Link GBA emulator to DS emulator??

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by VinyCiriaco, Aug 6, 2015.

1. VinyCiriaco
    OP

VinyCiriaco Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2015
    Brazil
    Hello guys.:hrth:
    For quite a while, I've been trying to complete my Pokédex in XY, a lot of trouble with the legendary ones, and I've got some (hopefully brilliant) idea: I've been thinking about playing all other Pokémon games, starting from FireRed / LeafGreen in GBA, in order to get all legendary ones I could find. The point is, Ive been looking quite a while on internet for it, about how to transfer those Pokémons found on earlier generations, onto the next generations, without the real GBA or DS, and I haven't found so much useful info.
    I found a lot of "Put the GBA game into your DS", "Use the cable", "Use the wireless cable", and so on, a few guys asking about the same question as me, but not so much answers. But the point is, I don't have a GBA, nor a DS, nor any cable, nor any real game, just a 3ds and the XY, and of course, a PC, internet and lots of time to search for it:gba:...
    I could even use some emulator on my PC to make those changes, I don't really really care. I mean, open two emulators on my PC to trade, or somehow connect my dstwo Pokémon game to my PC, use my SD Card to trade on my PC, I don't really know how, but I guess you got the point, I could do anything (as far as it's free, of course :lol:) to get it...
    BTW, I have a friend who has Poké X, and I could use his game (or even put my dstwo on his 3ds) to transfer to mine by the end, if I reach to DS generations I'm fine...
    Thanks in advance, guys...:bow:

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Desmume does support GBA slot reads and saves as well. http://wiki.desmume.org/index.php?title=Faq#Does_the_.27GBA_slot.27_option_let_me_play_GBA_games.3F though there is probably a guide to doing PAL park on the DS entries.

Your trouble will be getting it onto the 3ds pokemon game. The pokemon bank thing is as yet unhacked from what I have seen so the only way people do it from emulators, assuming you are not going to just straight up cheat/save hack on the 3ds pokemon, is to inject the save back onto an original DS game and then go via the pokemon bank.

3. VinyCiriaco
    OP

VinyCiriaco Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2015
    Brazil
    If I at least "reach" DS generation, I guess I can simply trade it to my friends 3ds, right??

4. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    The issue will be getting it to a legit cart so that you can transfer it to the 6th generation games. Since you cannot simply inject into Bank/Transporter, you need to get your Pokémon onto a legit cart first. If you have a flashcard for the DS this will be able to be done.

5. MichiS97

MichiS97 "Leftist snowflake milennial"

GBAtemp Patron
    MichiS97 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2011
    Germany
    Munich
    You can simply convert the pkm files from the gen 4 games (get them with PokeGen) to pkx files and inject these files into XY with PKHeX

6. VinyCiriaco
    OP

VinyCiriaco Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2015
    Brazil
    I've never heard off that, but I'll google it and see what I can find... any other idea besides that??

7. MichiS97

MichiS97 "Leftist snowflake milennial"

GBAtemp Patron
    MichiS97 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2011
    Germany
    Munich
    Oh wait, with the method I posted you need to have a 3DS on an exploitable firmware (4.0-9.2). I just assume everybody to have that on here, sorry ;)

8. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    I found that the cheapest way is to buy a legit Black or White 2 Cart (as White and Black have the multi select removed so moving to box 1 , 1 at a time is real tiring) then use a flashcart for HG/SS and use that for GBA to DS transfer and to transfer to B2/W2

I ended up buying Pearl, Heart Gold, White, and Black 2 all legit in the end though.

9. VinyCiriaco
    OP

VinyCiriaco Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2015
    Brazil
    I have a dstwo, and that's why I though about doing this whole thing just to get some legendary. BTW, about PKHex , I guess it's kinda dangerous, and I'm kinda fuzzy sometimes, so I'd better do this whole thing, and buy a B2/W2 later on to transfer. Anyway, thanks for the hints, mainly the one about desmume, by the time I used desmume, I didn't know about this gba in ds thing...well, Thanks guys, again :bow: