Tutorial  Updated

Latest Sd setup for moving from sxos to atmosphere

Hello to everyone!

Have see some people getting in troubles when trying to boot hekate and atmosphere with Sx pro or SxGear.
Just made a little python script to create basic sdCard layout,all you need to do is run this script who will grab latest release for hekate,atmosphere,sigpatches and fusee-primary.
For Sxos users it will add a boot.dat and boot.ini file to boot directly on hekate when you power up the console.
You can use too for fast having a clean microSdCard ready to boot atmosphere.

What You Need :
  • MicroSdCard ( ExFat or Fat32) if you plan to use an emunand, >=64Gb is better.
  • Pc with python3(install wget,shutil and zipfile modules).
  • Internet Connection

Pc Side:

Download the zip file here.
Create a folder on your pc and extract the zip inside.
Launch the script,a folder called SD will be created.
kgXptrp.png

6N1DCbg.png

Non SxOs users only :
remove boot.dat and boot.ini inside SD/ folder.

Copy all contents from SD folder to the root of your microSdCard.
You can eject your card and plug into the switch.

See on picture,left side is regular users and right side is sxos users sdcard layout.
0GmDlew

0GmDlew.png

Switch Side:

Sx users just have to power up their consoles like they do usually.
For Others just use your favourite method to inject hekate payload.
You will now boot into hekate and be prompted to enter a date for nyx, set it up and save.

2Temeq0.jpg

Create/manage Emunand(Optional but strongly recomended) :

Emunand will create a partition on your microSdCard,in fact Emunand act like a copy of your current console system.Hekate will let you choose the way to boot on your switch.
Making an Emunand add safety because if you have a trouble with system original files will be preserved and just screw up sdCard partition.
You can have multi Emunand partitions,import or export them but we will see that later,for now we just make one.
Go to emuMMC from hekate home menu and choose create emuMMC,you will be prompted to choose between SD FILE or SD PARTITION,in this example i use SD PARTITION on a 128Gib microSdCard.
(SD FILE covered later).
Press continue,you will be redirected to the sd partitionning tool.
uU30Hdw.jpeg

915pCg2.jpg

Once you press OK,you can change partition layout,for emuMMC we have to choose a size with the red bar.In this example i will made an emunand of 29Gib(minimum size) depends on your microSdCard capacity you can have larger value(always x*29Gib).
zDTgujg.jpeg

Press Next Step for start partitioning and wait for finish.
relaunch create emuMMC and this time it will ask you on wich partition emuMMC will be created.

This thing is still a wip,i will add latest release detection in the script and some options to create/manage different boot.For now you can use it comes with :
  • hekate 5.5.3
  • atmosphere 0.17.1
  • fusee-primary 0.17.0
  • sigpatches for fusee
  • awoo-Installer
Any return will be great ...
Tested on linux but i think it can be run on Windows or Mac.

Great thanks @wurstpistole for his guide i use to create the script.

Attachments

• v2.zip
    970 bytes · Views: 751
Last edited by RideOnTheStorm,

RideOnTheStorm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
With this, no need to flash SPACECRAFT-NX on the chip ?

And, the script give me nothing, open and close directly :(
no need to use spacecraft-nx just boot in atmosphere or sxos via hekate.
open a cmd in the folder where the script is and just enter "python3 v2.py"

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yep it really is that simple! Thanks for the tutorial, I made the switch from SXOS to atmos a couple of weeks ago and haven’t looked back since, should be helpful to a lot of people :)

Reactions: LeyendaV

Kluiv3rt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
look at updated thread!

R1 : by using original boot.dat as a payload(not yet tested but search on it)

R2 : custom boot.dat don'tload the firmware inside the chip like original boot.dat does.
custom boot.dat just say to sx chip to execute payload.bin(whois hekate).

Q3: I'm adding emunand and hekate setup on the thread!

Q3 - When I have updated to 11.0.0?

What can I do when i have black screen after Update (sxos boot.dat is not supporting Version 11.0.0).

doublespaces

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there another source for the SX_Gear_v1.1.zip file?

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "v2.py", line 66, in <module>
    urllib._urlopener.retrieve("https://sx.xecuter.com/download/SX_Gear_v1.1.zip","boot.zip")
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/urllib/request.py", line 1850, in retrieve
    block = fp.read(bs)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/tempfile.py", line 485, in func_wrapper
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
ValueError: read of closed file

konq3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Under windows 10, after doing the script, my SD folder is missing the boot files and I'm getting an empty "boot.zip" instead.

YUIFpza.png

RideOnTheStorm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Q3 - When I have updated to 11.0.0?

What can I do when i have black screen after Update (sxos boot.dat is not supporting Version 11.0.0).

the boot.dat with this script can boot atmos with 11.0.x

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Code:
    urllib._urlopener.retrieve("https://sx.xecuter.com/download/SX_Gear_v1.1.zip","boot.zip")
    block = fp.read(bs)

I just try it now and doesn't have any provlems with sxgear.zip,maybe this could come for you internet connection or dns stuff.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Under windows 10, after doing the script, my SD folder is missing the boot files and I'm getting an empty "boot.zip" instead.

YUIFpza.png

same as above, i just try and got all the files.Can you post some errors lines if you have any during process please?

warhawk_la

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where do you copy the boot.dat file into ? I got a blank screen issue too. Copied it to the root of SD as per your script but no succcess.

KaizoKage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so Im new to everything and I got a few question.

1. Can I still open sxos? (I should have backedup my save files cause I thought everything will just get transfered to atmos)
2. "No main boot entries found" .... so I still have to install atmos?

RideOnTheStorm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
so Im new to everything and I got a few question.

1. Can I still open sxos? (I should have backedup my save files cause I thought everything will just get transfered to atmos)
2. "No main boot entries found" .... so I still have to install atmos?

1 . yes,you can boot with latest sxos(3.1.0)
2. No,use sxloader in hekate payloads do what you need is just boot.dat and bootlader folder on your SD (Hekate is essantial for that but no atmosphere).

Reactions: KaizoKage

KaizoKage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1 . yes,you can boot with latest sxos(3.1.0)
2. No,use sxloader in hekate payloads do what you need is just boot.dat and bootlader folder on your SD (Hekate is essantial for that but no atmosphere).

Thank you! I figured it out and it worked! good thing I got a backup of my license.dat xD

just two last things.
1.) Im planning to buy a 128gb sd card since I got emuMMC now (which I never used in the past and my FW is now at 10.0.1) What should I do? do the same process in the guide, right?

2.) Should I just download the latest atmosphere and put it all in the emuMMC partition then use a payload to boot to it? I want to update to 11.x.x cause MHR update has problems pre 11.x.x (as I have heard)

RideOnTheStorm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you! I figured it out and it worked! good thing I got a backup of my license.dat xD

just two last things.
1.) Im planning to buy a 128gb sd card since I got emuMMC now (which I never used in the past and my FW is now at 10.0.1) What should I do? do the same process in the guide, right?

2.) Should I just download the latest atmosphere and put it all in the emuMMC partition then use a payload to boot to it? I want to update to 11.x.x cause MHR update has problems pre 11.x.x (as I have heard)

so get latest firmware (11.0.0 better if you plan to use sxos)
boot on sysnand with a cfw(prefer atmos for myself)
apply update with choixdujournx
reboot to payload --> hekate
launch payload for sxos booting(hold +Volume to have menu for create emunand)
create your emunand.
so reboot with hekate you can choose between sx or atmos (both on emummc or sysnad like you want)

have a look here
https://gbatemp.net/threads/hack-sxos.582831/
you can have full sxos in latest version cause older won't work on 11.0.x

Reactions: KaizoKage

shinwg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t understand how to keep both on the same sd card. I have sx ox mod chip mariko how to dual boots cause I can only boot to hekate and atmosphere. Also thanks g for your hard work

Cabuzzi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, great script. For the Windows 10 users out here, simply install python3 (the version from the Microsoft Store works fine), then run the following two commands in your command prompt:

python3 -m pip install wget
python3 -m pip install --upgrade pip

From that point on, you should have no problem running OP's script (make sure you note the folder you are in from the command prompt, as if you open elevated, the script will create the SD folder in the C:\Windows\System32 folder).

I'm still trying to figure out where the F to go from here. For now, I'm suing SD UMS to copy everything from my SD card over (all 300GB of it... sigh).

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Code:

https://web.archive.org/web/20210128050535/https://sx.xecuter.com/download/SX_Gear_v1.1.zip

block = fp.read(bs)

If you get stuck on this part, just remember that old URLs can be discovered using https://archive.org/.
The 28th of January 2021 was a double good day.

Ockingshay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First off, great script. For the Windows 10 users out here, simply install python3 (the version from the Microsoft Store works fine), then run the following two commands in your command prompt:

python3 -m pip install wget
python3 -m pip install --upgrade pip

From that point on, you should have no problem running OP's script (make sure you note the folder you are in from the command prompt, as if you open elevated, the script will create the SD folder in the C:\Windows\System32 folder).

I'm still trying to figure out where the F to go from here. For now, I'm suing SD UMS to copy everything from my SD card over (all 300GB of it... sigh).

when i run the script i get everything apart from the boot files. I have tried to run it a couple of times and they never get created.

the SD folder contains the following:

atmosphere (folder)
bootloader (folder)
sept (folder)
switch (folder)
hbmenu.nro
payload.bin

If boot.dat and boot.ini are standard, static files can someone please just link them for me?

thanks

Last edited by Ockingshay,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo