Homebrew RELEASE Lakka.tv - turn your Switch into a RetroArch powered retrogaming console - includes PSX, N64 and PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes

I already accepted it, waiting for the rest.. So has anyone tested dolphin with this new code? Or its not ready yet?

Enviado do meu Mi MIX 2 através do Tapatalk
Depends on if my CI runner finally runs through without a error and I pull the update, or nati gets a chance to upload his build, whatever comes first ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
maybe automated nightlies soon

LukeArts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have retroarch on horizon rn and I’m wondering if it’s worth it to switch to lakka

Thoughts?

TAUSENN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have retroarch on horizon rn and I’m wondering if it’s worth it to switch to lakka

Thoughts?
The sound issue is a big inconvenience but with it lakka basically works, and since it is independent from horizon, I would say choose the safest one (lakka) you wouldn't want to be banned for using homebrew.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Thoughts?
Whynotboth.jpg

On Topic: Blame me for FAT32 lakka, I wanted to be able to use my ROM's in both :P
@natinusala and me, both want to bring you the best UX

Last edited by m4xw,

Deathbot64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Thoughts?
Personally I love Lakka and it fits my situation perfectly. But I dont play on using cfw with horizon or really run much other homebrew. I wanna keep my switch on the latest firmware for online play and get the newer games and support developers (not because i dont believe in piracy, I have modded every system I have ever owned for games, I just want developers to see that the switch has a great player base worth putting the time to make games for it) well keeping emulation as an option. Lakka will never be patched out since its entry point is on the hardware level. Later updates on the switch could block the homebrew entry point on the software level which might take some time to get another entry point then the homebrew will need to be updated for that firmware. So for me Lakka is the perfect option (running 3 different micro sd cards, two 128gb for switch games (i have 66 switch titles 65 of which are digital) and a 16gb for Lakka which I will upgrade in the future). But it really depends on what you plan to do with your switch. This is just 100% how I feel and I understand why other might not feel this way but Lakka is great and is really only getting better as time goes on.

Reactions: veggietales4ever

FireBlades

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thoughts?

No sound, dolphin emulator doesn't run at full speed, and the chance that the rcm method wont work.
I'd say its not worth it, wait for there to be sound and for a full cfw to be able to launch it without rcm

LukeArts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it actually possible to have both retroarch on Horizon and lakka on the same SD card? Cause if so I will totally do both (after the sound gets fixed ofc) :0

I mainly only use homebrew for the emulation aspect so I won’t be doing piracy

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Is it actually possible to have both retroarch on Horizon and lakka on the same SD card? Cause if so I will totally do both (after the sound gets fixed ofc) :0

I mainly only use homebrew for the emulation aspect so I won’t be doing piracy
Yes, if your card is formatted to FAT32. SexFAT won't work

FireBlades

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is it safe to use or is it extremely dangerous for your Switch? If there is a 90% chance it won't do any harm I'm willing to use it, any lower and I'll pass.
I used it on my switch and there aren't many dangerous consequenses. There is a chance of burn in but the switch turns itself off because of the switch going to sleep, which actually leads to you having to hold the power button for 12 seconds and do the exploit again. Otherwise theres no consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on