Hardware List of hardmod installers by region

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hi, I did not find the place for the private message so I am trying to @hundshamer here and I am not sure if it works.

So I got a bricked New 3DS, I actually hacked it but messed it up latter. The lucky thing is I got a NAND back-up and maybe this can save my machine.
PLZ contact me if it works and you are still taking this service.
well he will probably be in touch soon now you have tagged him, but here is the link to send him a PM
https://gbatemp.net/conversations/add?to=hundshamer

liuqyilin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

liuqyilin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason @hundshamer's account went dark on thursday and he hasn't been on gbatemp since. I've been waiting for a reply since I've paid him

I saw that somebody left feedback that he is quite busy sometimes and it may take longer to get the 3DS back. Actually I prefer to find someone nearby or in New York, but I can hardly find them.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hmmm well I have messaged him elsewhere to give him a heads up, maybe we could get permission off @mashers to edit the first post so verified modders can add a "expected turnaround" and move themselves into the "on leave section" if they find themselves too busy at any point just so people have a more clear picture of who is available and how long they will be waiting

Reactions: vb_encryption_vb

StandardBus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
what cables do you use? Are those cat5 cables?
No, they aren't but I'm constantly evolving my hardmod installations, so maybe in the future i'll use CAT5 certified cables.
I also tested many SD card readers. I finally found a card reader 100% compatible with all 3DS' and I'm providing them for a very little price at users that ask me to do the hardmod, so you can avoid searching a compatible one.

lostdotfish

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

Just wondering what the going rate for this mod is in the UK. I'm thinking of offering my services. I've been hacking handhelds and other Nintendo suff for a while and just picked up my first o3ds at a bargin price (parental lock was stuck on - nothing a little mkey salt couldn't fix.)

I've completed my first Hardmod and I have the tools and experience to do these well (ESD workstation, Metcal solder station - I've been building flight controllers for quadcopters since the beginning and have a lot of experience soldering SMD by hand). Just want to make sure it's worthwhile before shooting a few portfolio photos and formally requesting to be added.

As a bonus treat for UK guys doing this mod themselves;

Poundland 99p Card Reader from Signalex - working with o3ds hardmod

9zXvW01.jpg

Last edited by lostdotfish,

TechAndrew

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,
I recently sent in my Red New Nintendo 3DS XL to @vb_encryption_vb for a Hard Mod and a Downgrade from 11.0.0-33U to 9.2.0-20U.
The turn-around time was about 4-5 days, but due to the fact that my Post Office was too lazy to find the package and returned it the day after I inquired about it, I had to wait an additional week or so. I'm happy to say that I have finally received the 3DS in the condition I sent it in, with everything working as intended.
Overall, I am impressed with the mod. The port is flush with and hidden at the back of the system and does not generally interfere with the 3DS's cosmetics. I can confirm that the mod works, as it was immediately recognized when I plugged in the included cable into a compatible SD card reader.

I will upload pictures once someone has requested them.

Signing off,
TechAndrew

TechAndrew

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A HARDware MODification?

Basically, there are multiple reasons why people would want a HardMod (Hardware Modification) to their 3DS;
1. Downgrading from 11.0.0-33 Firmware
2. Restoring a previously dumped NAND-Backup
3. Unbricking your 3DS; Pretty Rare, But It's Not Unheard Of
4. Just for Convenience

Daniel41550

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, there are multiple reasons why people would want a HardMod (Hardware Modification) to their 3DS;
1. Downgrading from 11.0.0-33 Firmware
2. Restoring a previously dumped NAND-Backup
3. Unbricking your 3DS; Pretty Rare, But It's Not Unheard Of
4. Just for Convenience
Can I get one for a PS Vita

lostdotfish

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok just picked up a N3DS XL - I'll mod it when it gets here and take some photos of both consoles mods. Hopefully then I'll be able to offer this service to UK and EU residents.

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Image for the gallery for Milerwan. New3DS XL microUSB connector. Got this a while back but only just now found this post.

2zNVis6.png

Last edited by Favna,

StandardBus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just finished tidying up my hardmod. Photo to show hardmod port location on an o3ds.

nLdXjnK.jpg
Hardmod like this one are really dangerous. User can revert the fakeSD adapter and thus changing ALL the connections between the EMMC and the card reader. Please start making non-revertible hardmods and stop allowing users from connecting them wrong.

Last edited by StandardBus,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv6RbEOlqRo