Hardware libsicksaxis - connect sixaxis/DS3 to the Wii

bhhclarke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey hey, is there a guide of how to install this, so that I can used the ps3 controller with the snes emulator??
or did I miss it? I'd like to get this running as the controllers I've tried, the d-pad doesn't really cut it.

thanks!

Iz-GOod

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi xerpi,

Noob alert: I'm a software engineer but completely new to C and to modifying other people's projects.

First, thank you for this cool project. I got it to work with both sixaxis and dualshock controllers. However, I have some more PS3 controllers I'd like to get to work.

I forked your repo with the intention to create a version of your lib that supports more PS3 devices (Hori RAP4 in PS3 mode, Madcatz TE PS3 Fightstick First Edition, ...). In other words, I'll find a way to have the lib check for more than one set of Vendor/Device ID. I'm guessing that as long as it's an officially supported PS3 device, the input data sent to the Wii will be the same.

To achieve this, am I right that I would have to:
1) Modify and compile libsicksaxis
2) Fork or download one of the snes9x forks that use your lib, and recompile with my version of your lib.
3) Put on sd card or usb key
4) ???
5) Profit!

Does that sound right?

Thank you!

Reactions: ZipMartin

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi xerpi,

Noob alert: I'm a software engineer but completely new to C and to modifying other people's projects.

First, thank you for this cool project. I got it to work with both sixaxis and dualshock controllers. However, I have some more PS3 controllers I'd like to get to work.

I forked your repo with the intention to create a version of your lib that supports more PS3 devices (Hori RAP4 in PS3 mode, Madcatz TE PS3 Fightstick First Edition, ...). In other words, I'll find a way to have the lib check for more than one set of Vendor/Device ID. I'm guessing that as long as it's an officially supported PS3 device, the input data sent to the Wii will be the same.

To achieve this, am I right that I would have to:
1) Modify and compile libsicksaxis
2) Fork or download one of the snes9x forks that use your lib, and recompile with my version of your lib.
3) Put on sd card or usb key
4) ???
5) Profit!

Does that sound right?

Thank you!
I implemented a basic version of his first lib on Snes9x RX if you want to check it out and improve. It definitely needs an upgrade.

Iz-GOod

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I implemented a basic version of his first lib on Snes9x RX if you want to check it out and improve. It definitely needs an upgrade.
Gotcha, thanks! That makes more sense than working on the lib separately and then having to integrate it to a Snes9x fork.

Out of curiosity, what's your dev environment like? I'm wondering if I should use Programmer's Notepad or Visual Studio Code in conjunction with DevkitPPC.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Gotcha, thanks! That makes more sense than working on the lib separately and then having to integrate it to a Snes9x fork.

Out of curiosity, what's your dev environment like? I'm wondering if I should use Programmer's Notepad or Visual Studio Code in conjunction with DevkitPPC.
For now i'm only using Notepad++ and the DevkitPPC, keeping it simple and a bit old school, lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up