Not open for further replies.

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
OP updated:

New goldhen v2.4b13 added to dongle firmware + ps-phive files.

(remember and clear your ps4 web browser cache or the old goldhen will load from the ps4 cache).
Post automatically merged:

OP Updated: Bug fixes...

Web interface -
fixed file manager "download all" to properly create a zip file.
file manager "delete all" is now instant, no need to reboot.

CPU changes - Arduino runs on core 1, events run on core 0. (probably you need to flash the bootloader and the firmware for this to take effect).

This will be my last update on this for a while now as that's everything done now that I want this dongle to do.

Last edited by mrdude,

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey @mrdude after updating to 2.0.8 now all I get is this error when I try to upload

recipe.preproc.macros pattern is missing
Error compiling for board ESP32S3 Dev Module.

any ideas?

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
hey @mrdude after updating to 2.0.8 now all I get is this error when I try to upload

recipe.preproc.macros pattern is missing
Error compiling for board ESP32S3 Dev Module.

any ideas?
What? just use the bin files and don't try to compile yourself. Erase your flash first if you have erros & flash all 3 bin files.

Reactions: Nullinga

ellirhc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
How do i get Lilygo-T-Dongle-S3 in flash mod? I cant get it to start flash and i do not understand why

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @mrdude im curious. Why do we upload first and then sketch data upload? Cuz I get error on upload so I skipped it and just data upload and it still works.

Attachments

• IMG_4418.jpeg
    IMG_4418.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 41

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Can you add Goldhen 2.4b14 on the Lilygo-T-Dongle-S3 ?

Please^^
Yes, I'll do it in a little while - later today!

EDIT: Done, firmware + ps-phive files are updated.

NOTE: Remember and make a backup of your internal flash files if you're running modded html server files, as when you flash the partition.bin file you will erase them. Also remember and clear your PS4 cookies+website data.

Last edited by mrdude,

goggo

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
@mrdude
thanks for your work!
I think the dongle is the best way to jailbreak your 9.00 PS4, it's cheap and looks good with the display and all.

Thank you again!!!

Reactions: mrdude

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
@mrdude
thanks for your work!
I think the dongle is the best way to jailbreak your 9.00 PS4, it's cheap and looks good with the display and all.

Thank you again!!!
No worries, also if you ever want to use the latest goldhen, just call it goldhen.bin and upload it via the dongles web browser to the dongles flash.

Maximo101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mrdude: The flashing worked without a hitch, thank you for all your efforts on this. You actually inspired me to go and polish up on my OOP and try to learn python... Hopefully a distant background in C++, Basic and (showing my age)...Fortran will help.

Is there any reason you couldn't leave the dongle powered up in your pc or laptop and run the ps4 just the same? There's no requirement for it to be in the ps4, is there?

Again, thank you for all your work.

What other interesting projects could the S3 be applied to, other than the ps4 web exploit??

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
mrdude: The flashing worked without a hitch, thank you for all your efforts on this. You actually inspired me to go and polish up on my OOP and try to learn python... Hopefully a distant background in C++, Basic and (showing my age)...Fortran will help.

Is there any reason you couldn't leave the dongle powered up in your pc or laptop and run the ps4 just the same? There's no requirement for it to be in the ps4, is there?

Again, thank you for all your work.

What other interesting projects could the S3 be applied to, other than the ps4 web exploit??
Yes it needs to be in the PS4, otherwise how could you mount the usb exfat image to start the exploit? I take it you are unaware of what this exploit does? It basically needs a corrupt exfat USB plugged into the PS4 usb port. The glitch is run via the PS4 web browser, at this point you either install or mount a corrupted exfat usb drive. So you still need USB access on the PS4 - otherwise there would be no need for a dongle at all. Does that make any sense to you?
I am unaware of anyway to mount an exfat image via the web, maybe there's a way - but I don't know how this could be possible, maybe ask the creator of psphive as he was looking into it I think.

Reactions: peteruk

Maximo101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that make sense. But I have been running Al-Azif's web exploit, which now is off-line due to the DNS issue. I visited the web page, then insert my usb thumb drive when prompted, then usually the exploit ran 98% of the time. Then good to go.

I guess the corrupt exFAT table is installed on my 4G thumb drive? And now the S3 dongle takes care of this without the need for an external web page or DNS redirect. Coorrect?

And do you use the S3 for any other non-ps4 applications? There's not alot of info on the T-dongle online...

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Yes, that make sense. But I have been running Al-Azif's web exploit, which now is off-line due to the DNS issue. I visited the web page, then insert my usb thumb drive when prompted, then usually the exploit ran 98% of the time. Then good to go.

I guess the corrupt exFAT table is installed on my 4G thumb drive? And now the S3 dongle takes care of this without the need for an external web page or DNS redirect. Coorrect?

And do you use the S3 for any other non-ps4 applications? There's not alot of info on the T-dongle online...
There's lots of things you can use the T-dongle for if you use your imagination: Here's just one example:
https://github.com/wasdwasd0105/SuperWiFiDuck

Also you can put a micro sd card into the dongle, you could use it for logging network traffic, network scans, hacking networks etc. The dongle also has bluetooth (BLE), so you can also use it for stuff that uses BLE - just look for some examples of esp32-s3 ble.

I like the fact the dongle also has an LCD screen so you can use that to print out data when you are testing code, like I said - just use your imagination and write the code, just like I did when I added the telegram bot stuff to the dongle to send the IP/MAC of the dongle to your telegram device.

As for Dongle on PS4 - you are just using it to run an access point with a web page, (so need to be online), and then when you visit the page the exploit is run and a usb drive image gets mounted (instead of needing to plug in/out usb manually) and unmounted.

You can get some example code from here to get started:
https://github.com/Xinyuan-LilyGO/T-Dongle-S3

Maximo101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mrdude, you are awesome. just what i was lookin for.
I started witht the IDLE editor for python, but all the articles and texts I can find say to run anaconda and use Jupyter notebook to write code. just installed it and running through python for dummies...

don't laugh, you gotta start somewhere.

thanks again

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
mrdude, you are awesome. just what i was lookin for.
I started witht the IDLE editor for python, but all the articles and texts I can find say to run anaconda and use Jupyter notebook to write code. just installed it and running through python for dummies...

don't laugh, you gotta start somewhere.

thanks again
You should try wingide as a python IDE if you are writing stuff on windows. It will make your life a lot easier when writing python programs.

https://wingware.com/
Post automatically merged:

OP Firmware updated. Added support for webserver mjs (javascript modules) for upcoming quickhen/psfree release. You'll be able to add these to your flash storage and redirect to index2.html. These new files will hopefully be released soon and should add support for those on firmware 9.60. Once the files are fully released/tested I'll update the OP again. But for now those that can mod html/java files will be able to run the mjs files from the dongles webserver.

Last edited by mrdude,
Reactions: Maximo101
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users