Status
Not open for further replies.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very nice! Congrats!

But do you have Lakka, Android, L4T and Retroarch?
I actually managed to get Android,L4t and Atmosphere running on the same SD. I could get SXOS in there too except with the SXOS partition I had to go file bassed and that is not a viable solution for the long term. Maybe i will take another crack at having a correct hidden partition setup for Switchroot,L4t,SXOS and Atmo.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perfect! Thank you for linking my tutorial, SuperXCI with a shrunken EmuNAND is the way to go. Did you guys set up tesla and FastCFWswitch? I love that setup.
Thanks for taking the time to put it together. Even if it’s not for everyone, it’s great to have options! At the end of the day it’s costing me 8G of disk space on my SDCard for the convenience of having fully swappable libraries for my family. It works for my use case.

Looks like I could have shrunk it even more but oh well. Not gonna quibble about 3G on a 400G card. I have a reference setup for Hekate .ini files and a FastCFWSwitch config that work really well together. Agreed. Absolutely love it.
I actually managed to get Android,L4t and Atmosphere running on the same SD. I could get SXOS in there too except with the SXOS partition I had to go file bassed and that is not a viable solution for the long term. Maybe i will take another crack at having a correct hidden partition setup for Switchroot,L4t,SXOS and Atmo.
Yep, I had to go files myself but figured since I’m just mounting SuperXCIs I wasn’t going to write to disk that much anyway. Besides, I do a full SDCard image backup and rotate to another SDCard every 2 weeks or so in order to make sure I only lose 2 weeks worth of work at most.

I spent a VERY long time trying to get a Hybrid partition to share with a hidden SXOS partition but their required overlap in the first couple of K made it impossible as far as I could tell. If you get it working…I’m going to be hella embarrassed.

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What benefit does it yield? USB STORAGE WITH XCI MOUNTING. There is no reason not to use both CFW. SXOS can mount XCI on an external HDD. Over 3000 compatible games. SX can give you access to Terabytes at the cost of a small EmuNAND. Well worth it.
Once more you shill have to propagate SXOS and not understanding the context, all you see is people not liking SXOS in every word that slightly disagrees with it being the alleged superior CFW, you are really creepy.

Nobody disagrees with the idea itself, but what benefit does it REALLY yield? Especially if OP wanted to have both CFWs - completely pointless, just settle for one and ditch the other and if you intend to use Atmosphere, you probably have a reason to do so (games that require new FW, updated homebrews, etc).
Read it again and stop being entitled. I refered to the benefit over already deciding to want to use another CFW alongside, when you can settle for either. God beware someone talking about benefits of Atmosphere smh.

Then why leave your comfy cave under the bridge and come to this thread in the first place??
Back to you pal.

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Having massive cheap storage is no use? Well to each their own I suppose. Then why leave your comfy cave under the bridge and come to this thread in the first place?? Hmmmm... USB hot swap-able storage is great. It works with any USB device, SD readers, SSDs,Flash drives ETC ETC. Super convenient and useful. an 8yo child has no issues understanding that they can have their own drive, With their own EmuNAND. My Save files and progreass stays safe on my EmuNAND and the kids have theirs. SUPER useful. I can try games without installs. It really is great.

Having cheap massive storage is no use to me personally. I have a 256Gb sd, it cost me £30 and it is enough space to store the games that I'm currently playing.

I read all sorts of threads here, not just ones that I know are going to be of use to me. Just because something is of no use to me personally doesn't mean I don't want to know about it. Also I quite often find a comment that mentions a potential upside I hadn't even thought of. The comment I quoted in this thread being the perfect example.

Reactions: mikefor20
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: