lilboymonkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820134215

Kingston 1GB MicroSD for $8.99 + $4.99 3 day shipping.
tongue.gif

Hooray!

Bicster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a Kingston 1GB MicroSD from Newegg yesterday; It's the Taiwan version.

Geeks.com has Japanese Toshiba 1GB MicroSD cards for sale for around $20

D

dude

Try calling Kingston to have them exchanged for the Japanese cards (if you get a helpful customer service technician, he will do it). I was able to RMA my two Taiwan cards I purchased from newegg. I told Kingston that the card made in Japan formats to 982 MB and that the Taiwan card only formats to 952 MB (plus the access time is slower on the Taiwan card using compatible devices). Kingston sent me two brand new cards (SD-C01G assembled in Japan) - plus they pay for shipping both ways (and with the advance shipping option, they send the new card before you even have to return the old one).

dude

minger

Trophies
XP
Country
Try calling Kingston to have them exchanged for the Japanese cards (if you get a helpful customer service technician, he will do it). I was able to RMA my two Taiwan cards I purchased from newegg. I told Kingston that the card made in Japan formats to 982 MB and that the Taiwan card only formats to 952 MB (plus the access time is slower on the Taiwan card using compatible devices). Kingston sent me two brand new cards (SD-C01G assembled in Japan) - plus they pay for shipping both ways (and with the advance shipping option, they send the new card before you even have to return the old one).Â

dude

I went through the RMA and recieved two more Taiwanese cards...so I'm not sure which to send back, lol.

D

dude

Did you go through the online RMA process or call them directly?? I called them directly (warranty returns department, which transfers you to a technician to explain your problem). I verified that they were sending the Japanese version (the technician actually spent several minutes looking for the right one). Kingston shipped quickly, and I shipped back the old ones using a pre-paid FedEx package..

dude

mflo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
argggghhh, I can't find any Toshiba MicroSDs anywhere!!!! If I can't get a Kingston Japan then I'll get a Toshiba, Since they're the same.

xalphax

Internet killed the Ponystar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
man, im jealous

you us residents get memory for next to nothing

here in europe they cost a lil fortune

toshiba microsd 1gb for 40€ (53$!!)

also flashcards cost an arm and a leg

deduce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I ordered mine through Meritline with no complaints. I bought mine for $15 a week or so ago and was lucky enough to get a Japanese Kingston.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto