Homebrew Question [Kosmos/Atmosphere] Unknown pkg1 version (Crash after installing a .nsp update)

geeleonidas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi everyone, I'm new to the switch hacking scenario and I bought an ipatched switch (which I managed to exploit using PegaScape). I've created an emunand and updated it to 8.1.0 using ChoiDujourNX (without AutoRCM enabled obviously).
I've played Zelda flawlessly, but then I tried to install Kirby and atmosphere broke. Every time that I launched it, hekate showed up after a few seconds. I managed to see the error message after a few tries, it was something like "Unknown pkg1 version. Failed to launch firmware."

The crash happened when I was installing some update to Kirby. Kosmos was updated by the time it happened, now I even downgraded the firmware to 7.0.1 to see if it is a compatibility issue (using a new emunand, after noticing that the issue was only related to the nand).

Any guesses on what happened?

Last edited by geeleonidas,

geeleonidas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think I figured it out.
I was using NS-USBLoader by the time the crash happened (cries in Linux), so now I booted Windows and tried to use Goldtree. After installing Overcooked, Goldtree simply refused to cooperate, then I installed NS-USBLoader again (the W10 alternative).
I've installed Mario Kart without any issues, but when I was finishing installing Smash the system entered Power Mode (I didn't notice by the time it happened obviously) and crashed Atmosphere (tbh I don't know what came first, but both certainly happened).

I will try to install games via Tinfoil now and, if the problem persists, I will update this thread to help someone having this same issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, I'm sorry for your loss. Rest in piece. 🙏 +1