Homebrew RELEASE Lakka.tv - turn your Switch into a RetroArch powered retrogaming console - includes PSX, N64 and PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

klousious

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
They are not even comparable. Lakka is Linux while sx os is a modded switch os. Lakka can only play emulators while sx os can play backups and Homebrew. You can run the retro nx Homebrew through sx os though. Retro nx supports docked and sound but does not support ds, n64, psp and GameCube.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah you shouldn't be banned since it runs Linux instead of horizon.

Thanks!, is it possible to use either sx os and lakka on the same console, not at the same time of course but maybe by turns? Like using a microSD for lakka which can be removed in order to start again or boot with SX OS?? It would be great to be able to take the most out of both “systems”.

Nevercholt

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Super Mario Sunshine running on the Dolphin core:

And Super Smash Bros Melee (which crashed quickly):

Here's the last for today:
Pokemon Black running on both DeSmuME versions:

Last edited by Nevercholt,

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!, is it possible to use either sx os and lakka on the same console, not at the same time of course but maybe by turns? Like using a microSD for lakka which can be removed in order to start again or boot with SX OS?? It would be great to be able to take the most out of both “systems”.
Yes it's entirely possible. the way I currently do it(though no SX OS) is that I have two separate microSD cards(don't want to deal with fat32 on my main sd card) and whenever you want to run lakka, turn off your switch, pop the lakka SD card in, run the payload. if you want to run SX OS/ReiNX/Hekate/Stock Horizon, just pop that SD card in and run the proper payload.

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Verax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having trouble booting Lakka, I have followed the guide but I am getting stuck on TImeout waiting for hardware interrupt on the linux booting screen

jedifacekik2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New nightly build !

What's new :
  • The default CPU clock is now 1020MHz (versus 1.9Ghz before) to prevent damaging the thermal components of the console, as they were not made to handle such high CPU speeds.
  • You can now overclock the CPU using a new menu also added on this update. There are 5 profiles, including the 1.9GHz one.
Link : https://natinusala.cheats-inc.org/natinusala/lakka-switch/releases/nightlies/Lakka_nightly.tar
dude i love the work youre doing, keep it up!

Shaqattack101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey! Is the dolphin core already integrated into the build? I did not read every page but some guys are already posting videos with the core.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally nailed down my issue with Wifi, and it might be related to one of my complaints (that there is no setting or information page in Lakka that shows your Wifi MAC address). Lakka WILL NOT connect to a network with MAC filtering turned on. Anyone who has been beating their head against a wall with is, check your setup. If you use MAC filters, I bet you anything you will connect in a couple of seconds after you turn off the filter.

Finally got my wifi running, and it only took a minute or two to connect my BT headphones.
@natinusala now you have a target to look at. In the meantime, can you please add to the FAQ that MAC filtering needs to be turned off, until there is a fix? Thanks.

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well this is common sense. I assume that your router doesn't deny connections (which is what MAC filtering does).

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this is common sense. I assume that your router doesn't deny connections (which is what MAC filtering does).
Common sense? My Switch's MAC address is on my whitelist. I can connect just fine in horizon. The problem is with Lakka. It is either not capable of reading it's own MAC address, or it isn't using it in any kind of hand shake. Either way, it doesn't obey protocol and it is a bug. "Common sense" says if my switch is whitelisted, it should be able to connect. Farther than that, if it connects in horizon, it should be able to connect in Lakka. If you don't uderstand this then don't even use the phrase "common sense", because you clearly lack a bit.

MY issue is solved (other than I would like to NOT have to lower my security to use Lakka, which I technically don't because I only needed to get bluetooth connected, and I've done that). I only took the time to verify where the bug is and report on it here because I am not the only one here or on Twitter who had wifi problems. Now whomever reads this will know. I've done my part.

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: TAUSENN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think