OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.thelowridergame.com
XP
Country
United States
I copied a bunch of games to my new 8GB cardr 195 total plus saves.

WHen I go into the menu it doesn't show all the games. It stops at around o and does not list the rest of the roms. I got around this problem but moving 83 roms into a separate folder, but what can I do to fix this?

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup 127 is correct. Its not a problem with the FW, its just like this so there arnt too many games in a list. Maybe for loading issues but yeah who would actually want all those games in 1 folder. At that point Id alphabetize them.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeMoN said:
You can't fix it. You just have to deal with it. The limit is 127 ROMs I believe.

Its more like just 63.5 (half of 127) as you have 1 save game per game too so it totals out at 127 ... its the total number of files in the ROOT folder that causes this problem!

as above put them in a couple of folders or categories ... eg sports,puzzle,adventure etc
smile.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ONLY thing you can do at this point is to separate games into mutliple folders. Supposedly, they are going to make a new GUI that will eliminate this problem, but no one knows when that might happen. It's been an empty promise from TC for quite a while now that such a GUI will be created.

dobz

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow why would you even need that many on cart
wtf.gif

But i suppose if you brought a 8 gb sd card.....

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are a few ways you could organize it. Like it was said above, you could put them into genres, you could make a folder for every letter of the alphabet, or do what I do and make 3 folders labeled A-I, J-R, and S-Z and organize them that way. You aren't limited to these methods either -- organize them any way you feel is most efficient.

kingdruid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.thelowridergame.com
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't really matter why I would want that many. It's like saying oh well you have way too many pictures in your picture folder you need to start putting them in separate folders. I want to have a Games directory and that's it no subfolders with different labels. I never had to do that with any system I've had. Remember the original xbox and the ability to store games on the drive? Imagine they told you well you have to put them into different folders. I understand the argument, but it just shouldn't work that way. You should be able to have all your games in one directory no matter how many you want. Unless someone had thousands of games that is understandable, but we are talking about under 200. That's not that many when you think about how many games have been released for the DS.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kingdruid said:
Doesn't really matter why I would want that many. It's like saying oh well you have way too many pictures in your picture folder you need to start putting them in separate folders. I want to have a Games directory and that's it no subfolders with different labels. I never had to do that with any system I've had. Remember the original xbox and the ability to store games on the drive? Imagine they told you well you have to put them into different folders. I understand the argument, but it just shouldn't work that way. You should be able to have all your games in one directory no matter how many you want. Unless someone had thousands of games that is understandable, but we are talking about under 200. That's not that many when you think about how many games have been released for the DS.
You'll gain nothing from complaining about it. It is what it is. And really, it takes an extra 2 seconds to choose another folder. It's not a big deal.

testic-cancer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
You'll gain nothing from complaining about it. It is what it is.
By "complaining" he is adding one more voice to those of us who don't like the shortcoming/bug in the current implementation . By "complaining" he is increasing the likelyhood that it gets fixed sooner.

apathy gets you knowhere (sic)...

camintmier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's how I accomplished getting 160+ roms on my CycloDS. Folders.
Code:
+
|\
| +Roms
|ÂÂ|\A
|ÂÂ|\B
|ÂÂ|\C
|ÂÂ|\D
|ÂÂ|\and so on
I put Games starting with A in the A folder, B in B, and so on. If a folder has more than 60 games, for example, the D folder, I'll make a D2 folder and put the rest in there.

Remember that your save files count also (at least I think they count), that's the reason I only put 60 games per folder. I really should only put 40 because of the roms, the save files, and the Realtime Save files, but I don't use RTS files that often.

Hope that helps you some.

chazam1337

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kingdruid said:
I copied a bunch of games to my new 8GB cardr 195 total plus saves.

WHen I go into the menu it doesn't show all the games. It stops at around o and does not list the rest of the roms. I got around this problem but moving 83 roms into a separate folder, but what can I do to fix this?
is there even 195 GOOD nintendo ds games?

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kingdruid said:
I understand the argument, but it just shouldn't work that way. You should be able to have all your games in one directory no matter how many you want. Unless someone had thousands of games that is understandable, but we are talking about under 200. That's not that many when you think about how many games have been released for the DS.

Clearly you don't understand ... well at least with the difference between a hard drive and flash memory they are totally different when it comes to handling files an Xbox is a cut down PC think about it! ..... Anyhow look at the structure of an XBOX games they come structured in multiple FOLDERS that's how you would get away with it with an XBOX hd!

Added to that hard drives also suffer a limitation too in individual file sizes..... hence if your drive is formatted FAT or FAT32 it will choke trying to image a DVD which is 4gb in size or bigger to a hard drive that only handles up to 2gb file sizes ... That's why DVD ripping programs split the rips into 1gb manageable chunks ...NTFS does not have this limitation!

I could go into technical details of why there's a number of files limit on a mem card/mem stick but I won't bore people with that ....you can Google it yourself and read about cluster sizes and their influence on data in the root directory and why its not possible etc!

Oh and those that are thinking then why not format the mem card to NTFS .... that's a windows drive format a ds card will simply not see it! (and yes its possible to format it to NTFS ..I've mentioned this elsewhere but its a pointless/useless exercise!)

kingdruid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.thelowridergame.com
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
kingdruid said:
I understand the argument, but it just shouldn't work that way. You should be able to have all your games in one directory no matter how many you want. Unless someone had thousands of games that is understandable, but we are talking about under 200. That's not that many when you think about how many games have been released for the DS.

Clearly you don't understand ... well at least with the difference between a hard drive and flash memory they are totally different when it comes to handling files an Xbox is a cut down PC think about it! ..... Anyhow look at the structure of an XBOX games they come structured in multiple FOLDERS that's how you would get away with it with an XBOX hd!

Added to that hard drives also suffer a limitation too in individual file sizes..... hence if your drive is formatted FAT or FAT32 it will choke trying to image a DVD which is 4gb in size or bigger to a hard drive that only handles up to 2gb file sizes ... That's why DVD ripping programs split the rips into 1gb manageable chunks ...NTFS does not have this limitation!

I could go into technical details of why there's a number of files limit on a mem card/mem stick but I won't bore people with that ....you can Google it yourself and read about cluster sizes and their influence on data in the root directory and why its not possible etc!

Oh and those that are thinking then why not format the mem card to NTFS .... that's a windows drive format a ds card will simply not see it! (and yes its possible to format it to NTFS ..I've mentioned this elsewhere but its a pointless/useless exercise!)

If thats the case. Then can you answer me why the Acekard 2i was able to see all my games before I upgraded to the Cyclo? Does it somehow covert the mem card to a hard drive??? Seriously I can't believe you just wrote that. That just doesn't make any sense at all. If there was a problem with the quantity of files in one folder on a memory stick I wouldn't be able to copy 200+ roms to the folder. Are you telling me that people that buy memory sticks and copy there photos into them have are limited to only 150 pictures per folder.

It annoys me when people try to back up something with no knowledge of the subject.

The only limitation to FAT 32 compare to NTFS is the filesize!!! Google is your friend. Please use it before you jump in a forum and try to correct someone.

Damn I just wasted 5 minutes of my life responding to one of the dumbest post I've ever seen. I mean seriously wtf how the hell did your imagination come up with this s***. Damn thats annoying.

To everyone else sorry about this, but I just had to respond that and I've already structured my roms into different folders. Case closed, but it would have been nice if this card didn't have a limitation on the amount of roms in a directory.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kingdruid said:
If thats the case. Then can you answer me why the Acekard 2i was able to see all my games before I upgraded to the Cyclo? Does it somehow covert the mem card to a hard drive??? Seriously I can't believe you just wrote that. That just doesn't make any sense at all. If there was a problem with the quantity of files in one folder on a memory stick I wouldn't be able to copy 200+ roms to the folder. Are you telling me that people that buy memory sticks and copy there photos into them have are limited to only 150 pictures per folder.

It annoys me when people try to back up something with no knowledge of the subject.

The only limitation to FAT 32 compare to NTFS is the filesize!!! Google is your friend. Please use it before you jump in a forum and try to correct someone.

Damn I just wasted 5 minutes of my life responding to one of the dumbest post I've ever seen. I mean seriously wtf how the hell did your imagination come up with this s***. Damn thats annoying.

To everyone else sorry about this, but I just had to respond that and I've already structured my roms into different folders. Case closed, but it would have been nice if this card didn't have a limitation on the amount of roms in a directory.
You can respond to someone with information supporting your side, but you don't have to be an ass about it!

Anyways to make a long story short the CycloDS hardware has limitations that the Acekard2 doesn't. There's nothing they can do about it, and I highly doubt that any firmware update will change that. See how I did that without being a total ass?

kingdruid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.thelowridergame.com
XP
Country
United States
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
kingdruid said:

You can respond to someone with information supporting your side, but you don't have to be an ass about it!

Anyways to make a long story short the CycloDS hardware has limitations that the Acekard2 doesn't. There's nothing they can do about it, and I highly doubt that any firmware update will change that. See how I did that without being a total ass?

He was the one that responded being an ass with false information. I apologize for coming off as an asshole, but I had to respond to that. People read these things and would actually believe what the guy is saying.

Your explanation was a lot better. The hardware on the cyclods has limitations. He made it sound like it was because of the memory stick and that is wrong to make people believe that when he had no idea what he was talking about.

Once again sorry for replying like an asshole, but he did it first and I had to respond when I saw I was being corrected with incorrect information.

TraumaHoundNDS

Trophies
Website
traumahound.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
Its more like just 63.5 (half of 127) as you have 1 save game per game too so it totals out at 127 ... its the total number of files in the ROOT folder that causes this problem!

Couldn't one get past that by using the alternate save method? ...though that would mean only 127 save files could exist in that folder...
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello