Hacking little help on my cfw

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
There's no point if it's not a TA-088v3 (which it isn't if you have a perm CFW at the moment).

In your situation the best course is to try to install 6.60 OFW, and if that works run the temp 6.60 PRO B10 and check your system info with PSPIdent. Once you've confirmed in your own mind what PSP you have you can then perm install the 6.60 PRO firmware with the cIPL.

I'm guessing it's probably a TA-085 or 088v2.

Reactions: 1 person

horofrof

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
its TA-088 v3 confirmed with pspident. what's my next step? should i leave it with PRO nightly? or will i benefit more if i changed it to PRO B10?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
You updated to 6.60 or just checked the mobo? If you updated you should just run the 6.60 PROB10 LCFW and forget about making it permanent. If you didn't update take the battery out of your PSP and leave it out for 20 minutes....i don't think you're actually turning it off. Once it's off you can see what OFW you have and then proceed to either uninstalling the Nightly and using the non cIPL perm 6.20 PRO firmware or just using the 6.60 LCFW

horofrof

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nope. I didnt update it. Really for 20 mins?.. I think 10 secs would be enough though. I took it out before when i was checking for the seal if it was still intact and when i turned it on, its still in "hacked mode" -not sure if that was the right term. seller said it was not HEN.

jeez, im starting to think that it would be best for me to leave it that way =.=

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
No....it's all this imbecilic mention of cIPL flashing that's scrambling my brains. Never go near the cIPL with your PSP. The reason you have a perm firmware is nothing to do with a cIPL, it's because you have a 6.20 nightly which has the modified vsh prx rendering it permanent. Therefore all you need do is to get the 6.20 B10, run the permanent patch (not the cIPL flash) and uninstall it, then PROUPDATER to uninstall the Nightly and then run it again to install the files for PRO B10. Personally i'd leave it as a temp fw but at that point you can use the perm hack which is safe for your motherboard (NOT a cIPL).

In short, you're on 6.20. Uninstall the Perm patch, uninstall the Nightly using the 6.20 PROUPDATER and then Install PROB10.

NOTE - there is a small chance of a brick if you uninstall the perm patch. If you want the safest option just update to 6.60 OFW and either use 6.60 PRO as a temp CFW or downgrade back to 6.20 afterwards.

horofrof

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
that makes it so much clearer! so im on 6.20. Is there a permanent 6.60 PRO B10?

thanks so much for the info xist!. really appreciated it! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fuckin heavy storm over here