Not open for further replies.

Dr.Stiles

Trophies
Website
www.quatchibars.blogspot.com
XP
Country
DanTheManMS said:
...this was answered in YOUR OWN TOPIC - http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=131679

And in the stickies. And the HUNDREDS OF POSTS that have asked for a GBA emulator for the DS.

It is NOT POSSIBLE at any playable speed. End of line. Please stop asking.

It's not really a question, I actually was saying that in disappointment, and as a statement rather than a question. lol...

anandjones

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
DanTheManMS said:
The list you posted has an outdated link for SnezziDS. Latest releases are at http://snezzi.pocketheaven.com/
Yes, I made the list a full year ago.

Waddle Dee: I posted that when none of those emulators would work with R4 (when they didn't work with R4, and when it was still getting updates etc. February last year).

sirkero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
It is NOT POSSIBLE at any playable speed. End of line. Please stop asking.
Considering the DSi has a 133 MHz ARM (twice the original DS', and it has 4 times as much RAM if that's an issue), do you think it would it be possible for a DSi GBA emulator to run decently fast?
I remember hearing somewhere that it takes about 8 instructions on one processor to emulate 1 instruction on another. No idea if that's accurate, but 133 is about 8 times the GBA's 16.78 MHz...

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no "magic number" for that type of thing as it depends on a lot more than just processor speed. The DSi's upgraded hardware might make it slightly more possible, but I still would not hold my breath for anything running even close to full speed.

Then there's the fact that we can't run any homebrew code in DSi mode yet, so all we've got right now is exactly what the DS has to work with.

faceless79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wish someone would update some of these things, i mean the emulators mostly all work great but can get better.

deefadog

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, what's the best C64 Emulator - I am using FrodoDS at the moment but wondered if there was anything else more user friendly?

Cheers

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
Is there a Mobile Phone java game emulator on the DS ? (cause playing that new Sonic unleashed mobile seems fun , and the good ol Sonic advance 1/N )

if so , can you tell me ?
if not , is it at least possible ?

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
underwearman said:
is there ANY possibility that you can emulate nintendo 64 games on the nintendo DS?

cause if there is that would be above awesomeness
The DS can barely emulate the SNES, so no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu