'Life is Strange: Double Exposure' gets extended gameplay trailer

life is stage new.jpg

Following the reveal during the Xbox Games Showcase 2024, Square Enix has aired a new trailer for Life is Strange: Double Exposure. The 18-minute video provides a closer look at the gameplay:

Max Caulfield, photographer-in-residence at the prestigious Caledon University, discovers her closest new friend, Safi, dead in the snow. Murdered. To save her, Max tries to Rewind time – a power she’s not used in years… instead Max opens the way to a parallel timeline where Safi is still alive, and still in danger! Max realizes the killer will soon strike again – in both versions of reality.

Only Max can Shift between the two parallel timelines to solve and prevent the same murder.

Developer Deck Nine also livestreamed a video providing further details about the next installment in the popular franchise. “We knew that this had to be something special. We also knew we had to respect the two unforgettable endings to the first chapter of Max’s story, while also crafting something new," Felice Kuan, Narrative Director, said. "Something fresh, that echoed and acknowledged Max’s past challenges, even as it moved her personal story forward. Welcoming in new players from the very beginning, while giving fans the story they didn’t know they wanted.”

Life is Strange: Double Exposure is set to launch on Xbox Series X|S, PS5 and PC (Windows Store and Steam) on October 29 and pre-orders are now open. A Nintendo Switch version is also planned for a release at a later date.

:arrow:SOURCE

drasglaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I loved LIS and Before The Storm, but I didn't like Tell Me Why one bit, abandoned it after chapter 1. I haven't played LIS2 or True Colors yet, but since this one continues LIS1's story, I'll give it a try before LIS2 or True Colors most likely.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Does anyone actually care about this series? The first game might've been cool at the time, but all I've ever heard about the sequels is the poor characterisation and the declining quality of the stories told.

How is this series still earning sequels, when better franchises have been dead for decades?

Paolosworld

Dionicio3's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember playing the first game and liking it more often than not but HOLY SHIT the first game has one of the most dogshit endings in video game history it scared me from ever playing one of these again

YoureALoser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone actually care about this series? The first game might've been cool at the time, but all I've ever heard about the sequels is the poor characterisation and the declining quality of the stories told.

How is this series still earning sequels, when better franchises have been dead for decades?
Why are you even here posting when clearly you are not the target audience. If you ask an idiotic question like "does anyone actually care about this series" while also saying "I've heard" you don't need to voice your opinion because your opinion is based on hearsay & no first hand knowledge.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Why are you even here posting when clearly you are not the target audience. If you ask an idiotic question like "does anyone actually care about this series" while also saying "I've heard" you don't need to voice your opinion because your opinion is based on hearsay & no first hand knowledge.
...Because it's a free website, and I can share my thoughts if I want to (as long as they don't break the Rules, which I did not)? Plus, I'm curious if anyone like this series, as I really have never heard any kind of discussion surrounding the sequels pretty much anywhere online - only about the first game, several years ago. The part about 'the sequels being mediocre' was from some quick research I did.

This ain't a court of law; "hearsay", as you put it, is perfectly fine here. Have a break, my dude, have a KitKat - what we actually don't need is aggression, being confrontational, and rudeness.

Reactions: ZeroFX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprised they never made a second one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It takes two was their newest different theme
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't care for that one so much, but didn't play it much either.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda creepy. I'm not usually a horror game fan, but it looks really good graphic wise, esp w 4k. I admit it made me jump a few times.
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    Anyone here using the 3DS?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    do u have pretendo?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    whats ur code?
  • B @ btjunior:
    i dont have pretendo sorry
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    oh ok
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    well if ur console isnt modded i suggest u to mod it
  • B @ btjunior:
    also, just curius, does the freinds app still work after the shutdown?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    yes
  • B @ btjunior:
    nice
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    but u cant play online games anymore :(
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i miss going in other peoples town
  • B @ btjunior:
    yeah
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i have a friend named Pineapple (@pineappleJuice hi). we played a lot the day b4 the server shutdown
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I preten to know doe
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @LNLenost how well is the pretendo servers, you ever get kicked off games when playing online?
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    @BigOnYa not always you get kicked. it happens rarely to me.
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    ofc they're not great, but props to them for making this
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    btw, I decided to make the nintendo support team going insane
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i told them my badges disappeared after i opened the badge arcade after the shutdown, but actually they disappeared because i opened the badge arcade w/ pretendo
  • AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears:
    Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders for two Wii-channels: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wuhb-to-vwii-channel-request.657253/#post-10441514
    AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears: Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders...