black and white only, scrolling jerky screen, etc.

would it be possible for some super awesome person to somehow patch the iso and put in a 480i/p option?

sorry if this is a super stupid question. i know nothing about this kind of thing.

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
phpgeek said:
Bladexdsl said:
my will is running through hdmi
tongue.gif

If you have a HD enabled TV then I sincerely hope that you are using HDMI to connect, else you would lose the benefits - not that a Wii is HD anyway, lol!

my wii is it's running off a hdmi cable!

where did you get this wii hdmi cable ? xD

taliosfalcon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on a semi related note, anyone know of any way to patch this so it'll work with modchips? I k now my tv can display 576i, i've played other pal games at that resolution, but when I attempt to play this my wii freezes at a black screen (wiimotes dont' work etc) I'm assuming this is one of the few pal games that just doesn't work with autopatchers for whatever reason. I've tried patching the iso with regionfrii, wii region patch and wiigionfree in conjunction with brickblocker with no improvement and am now completely stumped

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: These cotton candy grapes be pretty addictive