United States
medium_1548710300_fc0cababf0_o.jpg

1547123987_5798811d75.jpg

1547123251_17dd20ce50.jpg

1547991564_1154ae727d.jpg

1547122039_24cb0b2074.jpg

1547121367_29388cf4f0.jpg

Details:
Out on the 19th November and package with the Wii Zapper.

Link's Crossbow Training contains three basic game styles: target shooting, defender and ranger. There are 27 stages in total, and these categories represent only generally how each individual stage operates. Each stage's goal is to earn the highest score possible within the time limit. All rounds can be played with multiple players: Players pass the Wii Zapper around and then play one at a time and compete for the high score.

Target Shooting: In target-shooting rounds, players shoot bull's-eyes as they pop up on the screen. In early stages, targets are stationary. As the game difficulty increases in later levels, the targets move. Hitting the center of the bull's-eye nets more points, and hitting targets in succession without missing earns combo multipliers. Link can aim anywhere on the screen.

Defender: In defender rounds, players remain stationary but can look and aim in all directions - sometimes even in a full 360 degrees - by aiming off screen. Hordes of enemies assault Link, and he must fight them off. These battles have a great deal of variety, from fighting off skeletons in a desert to defending a wagon from boar-riding Bokoblins.

Ranger: In ranger rounds, players can move throughout the level using the control stick and aim anywhere they want by aiming the Wii Zapper wherever they want to look. In these missions, Link storms enemy encampments, fights his way through a forest and seeks out his foes while exploring the environments.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fourth pic begs for an "aim for the crotch" caption!
rofl2.gif
That's obviously the whole reason for that placement to begin with... wonder if they'll be lame and move it somewhere else for USA release... I could see them being lame and pulling something like that... just hope they don't though cause I might mess up from laughing seeing it there...
rofl2.gif

MajinGohan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
They should´ve just included this as a mini-game of some sort in the Wii-Version of Twilight Princess. Oh well, we´ll see how it´ll turn out.

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Comes out on November 19th, eh? It's not like that day was important at one Wii-related point in time.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
i think i'd love this. i've always loved zelda shooting mini games, like in OOT and phantom hourglass.

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one who thinks it`s weird to bundle a crossbow game with a gun instead of a crossbow..
I'd bet anything the conversation went something like this.

-We want everyone to buy the wii zapper casing so that we can use it in a lot of future games.
-Okay so we need to make it really cheap and make it come with a game everyone wants.
-That means the game should be based on one of our classic franchises.
-Right so that would be Mario, Zelda, or Metroid.
-Yeah, but we're going to sell it for $20 and games cost $50 and those DON'T come with a gun shell.
-Well then we need to use assets from a game we've already made to lower development costs.
-Mario Galaxy isn't out yet so that leaves Zelda or Metroid.
-Samus has a gun arm, but then we'd have to deal with Retro Studios to get the assets and that would complicate development.
-Well, let's use Link then.
-But a bow and arrow doesn't have a trigger like our gun shell does.
-Make it a crossbow then.

I'm actually really excited for this game. I love on rails lightgun style shooters!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc