Hacking List of all Gateway questions (9.2.0-20)

Bulletsmoke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm thinking of buying an AUS normal N3DS and I already have a Gateway. I'll still need to find a PAL copy of Cubic Ninja or OoT before I can do anything right? The PAL versions looks to be more expensive :( but I really just want the ability to change faceplates.

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a save of MM3D on my 2DS. It is a digital game. Is it possible to back this save up and transfer it to my Gateway version of MM3D?

Note: The Gateway version is on my 3DS XL.

Aman27deep

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
India
I'm thinking of buying an AUS normal N3DS and I already have a Gateway. I'll still need to find a PAL copy of Cubic Ninja or OoT before I can do anything right? The PAL versions looks to be more expensive :( but I really just want the ability to change faceplates.

#shpCntId[/url]

Edited

MattNY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am new to the 3DS flash cart scene and have a few questions. I love the flexibility that Gateway has to offer and want to buy one. Will they work on a 2DS though or will I have to purchase a 9.2 FW 3DS? I am assuming the latter but want to check before making any purchasing decisions.

Rezek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Should i get a NNID on my new3ds before installing gateway? I wanted to unlink emunand and sysnand, would eshop work without a NNID at sysnand?

Thanks

iamj0j0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does one back up save files with gateway 3DS? For regular nintendo games, there are .sav files on the microSD, but there are none for 3DS games. I don't have a clue on how to back up my games in case they corrupt. Any help will be muchly appreciated.

Greatforce

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I installed the Flashcardtimewarp.cia file a while back, and play it frequently. However, is it possible to use the blue card on EmuNAND? (So, can i remove the red card while on EmuNAND) (using blue card as DS flashcard)

I ask, cuz its a burden to keep switching between Emu and Sys NAND

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does the cubic ninja QR exploit have to be done every time the system is powered on?
You install the exploit once. Afterwards you need to start the game and select "Create QR code", but it will instantly go to the Gateway-menu. You don't have to scan the QR code every time.

charleskimble

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You install the exploit once. Afterwards you need to start the game and select "Create QR code", but it will instantly go to the Gateway-menu. You don't have to scan the QR code every time.

Can someone clarify the 2 different methods to access the Gateway menu with OoT and Cubic Ninja?

1) My understanding is that with the OoT method, you need the ACTUAL OoT cart to reboot into the Gateway menu, only when the system is POWERED OFF. if it's in sleep mode, you don't need the actual cart again. Is this correct?

2) With cubic ninja, you INSTALL the exploit once, but do you still need the actual cart as well? Does it work similar to how I described OoT above with the powering off/sleep thing?

Thanks in advance!!

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can someone clarify the 2 different methods to access the Gateway menu with OoT and Cubic Ninja? 1) My understanding is that with the OoT method, you need the ACTUAL OoT cart to reboot into the Gateway menu, only when the system is POWERED OFF. if it's in sleep mode, you don't need the actual cart again. Is this correct?´2) With cubic ninja, you INSTALL the exploit once, but do you still need the actual cart as well? Does it work similar to how I described OoT above with the powering off/sleep thing?Thanks in advance!!
0. If you put your EmuNAND-3DS into sleep mode, you don't need to reboot into anything. Just make you you're on your homescreen or in a CIA/eShop-game when putting your 3DS into sleep. Going to sleep with a game booted from the Gateway-card is not advised, because the card may or may not overheat and the battery is drained faster.

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...mode-rule-apply-when-you-are-using-cias/page5

1. Yes, you need an actual OoT card or Sky3DS with a certain save-file installed. You enter the game, press A and the game basically crashes into Gateway-mode.

2. Yes, you need the actual card as well and it works the same. Cubic Ninja is, at least for me, faster and more reliable. You basically boot the cartridge, select an option and you're already in the Gateway-menu.

charleskimble

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
0. If you put your EmuNAND-3DS into sleep mode, you don't need to reboot into anything. Just make you you're on your homescreen or in a CIA/eShop-game when putting your 3DS into sleep. Going to sleep with a game booted from the Gateway-card is not advised, because the card may or may not overheat and the battery is drained faster.

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...mode-rule-apply-when-you-are-using-cias/page5

1. Yes, you need an actual OoT card or Sky3DS with a certain save-file installed. You enter the game, press A and the game basically crashes into Gateway-mode.

2. Yes, you need the actual card as well and it works the same. Cubic Ninja is, at least for me, faster and more reliable. You basically boot the cartridge, select an option and you're already in the Gateway-menu.

Thanks for the reply! I just wanted to know if a friend and I could share 1 genuine OoT or Cubic Ninja cart between us, instead of both of us hunting down one of the overpriced carts on eBay now. From the sounds of it, we should be okay as long as we don't ever power down the console... or play until the battery runs out and turns the console off, as those events would require us to re-insert OoT/CN and re-access the Gateway menu...
Is that understanding correct?

Thanks for your help!

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for the reply! I just wanted to know if a friend and I could share 1 genuine OoT or Cubic Ninja cart between us, instead of both of us hunting down one of the overpriced carts on eBay now. From the sounds of it, we should be okay as long as we don't ever power down the console... or play until the battery runs out and turns the console off, as those events would require us to re-insert OoT/CN and re-access the Gateway menu... Is that understanding correct? Thanks for your help!
Yes, this is correct, but like I said: Better go to standby without any game running, don't enter the settings menu (leaving it will kick you back to SysNAND). I'm still not sure if this is a good idea (you battery will be wear out faster) and when your device crashes, for whatever reason, you need to meet up with your friend again.

finz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. I got emuNAND working for my gateway on my 3ds xl, but since I only had one SD card, I had to back up all of my eShop games/saves on my PC in order to backup sysNAND. As such, all of my eShop games disappeared. I tried merging my original SD backup onto the SD card again (which has folders and saves on it presumably from emulated 3ds games) but the eShop games still aren't there.

I'd connect to the eShop to see if I can download them again but I'd have to update and I can't remember when that's safe (been watching for news and updates on this crud for like 2 years so it gets confusing if you don't keep up).

I'll keep searching for an answer but if someone has a quick one I'd REALLY appreciate it, just want to play my Ambassador games and be able to swap to Gateway stuff too =(

EDIT:
So this is probably what I'm looking for:
"They can only be accessed by the 3DS when it's running on the NAND that they were originally
installed with." So since I believe I formatted my emuNAND (whatever that means) the games aren't there anymore because they don't match. I forget if it's safe to go on eShop on emuNAND, more searching... BTW I don't think I had any save files in there that I'd care about, but I don't know if you can backup saves from emuNAND eShop games for future use or if they're encrypted to hell.

Found this in the 3.0 Beta Update thread:

I have setup my emuNAND, but the backup I made of my SD card isn't being picked up.
When you go into your SD card, you will see a "Nintendo 3DS" on the root. But inside this folder should be another "Nintendo 3DS" folder - merge your backup with this one, not the one on the root.
To make my games re-appear on emuNAND, do I just need to copy back my SD backup?
Yes, that should work. You will also be able to re-download anything that is on your NNID, in case you have deleted anything from your backup (or any other reason).

So, to answer the first one I only had one Nintendo 3DS folder, not another one inside it Inception style...?
And this second point is exactly what I did! I merged my SD backup into the single N3DS folder and no luck =/ Granted I did it a month and a half after I formated emuNAND and started using it, could that be why?

Greatforce

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If i look http://3ds.essh.co/, there are some VC titles that arent official. I mean, you can't buy them on the Estore afaik. How then, did they make it VC games? Is it possible with any GBC games? Or even GBA?

renqiang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I guess I can confirm that eachmall are legit, took me 24 days to receive it (Ireland). Had to apply the gateway stickers myself (avoid customs?). Anyways, it's working fine on my 9.2 2ds (crystal red?). I read that many 2ds were having issues and the way to solve it was by installing them as .cia instead but I don't know if Gateway fixed it or I have a lucky 2ds but I've logged about 12 hours into gaming with .3ds files on my micro sd and haven't had a single issue as of yet. So I'm pretty damn happy with that :)

coveiro24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iirc, You could go into emuNAND, and open download play. And with the other 3ds, run a game with download play, which should update you to the version the other 3ds is on. Make sure WiFi settings are stuffed with fake connections on both consoles.

Just two quick questions :!:
The last emunand supported by gateway for the new 3ds is 9.4 right?
To use the download play to update the emunand on the other console, what game do you suggest, to update to 9.4 version? if this is supported by gateway...

Reactions: ldeveraux

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr