Launch GBA from BagPlug Favorites

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by opeth2112, May 27, 2014.

1. opeth2112
    OP

opeth2112 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Banging my head against a wall trying to configure this - not sure if it is possible.

I have a M3 DSReal GBA Expansion, and the DSTwo. I can run GBA games fine by running GBA Exploader on it's own. But I'm trying to set it up to run from the gba.arg file, and add a GBA game to my favorites, so I can just start it from there instead of running GBA Exploader and searching for the game. As my current setup stands - when I select the GBA game from my favorites, it will run GBA Exploader, but doesn't just continue with the game. It essentially acts like a shortcut to Exploader.

BTW - I CAN run NES games from Favorites with icon support and boxart, so have been using that as an example to try GBA Exploader.

My main questions are :

1. Has anyone accomplished this and if so, can you share your setup files.
    2. If not - Does anyone know specifically how GBA Exploader loads files so I could play around with the arguments in the gba.arg file.
    3. If it does work, has anyone been able to add icon and/or boxart support in favorites as well?

My current setup :

Directory:
    /-
    Emulators/ExpLoader.nds
    Emulators/ExpLoader.ini
    GBA : roms
    GBA_SAVE : saves
    GBA_SIGN : sgn

gba.arg :
    GBA Exploder:
    "/Emulators/ExpLoader.nds"//file path
    [$PRGMPATH$,$FILEPATH$]//arguments are separated by commas
    ;

ExpLoader.ini :
    #
    # GBA_ExpLoader.ini
    #

SaveDir /GBA_SAVE
    SignDir /GBA_SIGN
    #No_MultiSave ! No Multi Save

2. VatoLoco

VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    Ya Cant Get There From Here
  3. opeth2112
    OP

opeth2112 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    weird - I had another version of that file, but this one worked. Thanks for the link! I think I figured out the box art, now to get the icon changed and I should be good to go!