Oracle84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

I'm trying to setup both SXOS and Atmosphere on 1 SD card, but I'm struggling with downgrading to firmware 11.0.0.
Is there someone who can write or give a tutorial that starts totally from scratch (so unpatched Erista Switch on latest firmware).

I want to dual boot (with hekate) Sxos and Atmosphere on 1 SD card. Why Sxos? Simple: external HD support.

Thanks a lot!

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I'm trying to setup both SXOS and Atmosphere on 1 SD card, but I'm struggling with downgrading to firmware 11.0.0.
Is there someone who can write or give a tutorial that starts totally from scratch (so unpatched Erista Switch on latest firmware).

I want to dual boot (with hekate) Sxos and Atmosphere on 1 SD card. Why Sxos? Simple: external HD support.

Thanks a lot!

Why such a hassle with sx os? Use atmosphere and have fun with it.

He says right there for "external HD support"

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
He says right there for "external HD support"
External HDDs can be used with Atmosphere to install backups from, just not for mounting.
So, if you are going with Atmosphere as second emuNAND to install games to, it's pointless using SXOS in the first place to mount.

but I'm struggling with downgrading to firmware 11.0.0.
Sorry but you are out of luck, fuses are burnt on upgrade and as far as I know SXOS will refuse to boot.
This https://rentry.org/UpgradeDowngrade however can be used to downgrade an Atmosphere emuNAND if you whysoever want to after following this https://rentry.org/EristaEmuNAND .

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Thanks a lot!
This is not a tutorial nor are your providing a hack so your post should not be flagged as such. New users will come here for guidance only to find your questions. Please remove the navigation flags from this thread.

As luck would have it there is already a flagged tutorial that covers this very topic.
You can find it here (appropriately flagged as a tutorial):

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...en-partitions-on-the-same-sd-tutorial.601607/

Oracle84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is not a tutorial nor are your providing a hack so your post should not be flagged as such. New users will come here for guidance only to find your questions. Please remove the navigation flags from this thread.

As luck would have it there is already a flagged tutorial that covers this very topic.
You can find it here (appropriately flagged as a tutorial):

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...en-partitions-on-the-same-sd-tutorial.601607/
I'm sorry, but I have no idea how to remove the navigation flags. Edit only lets me change the post itself, not the flags. Any idea how to remove them?

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but I have no idea how to remove the navigation flags. Edit only lets me change the post itself, not the flags. Any idea how to remove them?
Might not be able to. Don’t worry about it.

Did the SXOS/Atmos dual boot tutorial work For you? I use a similar technique on my own Switch.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
External HDDs can be used with Atmosphere to install backups from, just not for mounting.
So, if you are going with Atmosphere as second emuNAND to install games to, it's pointless using SXOS in the first place to mount.

Sorry but you are out of luck, fuses are burnt on upgrade and as far as I know SXOS will refuse to boot.
This https://rentry.org/UpgradeDowngrade however can be used to downgrade an Atmosphere emuNAND if you whysoever want to after following this https://rentry.org/EristaEmuNAND .
"Just not for mounting" which is ABSOLUTELY HUGE

• Haha
Reactions: HalfScoper

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The fuses are irrelevant because every cfw doesn't care about the fuse counter. A downgraded emummc should still work. No matter whether you downgraded or not. Correct me if i'm wrong.
I said "as far as I know", because when I switched to Atmosphere I first had two SD cards, on the other one SXOS.
After I updated my stock FW the emuNAND with SXOS didn't launch anymore , so I assumed it's related to the burnt fuses (and OP says he has an unpatched unit on latest FW but doesn't mention already using CFW).
But then again I already used Atmosphere and had no issues getting rid off that outdated CFW, mounting isn't even near worth the rest you can do on Atmosphere and latest FW.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Thanks a lot!
its easy, just have your atmos files and sx os boot.dat, but never update your console officially, always use daybreak to prevent fusee burn or else sxos wont boot.

tho it is pointless, from a previous sxos user xci and hdd support isnt a dealbreaker anymore when you can install directly to the console.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its easy, just have your atmos files and sx os boot.dat, but never update your console officially, always use daybreak to prevent fusee burn or else sxos wont boot.

tho it is pointless, from a previous sxos user xci and hdd support isnt a dealbreaker anymore when you can install directly to the console.

I hear you man and you’re right. Part of it is just a flex though, if I’m being honest.

I started out on Atmosphere and love it but went “retro” with SXOS when the @Reacher17 hack came out just to see what all the fuss was about and fell in love with XCI mounting. I have a disk for each family member with all their favorite games so it’s easy to swap out an entire library. I also run some older homebrew that hasn’t been updated but that’s just a curiosity and not a necessity.

That said I personally spend 99% of my time on Atmosphere playing latest and greatest and troubleshooting with others. I’m certainly not an SXOS fanboi. It’s just fun to have options.

• Love
Reactions: User154

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have it too in my banned switch.

5GB sxos emunand in the mmc (the first kind of emunand in sxos) and sysmmc with atmosphere...

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have it too in my banned switch.

5GB sxos emunand in the mmc (the first kind of emunand in sxos) and sysmmc with atmosphere...
Nice. I trimmed mine down to 8G since everything Is mounted.

Wasted space was the only real downside and shrinking it by 75% all but eliminated that concern.

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a disk for each family member with all their favorite games so it’s easy to swap out an entire library.

I couldn't think of a single reason that being able to to mount *.XCIs on an external drive would be of any real use to me personally, but I love this idea!

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I couldn't think of a single reason that being able to to mount *.XCIs on an external drive would be of any real use to me personally, but I love this idea!

You literally hit the nail on the head.
Nobody disagrees with the idea itself, but what benefit does it REALLY yield? Especially if OP wanted to have both CFWs - completely pointless, just settle for one and ditch the other and if you intend to use Atmosphere, you probably have a reason to do so (games that require new FW, updated homebrews, etc).

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice. I trimmed mine down to 8G since everything Is mounted.

Wasted space was the only real downside and shrinking it by 75% all but eliminated that concern.
Perfect! Thank you for linking my tutorial, SuperXCI with a shrunken EmuNAND is the way to go. Did you guys set up tesla and FastCFWswitch? I love that setup.
Having massive cheap storage is no use? Well to each their own I suppose. Then why leave your comfy cave under the bridge and come to this thread in the first place?? Hmmmm... USB hot swap-able storage is great. It works with any USB device, SD readers, SSDs,Flash drives ETC ETC. Super convenient and useful. an 8yo child has no issues understanding that they can have their own drive, With their own EmuNAND. My Save files and progreass stays safe on my EmuNAND and the kids have theirs. SUPER useful. I can try games without installs. It really is great.

You literally hit the nail on the head.
Nobody disagrees with the idea itself, but what benefit does it REALLY yield? Especially if OP wanted to have both CFWs - completely pointless, just settle for one and ditch the other and if you intend to use Atmosphere, you probably have a reason to do so (games that require new FW, updated homebrews, etc).

What benefit does it yield? USB STORAGE WITH XCI MOUNTING. There is no reason not to use both CFW. SXOS can mount XCI on an external HDD. Over 3000 compatible games. SX can give you access to Terabytes at the cost of a small EmuNAND. Well worth it.

Why are you in yet another pro SX thread talking crap Halfscooper? Get a new hobby please. I thought you were warned already about that.

Why such a hassle with sx os? Use atmosphere and have fun with it.

It's easy to have both. Why hassle with writing garbage posts in every thread like this? You know we want our USB drives and XCI mounting. Dont you get tired of being wrong and trolling people all the time?

Last edited by mikefor20,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.