Kotaku announces new episodes of Game Center CX!

Goli

RPG
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
vP56m.png
QUOTE said:
Kotaku Exclusively Brings Japanese Cult Hit Retro Game Master to the United States
NEW YORK – Gawker Media's influential gaming website Kotaku will be the first media outlet in the United States to air a U.S. version of Japan's wildly successful cult television hit Retro Game Master.
The show, known in Japan as Game Center CX, features comedian Shinya Arino playing Japan's most popular video games – a perfect fit for Kotaku. Kotaku, in partnership with RGM, will feature new episodes made for United States viewers weekly starting in June.

Peter Block's A Bigger Boat helped secure the rights for RGM from Yuko Shiomaki's pictures department. Yuko Shiomaki's pictures department acted as international representative on behalf of rights holder Fuji Television, Japanese international sales agent STYLEJAM, and Producer Tsuyoshi Kan of Gascoin.

Says Block "Watching RGM is addictive...I knew we had something special when we couldn't stop watching our first episodes, and when people would stop for a quick peek and stay for 30 minutes. It's Iron Chef for the Gamers."

Eric Spiegelman of Jetpack Media brokered the deal between Gawker Media and A Bigger Boat.

Retro Game Master will be featured exclusively on Kotaku every Thursday night, posting at 8pm EST, starting June 23, 2011.

About Kotaku
Kotaku is the definitive digital hub for video game news, reviews, cheats, design, and entertainment. It tracks the genre's spreading popularity from hardcore obsession to casual gaming in pop culture and social media. Read by both developers and the players who idolize them, Kotaku is the lifestyle bible for millions of button-pushers and console fiends.

About Retro Game Master
Now in its 15th Season, Retro Game Master is a reality television show unlike any other that taps into the mega world of classic gaming. The show, known in Japan as Game Center CX, features comedian Shinya Arino playing Japan's most popular classic games – a perfect fit for Kotaku. In each episode, the Game Master plays a classic video game that audiences remember playing, but few could master. The Game Master does not stop playing until the game is won.

About A Bigger Boat
A Bigger Boat is the motion picture production and distribution company formed by Peter Block in 2008. Their recent productions include John Carpenter's THE WARD, SAW 3-D (the 7th installment of the storied franchise), and FROZEN, an official selection of the 2010 Sundance Film Festival. A Bigger Boat is currently in post-production on HOUSE AT THE END OF THE STREET. They also acquired the rights to Roger Smith's thriller MIXED BLOOD, which he will produce with GreeneStreet Films and Sidney Kimmel Entertainment. Peter Block is also the President & General Manager of the television network FEARnet.
icon11.gif
Source
Okay, generally I think Kotaku is like the crappiest gaming site ever since all they really do is copy-paste stuff from other gaming sites that actually do something and then post it, however, I think they're amazing for doing this.
Also just so you know, no, I didn't go to Kotaku and saw this, I saw it somewhere else and then went to Kotaku.

Annieone23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whats up with all the kotaku hate? i actually enjoy it, and other Gawker media sites. I dont argue that they are rarely the first to know, but they always do know, and present it in a nice shiny format.

also their exclusive stories and interviews, though not way too prevalent, are worth it alone imo.

hova1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
these are not "new episodes". They are just the japanese episodes dubbed with horrible voice overs.
And they are probably the first season which has been subbed by TV-Nihon already anyway.
I shouldn't complain though because hopefully this increases the chance of us getting RGC2

Goli

RPG
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
hova1 said:
these are not "new episodes". They are just the japanese episodes dubbed with horrible voice overs.
And they are probably the first season which has been subbed by TV-Nihon already anyway.
I shouldn't complain though because hopefully this increases the chance of us getting RGC2
"new episodes made for United States viewers weekly starting in June"
*shrugs*

hova1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Goli said:
"new episodes made for United States viewers weekly starting in June"
*shrugs*
QUOTEGawker Media has bought the rights to the first 12 episodes of the show, which have been dubbed in English, and has the ability to show more if it goes well, says Kotaku editor Joel Johnson.
http://allthingsd.com/20110615/gawker-gets...ow-tv-business/
i shrug at you good sir

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: Good morning!