Hacking Latest SoftReset.CEVO

LyleKami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I heard that there was a more recent SoftReset.CEVO after 1.2 somewhere on the official forums but they seem to be down at the moment so I can't download it.
Anyone have it and can upload it for me please?

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
JUST update to firmware > 1.4 Latest v1.54 do not try oldies like http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/?m...amp;fileid=1325 since it is really outdated ! Same for http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2257

From various beta tests i've got some reset issues with old - not to say outdated - reset.mse floating on some forums here and there ( ...GBAtemp ) (I discover at least three different versions of reset v 1.2 nor 1.1 ! Some are simply outdated especially for SDHC cards) You must erase them !

After installing Firmware version 1.4 (final) or recent 1.54 you can clean things by erasing ( from tools like Dsorganize or from your computer ) old file reset.mse in folder cycloDS and reboot.

The clean up-to-date reset.mse file will be there automatically at next reboot ( it looks like the firmware is only pasting reset.mse if no file is already there... and it will not erase any bogus file with the same name )

Quote:
( TC from beta 1 release ) it will be done automatically with the final release. Once you have done this,
you can reset out of most homebrew by pressing "A+B+X+Y+L+R"
simultaneously.

You can now verify your new reset is working fine even in DSOrganize by pressing L+R+XYAB on welcome screen ( In DSO press start one time or twice to move to this info screen ... i recommended elsewhere to leave DSO from this screen only for safety reasons )

You can now also copy and rename the reset file to your root folder for GBA_ExpLoader : SoftReset.CEVO ( case sensitive )

You can also update manually the Moonshell reset file in PLUGIN subfolder.. tested working ( reboot needed )

According to TC there is no need to manually delete the old file with recent firmwares... except perhaps if read protect is on ...

bRKcRE

Trophies
XP
Country
jesterscourt said:
I wish Team Cyclops would pay their hosting fees for their forum.

that is true..one would like to think that they can afford it given the pricing of the CycloDS Evo..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Wholesome, welcome