Hardware List of hardmod installers by region

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
That's probably cause your not very Informed about the situation depending on the laws in Germany... Specially with modifing systems from Nintendo...

Honestly what are you trying to achieve here. I'm 36 Years old and modded more Consoles then you will probably ever see.. This guy asked and I can do the job. I even own a full registered Company that does nothing else than modding Gamesystems.... But I don't Downgrade 3DS neither do I sell Flashcards over the Company cause I had my letter... Google it than you know more. And by the way.... If you want to do it simply right him an PM.... And do it :-) cause it's not like I have to do his DS.... He asked for help you now....

Probably he's better of getting it done by you as you have a 1000 post's here what for sure is an reference... But please... Don't use the German Plailect Guide than as I was the one translated it just to give the German Community something back. And for sure you don't want to listen to a guy with has only 20 post's on a board what is really not very recommending for him then...

Sorry Dude dont get your point in attacking someone you don't even know the way you do it...

Bit too old for that...

Greetz Seb

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

Hey nobody's attacking you, the internet is a public and anonymous place and it's common sense to ask for credentials before sending your expensive
equipment to some stranger online. It's not personal

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Exactly,

Well I have some experience with soldering, I think I will try it soon. Maybe someone from Poland will come up and help, who knows :D

Remember the hardest thing is disassembling the 3DS, it has a lot of tiny ribbons and tinny rebbon connectors that you have to unplug, just be delicate
and you'll be alright. It's harder on a New 3DS because some welding points are beneath the circuit board, just make sure you write down where everything goes
and don't loose any of the tiny parts. Look up videos and schematics online. If it's an old 3DS it should be much easier.

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's probably cause your not very Informed about the situation depending on the laws in Germany... Specially with modifing systems from Nintendo...

Honestly what are you trying to achieve here. I'm 36 Years old and modded more Consoles then you will probably ever see.. This guy asked and I can do the job. I even own a full registered Company that does nothing else than modding Gamesystems.... But I don't Downgrade 3DS neither do I sell Flashcards over the Company cause I had my letter... Google it than you know more. And by the way.... If you want to do it simply right him an PM.... And do it :-) cause it's not like I have to do his DS.... He asked for help you now....

Probably he's better of getting it done by you as you have a 1000 post's here what for sure is an reference... But please... Don't use the German Plailect Guide than as I was the one translated it just to give the German Community something back. And for sure you don't want to listen to a guy with has only 20 post's on a board what is really not very recommending for him then...

Sorry Dude dont get your point in attacking someone you don't even know the way you do it...

Bit too old for that...

Greetz Seb

What?:rofl2: You can't be serious. I didn't attack you and you clearly don't know what an "attack" is. I just simply said that you should make yourself known in the community here, since I would never ship my console that is worth over a 100 euro + 50-60 euro to someone that isn't known here, or can't show what they have already done. Your site doesn't mention 3ds hardmods. Also, having a fancy site doesn't really tell something about your skills. Show us one of your hardmodded consoles, make yourself known and then we'll have no problems. Its rather easy

konsolenumbau.expert

Trophies
Website
konsolenumbau.expert
XP
Country
Germany
That is for sure. I don't feel offended anyhow... After righting this "book"... Lol

I'm a very straight guy I always was... I wouldn't offer it if I couldn't achive what I offer. It's just the art of asking... But anyhow. I don't have anything to be offended by as I was just a bit annoyed by the way he stated his post... Might be me misunderstand something so I apologise if necessary. Anyway all good...

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm considering doing it all by myself because sending it anywhere abroad would cost me a lot. I guess I can get it done but I'm just not confident.
I wish I'd done it myself, but everywhere on the forum, people recommended sending it to a hardmodder. So I did.

I sent my n3dsxl to hundshamer. I only wanted him to flash a nand backup. I did not want a permanent hardmod. He received the 3ds on March 16 and I got it back on May 19 working perfectly.

Anyway, by that time I had gotten impatient and had already bought another n3dsxl. I also bricked this one!! There was no way I was sending it to a hardmodder, though. I hadn't even received my other n3dsxl.

I went ahead and tried it myself. I only did a temporary hardmod because I didn't want holes in my 3ds. The hardmod turned out to be super easy and fast. You literally just solder 4 wires and one of them is ground. Since then I've done a bunch more. I've only tried it on n3ds and n3dsxl, but o3dsxl looks easy.

I say go for it. Just practice soldering a bit and make sure to use flux. I'd been putting together lasers since I was 13, though, so I could already solder.

Last edited by invaderyoyo,

konsolenumbau.expert

Trophies
Website
konsolenumbau.expert
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by konsolenumbau.expert,

NerdsMcGee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like I'm buying a N3DS SM Bundle when it's released and sending it to vb_encryption_vb. Grinds me that I'm out the other N3DS due to lack of response from hundshamer. :(

icecreamcake

Trophies
XP
Country
Does any hardmodder change screens? I'd like to swap a set of TN screens for IPS screens, but I don't know if spare 3DS screens can be bought anywhere.

icecreamcake

Trophies
XP
Country
Forget this idea, if you want IPS screens, buy a new console directely.

With special editions it can't always be done. My Super Famicom 3DS LL came with TN screens to my disappointment. If I can't get the screen swapped I'll probably sell it on ebay to someone who doesn't care.

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you ask someone to change the screens you will have necessay trace of opening and maybe dust under top screen... I think you will be dispointing by the result and you will see always the defaults.
Morever IPS screens can't be found like this.
Forget this idea.

designgears

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, did a hardmod, did a fantastic job, got everything downgraded, went thru the guide, got everything setup, even did a region swap. (J->U) Everything went great! I went back in to add a usb port to the hardmod, went great, filed a nice hole in the case, looks amazing! Then I went to screw back on and I put an enclosure screw in the back cover screw hole and screwed it in, it went all the way in with a just few turns and hit the motherboard. When I power it on it just flashes the blue power light once.

Sad day. :(

Is there any place to get a replacement n3ds motherboard? I see a few XL ones on eBay, but no regular ones.

I4EAkWs.jpg

Last edited by designgears,

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Welp, did a hardmod, did a fantastic job, got everything downgraded, went thru the guide, got everything setup, even did a region swap. (J->U) Everything went great! I went back in to add a usb port to the hardmod, went great, filed a nice hole in the case, looks amazing! Then I went to screw back on and I put an enclosure screw in the back cover screw hole and screwed it in, it went all the way in with a just few turns and hit the motherboard. When I power it on it just flashes the blue power light once.

Is there any place to get a replacement n3ds motherboard? I see a few XL ones on eBay, but no regular ones.

I4EAkWs.jpg
God that sucks. I have seen all sorts of motherboard on eBay. Not sure what country your in but you may need to do an import.

I did something like this on a PSP once. Put the wrong screw behind the screen and.... Shattered.

icecreamcake

Trophies
XP
Country
Hardmod is dangerous business. Knowing the risk, how do people decide to try their first hardmods? It's a valuable service to the community but a few bricks are expected along the way.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

I4EAkWs.jpg
that *may* still be ok, as long as you didnt go crazy and snap the board, clean the area, try reseat all the cables and hope for the best
God that sucks. I have seen all sorts of motherboard on eBay. Not sure what country your in but you may need to do an import.

I did something like this on a PSP once. Put the wrong screw behind the screen and.... Shattered.
.......i have to admit i did the same once upon a time :shy:....back when the screens were about £50.......that sucked
Hardmod is dangerous business. Knowing the risk, how do people decide to try their first hardmods? It's a valuable service to the community but a few bricks are expected along the way.
well i think the most important factor is having a fair bit of prior experience with repairing small electronics like iphones etc (thats not to say its mandatory, but it helps) as for why, i only started in the gateway brickgate as a kind of public service when people were finding themselves with bricks and no other way of getting it fixed

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock