Learning the appreciation for life.

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by DeadlyFoez, Jan 19, 2013.

Jan 19, 2013
  1. DeadlyFoez
    OP

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    As many of you know, I am a deep thinker. I think a lot about death, and I think a lot about life. Many of my previous posts have been focused more on the side of death.

This is focusing on just the miracle of existence.

Many many people take for granted what life has given them. They are either blind to how phenomenal it is, they are too busy with 'life' to see it, or they are just dumb.

Life itself is an amazing thing. The fact that you or I exist is incredible.

To understand why each person is special, and to understand why any of us are here alive today is still a mystery when you take into account of the creation of everything.

This goes a lot into to thinking why did this universe become what it is, and how. When you think ever deeper about your own existence, your own life, and your own being it can take things to another level.

Feel free to add in whatever you'd like that isn't flame bait.

2. riyaz

Member riyaz Black Ace/Red Joker

Netherlands
    life is a mystery B-) thinking about it gives me a headache xD there is so many thing i want to know and yet unable to know :P:wacko:

3. pyromaniac123

Member pyromaniac123 ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

United Kingdom
  4. pwsincd

Member pwsincd Garage Flower

United Kingdom
    Just watched Life of Pi , excellent movie , a movie best summed : " against all odds " . Makes you think along the lines of what life is really about , i got no answers but the "craving for possesions " attitude in life really pisses me off , wish sometimes it was much simpler , but then reality kicks in and off to work i go to provide all my family needs/wants. Theres no meaning to any of it , were just clever animals and think too much , your born , you live , you die.

5. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    Well when I start to think the value about Life, it's not that hard to appreciate the existence for it. The key challenge is coping with the negative/positive aspects about the cycle. Normally the busyness usually comes from overlooking the moments we endure every single day. Then you have the 'lifestyle' of how you're living. To one individual, he/she can be waking up everyday going to breakfast with the family and afterwards go out together doing something fun. While another individual is waking up from a hellish event last night that lead to the sorrow and depression of their decision(s). Coping with the harsh elements to life, will always be different to everyone because we experience those challenges from previous events in our lives.

The appreciation for life itself comes from overcoming the impossible with the possible. If you're not challenging yourself then your appreciation for life will look bland compare to a person whose multi-tasking with a job, college, relationship, and religion.

6. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I'll just wait a day for the "Holy crap I made this I was so stoned" post like the last time.

Otherwise, um, I appreciate life. I'm no Jeffery Dahmer.

7. DeadlyFoez
    OP

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Correction, I was drunk and stoned. :D

But lately I've been doing a lot of driving and have been stoned and I just daze, daydream, and think about things. I have always thought about these things and watch a lot of educational shows that explore these things.

8. pyromaniac123

Member pyromaniac123 ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

United Kingdom
    As long as you don't start posting shit about quantum energy and crap it's OK.

9. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    I always find the idea of life amazing. I actually spend hours thinking about life and the universe and send seconds failing to explain what's going in my head. But I find the idea of just how life got here to be a fascinating thought. I do look at it in a scientific way though, but even then it doesn't destroy the magic behind it. If anything I think it adds a deeper meaning to life, when you think that maybe life was an accident. That maybe over billions of years, life just happened to find it's way into this universe through just a series of events that happen to mix together to make that perfect mixture we call life.

10. omgpwn666

Member omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
    Yeah, sometimes I over think and get overwhelmed too. Like, my eye balls are cameras... Why can I see!?? Why do I have taste buds? Am I supposed to lick everything? And I am done here...

EDIT: Why is everything symmetrical?? Why is there always a male and female version of everything that can make babies!? Now I am done... way to get me thinking again, punk!!

11. DeadlyFoez
    OP

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Not all species require a male and female. Take snail for example, they are hermaphrodite.

I like to think about what there was before there was everything and why did it all happen.

There's a lot of theories that go on to explain this, many are based on a god of some sort, but then there are also the ideas of multiple universes where the fabric of the universe gets stretched so much by the gravity of a black hole that it touches into another fabric of a different universe where all that matter just explodes out as a big bang. But even when you take that idea into account, still where did it all start?

12. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    ...At the same time?

If that's the case, you might not be pondering life and its various mysteries for much longer.

Tom Bombadildo and Castiel like this.
  13. DeadlyFoez
    OP

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Dude, I did not smoke my first joint yesterday.

Sicklyboy likes this.
  14. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    I'm not hearing a no...

15. DeadlyFoez
    OP

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    And the Mitt campaign did not hear a victory speech. Your point is?