Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time has been converted to VR

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can be ported over, but would probably take some eextensive modifications to Dolphin to make the online part work.
Remember Pokémon mmo? It was a modified emulator that played black/white, fire red/leaf green, etc, but online. Something like that would work right?
Or maybe in some way incorporate the GameCube’s online features into it.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm... I found this thread because I just heard on a YouTube video that Metroid Prime was pretty ok on Dolphin VR, and I was going to ask opinions about Dolphin VR in general. I have a Quest 2. Is it worth my time to get it running? Funny thing is, I own every Metroid game, but I've never played the GC ones more than a few minutes. Was never compelled to buy a GC, but bought used copies of the game when I got my Wii since it was backwards compatible...

EDIT: Ummm... the instructions start by saying to get the rom. Are we talking the N64 rom or Virtual Console Wii?

Last edited by urherenow,

Mama Looigi

If you read this, I'm now your mother
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hmmm... I found this thread because I just heard on a YouTube video that Metroid Prime was pretty ok on Dolphin VR, and I was going to ask opinions about Dolphin VR in general. I have a Quest 2. Is it worth my time to get it running? Funny thing is, I own every Metroid game, but I've never played the GC ones more than a few minutes. Was never compelled to buy a GC, but bought used copies of the game when I got my Wii since it was backwards compatible...

EDIT: Ummm... the instructions start by saying to get the rom. Are we talking the N64 rom or Virtual Console Wii?
Wii VC

And yes DolphinVR is worth setting up
The Zelda games are great in it, metroid prime games are great *but only really the gamecube ones, and that's if you're already well used to the controls*

Reactions: urherenow

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edit: Step 6 and 7 files are not on the discord server. I think I have them though, and one .ini file is in a "gecko" folder.

I've tried to use the patcher, but it always says "Error! One of your Dolphin Settings files is being used by another program. Please close out of it and try again.". But... nothing is opened, it isn't even loaded in my C drive at all, and I've tried to run as administrator anyway...

When I start the game, I hear the intro music, but I can't do anything. a <loading hourglass> shows on the screen and doesn't go away... I'm using an N64 controller with an adaptoid, I have configured all of the buttons, and they are all working in the Dolphin controller config.

What do I do now?

Last edited by urherenow,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...