Hacking limit on amount of games.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow! You own all those games!? Must have taken an awful long time to backup to your PC
wink.gif

Solution: Don't pirate
biggrin.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kingdruid said:
To everyone else sorry about this, but I just had to respond that and I've already structured my roms into different folders. Case closed, but it would have been nice if this card didn't have a limitation on the amount of roms in a directory.

So you resolved your own problem by using folders eh!?? ....Then whats your problem with me!? ... you did what everyone else in the thread told you to do including me!

You did make a bad comparison of an xbox hd to a micro sd theres no comparison there! ...The file cluster size and drive structure are totally different ..same with a pc hd it uses different file cluster sizes/layout ... sd cards and micro sd cards use a smaller cluster size!

Oh ..... and I do know what I'm talking about I don't need Google to tell me there is an issue with number of files in the root folder of a mem card its common knowledge experience... If you have been dealing with them for a long time all the forums like this and others such as mobile phone forums also mention this issue!

Digital cameras etc get around this issue by using a folder structure they are NOT DIRECTLY IN THE ROOT of the card!

Most cameras and mobile phones use a folder structure/short file names as in this example .. root\DCIM\101MSDCF01.jpg,002.jpg,003.jpg etc etc this is how they have no issues with number of files on the card if you look you will see layout this with your own hardware...

To add to the argument/debate ....the number of files is further reduced by LONGER FILE NAMES! ... In particular ones with longer than 8 Alphanumeric characters* ...My guess is that you have added or removed files that have different file name lengths to what you had previously hence the issues only comming to light with your card switch over ... this could also include the change in loader/kernel files also having longer/shorter file names than previously!

(*Google this fact it if you want it goes back to ms dos days!)

It really does not bother me if you wish/want to rip into me....you can say what the hell you like! ....I'm waaaayyyy too long in the tooth to let that even phase me!

Others here appreciate my help even if you don't!
smile.gif

@TraumaHoundNDS if they are in A FOLDER then its problem solved! ... the issue lies with the number of files in the ROOT or main folder of the mem card
smile.gif

kingdruid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.thelowridergame.com
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
kingdruid said:
To everyone else sorry about this, but I just had to respond that and I've already structured my roms into different folders. Case closed, but it would have been nice if this card didn't have a limitation on the amount of roms in a directory.

So you resolved your own problem by using folders eh!?? ....Then whats your problem with me!? ... you did what everyone else in the thread told you to do including me!

You did make a bad comparison of an xbox hd to a micro sd theres no comparison there! ...The file cluster size and drive structure are totally different ..same with a pc hd it uses different file cluster sizes/layout ... sd cards and micro sd cards use a smaller cluster size!

Oh ..... and I do know what I'm talking about I don't need Google to tell me there is an issue with number of files in the root folder of a mem card its common knowledge experience... If you have been dealing with them for a long time all the forums like this and others such as mobile phone forums also mention this issue!

Digital cameras etc get around this issue by using a folder structure they are NOT DIRECTLY IN THE ROOT of the card!

Most cameras and mobile phones use a folder structure/short file names as in this example .. root\DCIM\101MSDCF01.jpg,002.jpg,003.jpg etc etc this is how they have no issues with number of files on the card if you look you will see layout this with your own hardware...

To add to the argument/debate ....the number of files is further reduced by LONGER FILE NAMES! ... In particular ones with longer than 8 Alphanumeric characters* ...My guess is that you have added or removed files that have different file name lengths to what you had previously hence the issues only comming to light with your card switch over ... this could also include the change in loader/kernel files also having longer/shorter file names than previously!

(*Google this fact it if you want it goes back to ms dos days!)

It really does not bother me if you wish/want to rip into me....you can say what the hell you like! ....I'm waaaayyyy too long in the tooth to let that even phase me!

Others here appreciate my help even if you don't!
smile.gif

@TraumaHoundNDS if they are in A FOLDER then its problem solved! ... the issue lies with the number of files in the ROOT or main folder of the mem card
smile.gif

So are you saying digital camera's automatically create separate folders under the DCIM directory? I thought the problem was with the amount of files in a folder not the amount of files in the root????? Are you saying the problem with the CYCLODS is that people are storing all their roms in the root and leaving the filename too long?

I am not one to not thank someone for there help, but you didn't come on here giving advice you came on here talking shit saying I was complaining about the limitation. There is a big difference.

You may be smart and help people out on the forum, but just because you see someone questioning something doesn't mean you have to jump on and talk shit to defend something. Reminds me of the sony fanboys I used to see online.

xxRAG3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either try A-M N-Z folders like me, or try using alternate saves (which basically saves to a default folder on the root so it doesnt cause any limit problems, meaning 127 files is the limit including your save)

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kingdruid said:
So are you saying digital camera's automatically create separate folders under the DCIM directory? I thought the problem was with the amount of files in a folder not the amount of files in the root????? Are you saying the problem with the CYCLODS is that people are storing all their roms in the root and leaving the filename too long?

That's quite possible ... no doubt its not just Cyclo it could be ANY ds card as they all use SD/SDHC cards only way to know for sure is test various file name lengths and amounts of files on various cards ..most people rename their roms either manually or with a rom manager some roms have huge names such as the Jap ones etc .... some people leave the release number on the rom too so that's an extra 4 digits right there add to this underscores and spaces and its used up pretty quickly!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1