Hacking RELEASE Kosmos - A Hekate CFW-package

tomGER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@tomGER Sorry tired, will try and explain i downloaded the sdfiles 2.6 release yesterday copied across replacing as needed, went to boot up into rcm mode using hekate_ctcaer_2.3.bin selected to boot cfw and it crashed with a wall of unreadable i text, wish i had a photo, tried several times only to get same thing happen, im on horizon 3.0.0, ive nothing speacial or extra installed or configured, i did panic as you can tell
Haven't heard that yet, interesting ... Have you tried v3 yet?

No, as I mentioned, specifically using FAT on an 8gb sdcard (to avoid exfat issues).
Use guiformat on Windows to format it as FAT32 with an Allocation Unit Size of 32K (32768) and then try putting v3 on it

cre8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
using the switch or windows?

Steven89, I'm assuming you meant me ..... I used guiformat to format the 8gb sdcard to fat32 and allocation unit of 32k. Copied the Hekate-SDFilesV3.zip files to the root of the sdcard. Booted the switch into RCM. Used TegraRcmGUI v2.0 to load CFM via the hekate_ctcaer_2.3.bin payload.

The horizon menu comes up, but empty. I'm on firmware v4.1.0.

tomGER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
using the switch or windows?
Use guiformat on Windows to format it as FAT32 with an Allocation Unit Size of 32K (32768) and then try putting v3 on it (or use exFAT and https://gbatemp.net/threads/newest-hekate-sdfiles-zip.506280/page-3#post-8029346)

Thanks! I tried that and got the same result. It booted into a completely empty menu.
Booted into an empty hekate menu or switch menu? - I don't get what you mean with empty horizon menu, how does it look?

In v3 is layeredfs last recent commit? (Fixed Crash)
Working on it, was released shortly after I pushed v3

cre8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Booted into an empty hekate menu or switch menu? - I don't get what you mean with empty horizon menu, how does it look?

Booted into hekate fine. Went from there to Launch Firmware -> CFW

That patches two things and then proceeds to boot. Boots into empty switch menu. Am I missing something?

tomGER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Booted into hekate fine. Went from there to Launch Firmware -> CFW

That patches two things and then proceeds to boot. Boots into empty switch menu. Am I missing something?
Oh so it black screens? What firmware are you on?

tomGER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Firmware 4.1.0. It does black screen, but then loads the switch menu nearly immediately afterwards. Please excuse me, I'm new to modifying the switch.
Well, sounds like everything is okay when the switch menu loads ._. I think that black screen is normal

steven89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@tomGER ive not formatted yet, but i have just tested newest release of switch blade using switchblade.bin and while i can confirm everything boots normally through rcm mode once loaded album does not take me to hbl, i getting the feeling formatting is going to be need :( was really hoping to avoid that sorry about confusion @cre8

tomGER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@tomGER ive not formatted yet, but i have just tested newest release of switch blade using switchblade.bin and while i can confirm everything boots normally through rcm mode once loaded album does not take me to hbl, i getting the feeling formatting is going to be need :( was really hoping to avoid that sorry about confusion @cre8
You case is actually the first of its kind I have heard of. Hope formatting actually does anything ._.

Last edited by tomGER,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice