Hacking List of all Gateway questions (9.2.0-20)

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I apologize if this has already been answered.

Does the 3ds need to be on a wifi constantly while Gateway is in use?

Is it possible to use the Android 3ds Xloader app to start the server, boot into gateway mode, launch game and immediately switch off the X loader app?

You only need wifi to launch the launcher.dat, after you did that, you can turn it off if you want to.

steveo581

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed gateway 3.01 in early february. I see that there is now gateway 3.04. If I want to update do I simply replace the launcher.dat or do I need to like re-install it or something. There is a pdf with 3.04 of instructions but I dont understand it at all. Like it shows the blue card that ive never used and it shows something about clicking 3ds profile in system settings. I have just been launching through system browser.

All I would like to do is play majoras mask. do i need 3.04 to do that?

Also, Im about to install emunand. Once i do that do i still click the same gateway launcher from the menu from before? Like is there an option of launching gateway on sysnand vs emunand or will it always be on emunand once i install it?

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
I installed gateway 3.01 in early february. I see that there is now gateway 3.04. If I want to update do I simply replace the launcher.dat or do I need to like re-install it or something. There is a pdf with 3.04 of instructions but I dont understand it at all. Like it shows the blue card that ive never used and it shows something about clicking 3ds profile in system settings. I have just been launching through system browser.

All I would like to do is play majoras mask. do i need 3.04 to do that?

Also, Im about to install emunand. Once i do that do i still click the same gateway launcher from the menu from before? Like is there an option of launching gateway on sysnand vs emunand or will it always be on emunand once i install it?
To update, it's simply copy past.

You don't need 3.0.4 for Majora's Mask.

Tzheng

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Was wondering, since it says on the FAQ somewhere that the gateway will support any console which is firmware 9.2 or lower; however next to that in parentheses it says the new 3ds/XL needs some more time. I don't quite get it. So does that mean that the gateway card is not supported on any new 3ds/XL at all, or does it mean that as long as your new 3ds/xl is firmware 9.2 or lower it would still work? Contemplating buying a New 3DS XL in near future, would like help on the matter of flashcarts! Thank you.

Edit: as a side question, what version would a newly bought New 3DS XL come in? Also if it wasn't 9.2, and I would like to update the FW to 9.2, but no higher, would it be possible?

Xirix

Trophies
XP
Country
So could someone explain to me how downgrading works? I can't seem to find a 4.5 3DS XL anymore, but I'm sure any I buy will be able to use the browser exploit, but I want to use the original exploit so that I don't need to be constantly on the wireless to be able to launch it.

Spaqin

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So does that mean that the gateway card is not supported on any new 3ds/XL at all, or does it mean that as long as your new 3ds/xl is firmware 9.2 or lower it would still work?
For now, n3DS is not supported at all. Whatever the version is.

So could someone explain to me how downgrading works? I can't seem to find a 4.5 3DS XL anymore, but I'm sure any I buy will be able to use the browser exploit, but I want to use the original exploit so that I don't need to be constantly on the wireless to be able to launch it.
1) Only consoles with soft up to 9.2 can be downgraded. So not any console will do.
2) To downgrade, you neet to use Gateway's Launcher.dat on 5.0-9.2 console; there's a tutorial in the tutorial section for this thing. It's not very hard and all you have to do is press some buttons.

Xirix

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah I see, is there information on what firmwares have below 9.2 perchance? Though the ones I looked in Argos had serial numbers only just a bit higher than what I needed for 4.5...

Spaqin

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello I have a 3ds with version 2.1 at the moment. I'm waiting on a gateway to come. Which update should I go with 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4 or 4.5 please? Thank you.
It's not really important, you can go with any. But can I ask you, how are you going to update? Do you have a game with all these updates?

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FWIW I had a 9.2 3DS that I was able to successfully downgrade to 4.2 and then setup 9.5 emuNand. Everything is working perfectly!

Dotmore

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
2 questions :

Can i pirate virtual Console games on GW?

Can i use Pokebank with my backup Omega ruby (Private Header)?

Xirix

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way to update Emunand without going online? Ie... if your 3DS gets banned, does that mean no more Emunand upgrading?

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BigBlueMenu.3ds always crashes my N3DS and leaves me with one of these "Please power off your device"-messages.

I found this thread:
http://www.logic-sunrise.com/forums/topic/66628-lancer-big-blue-menu-impossible/

but I don't speak French at all.

3dserrorfail.jpg

This is what the message should look like in English.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up