Gaming Legend of kay

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
If it's for DS, it's for DS. Legend of Kay: Screenshots Look at the freakin' screenshots there. It's not like DS games can't have good graphics, right?
The DS can have good graphics, but there's just a limit of HOW good it can look. There are just certain technical limits in the DS 3D hardware and it shows. DS lacks a texture filter, so games will always look a little blocky. Also, the polygon count is comparable to the PS1 or N64. These screens are WAY too high poly to be able to be on DS. It's just impossible for a game to look that good. Absolutely impossible. We've seen what the best looking DS games are, and they are still clearly DS games.

These screenshots were sent out not to give you an idea of what the game looks like, but to get people interested and hyped up. I've seen this many times, where a game released on several systems was given generic screenshots from ANOTHER system, despite looking completely different. A good example of this is the boxart for the DS game Rayman DS. It was a terrible port of Rayman 2, it looked worse in every possible way. This included the textures being horribly blocky and everything. Yet on the back of the box, they used screenshots taken from the amazing and gorgeous Dreamcast and PC version of the game, making the game look 10x better than it really was. False advertisement.

You can't just say a game looks like it does in shoddy screenshots which are clearly not from the DS. There's absolutely no way the DS can reproduce the graphics seen in the screenshots no matter what you think. The DS CANNOT match that. It can reproduce the gameplay, but it will never be able to output PS2 visuals. It is a fact that the game will not look like those screenshots.

And Naruto Ninja Destiny used a trick to make its graphics look better than they were. Cel shading. It covers the deceptively low polygon 3D models with a cartoon-like shading technique. There are a lot of games that use this style, even on DS. Dragon Quest IX and Monsters Joker use this style. As does Viewtiful Joe DS. The new Okamiden game will also use that style. You can still tell they are DS games though thanks to the low polygon count and blockiness. They only seem to look like a Gamecube game at first glance. If you look closer, they are quite primitive and only stand out due to the shading. Legend of Kay doesn't use this technique, you see a high polygon PS2 game right off the bat.

macgeek417

妁眼のシャナ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

WHO CARES ABOUT THE FREAKING GRAPHICS?!
Believe it or not, graphics aren't everything. I saw a review on GameSpot the other day comparing the graphics of the same game on a 360 and a PS3, saying that the 360 "clearly" had better graphics. I couldn't tell a differance! A game doesn't have to have good graphics to be fun. Super Mario Bros. 3 has "awful" graphics compared to modern standards, but that doesn't mean it isn't fun.

Graphics. Don't. Matter.

nickbaker50

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^Sorry but your wrong.
I agree that those screenshots are from the ps2, but that makes me wonder what the ds graphics are going to be like. I'm suprised no real screens have been released.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@I am r4ymond LOL those aren't DS graphics. thats so obvious. if you thought those were the ds screen shots, you are really stupid.
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Olyfes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
By looking at the in-ds screenshot it will be a 3D game . The wierd thing about this game is we really cant hear alot about this game , no trailers etc .. only these freaking wierd screenshots that must be for the ds...

and graphics is an importand thing in a game , graphics makes the game realistic and makes you say sometimes `wow` by beutifull places...

wtf wou should enjoy an assisans creed 2 game today with n64 graphics
tongue.gif

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Inunah said:
thedicemaster said:
that's definately from the PS2 version.
the DS can't output such smooth 3D in an action game, not at that resolution either.

and just so you know, the new DSi coming soon is just an enlarged DSi.
it won't draw any more pixels that any previous DS can.
One of the Naruto games for the DS has graphics that are as good (or appear to be) as the Clash of Ninja games on the Gamecube and Wii, so it's definitely possible.

either the GC/Wii naruto games have bad graphics, or you haven't looked close enough at the DS games(ninja destiny/shinobi retsuden series, only 3D naruto on the DS)
shapes on the DS aren't nearly as well rounded as in games on the Wii, Gamecube, and PS2
not to mention the way lower resolution

QUOTE(Hisiru @ Jan 3 2010, 06:33 AM)
the-legend-of-kay-20090603020747323_640w.jpg

Source:http://ds.ign.com/dor/objects/14351632/the-legend-of-kay/images/the-legend-of-kay-20090603020747323.html

End of story.
i see a field action scene on the bottom very similar to the PS2 screenshots, and a conversation on a bridge on the top screen.
most likely a mock-up based on PS2 screenshots.

i doubt there's any use posting more screenshots, from what i've seen there is no public media of the DS version at all.
perhaps the game has even been silently canceled(considering the EU version is supposed to be available for a while, yet nobody has seen it)

thewarhammer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
...well, c'mon, everyone here knows the DS can't make such graphics. One easy thing that shows (to me) that it isn't DS screens is the text. The DS simply can't afford such resolution text with such graphics. But the pics shows the game in a "small screen", comparing the size of the character, the *whatever* text and the *whatever* bars on screen. It's look like more a PSP port to me. Maybe an iPhone port, but no way a DS port. Well, let's just wait 'till 01/25...

Olyfes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This game should be released 30nov , well we didn't see anything
frown.gif
But we wait till 25/1 and see with game we have
wink.gif

Site & Scene News