Hacking [LINUX+MAC] Emunand Tool Max

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow thanks for this one.
Will save me from having to open VM on my mac every time.
Wish i would've found this a few days earlier tho before i upgraded my N3ds to 3.2 Gateway lol.

Are their any other programs available specifically for mac?
Was hoping to find something like "3ds explorer" so i can shrink my games without having to open VM.

Reactions: nastys

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wow thanks for this one.
Will save me from having to open VM on my mac every time.
Wish i would've found this a few days earlier tho before i upgraded my N3ds to 3.2 Gateway lol.

Are their any other programs available specifically for mac?
Was hoping to find something like "3ds explorer" so i can shrink my games without having to open VM.
There is a tool somewhere that trims card1 ROMs on Windows and OS X (it doesn't compile on Linux, but I use it with Wine and it works fine). If you need 3DS Explorer for any reason, it works with Wine/PlayOnMac.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
There is a tool somewhere that trims card1 ROMs on Windows and OS X (it doesn't compile on Linux, but I use it with Wine and it works fine). If you need 3DS Explorer for any reason, it works with Wine/PlayOnMac.

use rom_tool to trim on mac, command line compiled native, no wine

Reactions: Melon__Bread

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
use rom_tool to trim on mac, command line compiled native, no wine
Yes, that's it! I couldn't recall its name and I don't have access to my PC right now.
Anyway, I was saying that you need Wine only on Linux or for 3DS Explorer, otherwise you could just use rom_tool directly via the OS X terminal.

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Yes, that's it! I couldn't recall its name and I don't have access to my PC right now.
Anyway, I was saying that you need Wine only on Linux or for 3DS Explorer, otherwise you could just use rom_tool directly via the OS X terminal.

i also use gw rom patcher 0.6 in wine, i'm not sure if there is anything better i should be using. but it is ok, it works for me.

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
any chance for make rednand.bin with emunand.bin? on linux? i have see the bat .. but i not understand it

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
any chance for make rednand.bin with emunand.bin? on linux? i have see the bat .. but i not understand it
I'll add full support for redNAND in the future, but for the time being, you need to do it manually from a full backup (using GNOME Disks, Mintstick, gDiskDump or dd).

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
New version (1.2) released!
  • Improved UI;
  • backup/restore the Nintendo 3DS folder on the FAT32 partition;
  • built on Qt 5.4.1, with native file selection dialogs for GNU/Linux;
  • improved file dialogs;
  • improved SD card autodetection;
  • bug fixes;
  • skip caching to SD card during restore on GNU/Linux;
It is already available on MEGA for GNU/Linux; the OS X version will be available in about 30-60 minutes is now available as well :) .

A nice feature suggestion would be to have this program also offer to make a backup of the rest of the memory card to make a full save state of the system that can be restored at any time without breaking eShop saves.

All it would have to do is tar the contents of the fat32 partition.
I just added a similar feature, but it only backups the Nintendo 3DS folder. It does not make sense to backup everything, as you can simply backup your entire SD card using Disks/Disk Utility.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I found out why the OS X version is slower: it's because dd writes directly onto the drive, always skipping the cache.

Reactions: hippy dave

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
why after i flash rednand.bin it askme for password? and nothing happen... the terminal open but nothing in it..

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
nastys yes now i see the VERBOSE... what is the second part of RESTORE function?
Isee sdd" bs=8M on title.. and is very slow!

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
nastys yes now i see the VERBOSE... what is the second part of RESTORE function?
Isee sdd" bs=8M on title.. and is very slow!
Code:
dd+" if=\""+mbrpath+"\" | pv | dd of=\"/tmp/3dsciakit-nand.tmp\" count=1"
dd+" if=\""+backuppath+"\" | pv | dd of=\"/tmp/3dsciakit-nand.tmp\" skip=1 seek=1"
dd+" if=\""+backuppath+"\" | pv | dd of=\"/tmp/3dsciakit-nand.tmp\" count=1 seek="+seek
dd+" if=\"/tmp/3dsciakit-nand.tmp\" of=\""+emunanddevice+"\" bs=8000000 oflag=direct"
The speed depends on your SD and your PC. It should take about 5-15 minutes.

EDIT: you may be using an old version of ETM...

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
so the firts part what do? the firts part write 988.mb directly on my hd in temp file?
another question... if toolmax use dd (and in my previous thread u say i can use dd for emunand to sd for cfw) why u not add the dd value?
after i flash the rednand (i have use winxp on vbox for make it, and i have use your tool before for make emunand.bin), i need only to copy launcher.dat and other bin to root of fat32 partition? what cfw ? what is the betteR?

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
so the firts part what do? the firts part write 988.mb directly on my hd in temp file?
Yes, to be precise:
  1. it copies the MBR data into the temp file
  2. it appends the emuNAND backup into the temp file
  3. it writes the temp file onto the SD card (I HIGHLY recommend using the latest version, 1.2, as it fixes some bugs in the restore function.)
and finally, it deletes the temp files
Code:
"rm \"/tmp/3dsciakit-nand.tmp\" \"/tmp/3dsciakit-mbr.tmp\""

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1