Kishiyama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi everyone.

First at all, forgive me for my english since it's not my first language.

I'm totally depress. This is a long story but, in short, I had an old 3DS working perfectly fine until one day it stopped to worked and a blue screen of death appeared.

I forgot abot the console for a time but another day, it turned on and I was able to play for a few hours. Later, once I tried to turn back on it had either the blue screen or just the black screen.

Reading and reading tons of threads and tutorials I figured out some likely solutions and I tried almost everything. But the brick is still here with me.

At first I changed the sd card (now it's a 64 GB Kingston microsd card with a SD adapter) but it didn't worked out.

Then I tried to make a CTRTransfer with a couple of methods that, of course, they didn't work either. I tried this one: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-godmode9-scripts-megathread.482150/page-9#post-8550543 and this one: https://3ds.hacks.guide/ctrtransfer.html

Here you have some images of the errors during the process:

When I try CTRTransfer (Type D9):

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

That's the last screen. After that I restart the N3DS and everything is the same.

Below are the screenshots if I try CTRTransfer (from Hacks-guide):

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

In the last one it says transfer succes but it is false. Everything is wrong.

Also, I tried this solution (https://gbatemp.net/threads/black-screen-at-the-start-of-the-3ds.543980/page-3#post-8763487) to solve another error message that appeared, but Godmode9 doesn't let me to rename files on the console.

So In resume I have a bunch of different problems and I can't even reinstall the firmware. I am desperate and I was wondering if any of you guys have been face with something like that and found out the way.

Thank you all.

Kishiyama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Before trying anything, you should backup the contents of your sdcard and test it with h2testw. https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/H2testw.shtml
If it gives any errors then the sdcard is faulty/or fake, and you should get another one.
Hi!

Thanks for replying me. I followed the instructions exactly step by step, so I already tested both cards with h2testw and everything was fine. Also I have different backups from different times just in case.

So I'm sure there is no problem with the SD.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you boot it up do you get some error or just black screen? And the blue screen is a brick IIRC.

Kishiyama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It's funny because I have four kinds of errors depends on the moment. Some times I get an error similar to this but the picture is not mine. (Actually I think that I kept the .dmp file somewhere)

Captura de pantalla 2021-11-04 045557.png

Other times I get a blue screen.

And right now it displays the screenshot below. I guess that there is not a CTRNAND because it couldn't complete the process to install the image. Although most of the times that I turn it on, it just shows a black screen.

photo_2021-11-04_04-49-45.jpg

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's funny because I have four kinds of errors depends on the moment. Some times I get an error similar to this but the picture is not mine.

View attachment 283077

Other times I get a blue screen.

And right now it displays the screenshot below. I guess that there is not a CTRNAND because it couldn't complete the process to install the image. Althougt most of the time it shows just a black screen.

View attachment 283078
The first error PM means the luma version needs to be updated. The blue screen is a brick, and we would need the exact error it shows. the 3rd is either a bad sd card or a bad sd card reader of the 3ds.

Last edited by lone_wolf323,
Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should put the Luma3DS files on the root of the sd card if they're not there. Also check if the sd card adapter is unlocked or not, or try with another, 'cause sometimes if it's faulty it'll be locked even if it's on the unlocked position.

Kishiyama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi again everyone. Thank you all for the help.

Sorry for the delay, I have been trying it with another cards.

I have tried almost everything and everything you said.

I'm pretty sure that there is no problem with the current card since it's brand new and I have formatted it for four times and checked it.

After all, I have this error message now when I start it:

IMG_20211112_213641.jpg

This is my SD card root:

01.jpg

By the way, anyone would have any idea why I'm unnable to do a CTRTransfer and why my 3DS outputs errors when I select "Transfer image to CTRNAND" in GodMode9?

Many many thanks!

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi again everyone. Thank you all for the help.

Sorry for the delay, I have been trying it with another cards.

I have tried almost everything and everything you said.

I'm pretty sure that there is no problem with the current card since it's brand new and I have formatted it for four times and checked it.

After all, I have this error message now when I start it:

View attachment 284465

This is my SD card root:

View attachment 284466

By the way, anyone would have any idea why I'm unnable to do a CTRTransfer and why my 3DS outputs errors when I select "Transfer image to CTRNAND" in GodMode9?

Many many thanks!
Hey, since you're using an old 3DS, is the sd card adapter in the unlocked position or locked? And i would suggest you trying with another one just in case. GodMode9 can't read/access the contents of the sd card and it shouldn't error out, and maybe that's the reason why.

Kishiyama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, I tried with another adapter and everything keeps wrong. I just got same messages, when I turn the console on it gets the same error as above: "exception occurred".

Still I can enter in GodMode9. I have been trying a bunch of SD combinations: microSD, SD, several adapters, lock/unlock positions and I got nothing :(

I even tried with no sdcard and it was able to enter in GodMode9 (I don't remember what I did when I installed the custom firmware) but I got same messages, I can't rename folders on CTRNAND ot do a CTRTransfer. And, of course, I can't turn on the console, my aim with this thread.

Thank you for your time anyway :)

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Kishiyama Can you boot into recovery mode (by holding A+R+L+Up(DPad) on boot ? You can re-downloading the Ctrtransfer image again as it could be corrupted,just to be sure, and delete the old one & put the new one on the sd card. It wouldn't hurt if you put new Luma3DS files as well.

Kishiyama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@Kishiyama Can you boot into recovery mode (by holding A+R+L+Up(DPad) on boot ? You can re-downloading the Ctrtransfer image again as it could be corrupted,just to be sure, and delete the old one & put the new one on the sd card. It wouldn't hurt if you put new Luma3DS files as well.
No, I can't boot into recovery mode. I get the same error as when I just turn it on. This:

IMG_20211112_213641.jpg

I tried everything you say and, as you can see, it's still wrong.

Besides, I just realized that if I turn it on without SD I get same error, if it helps.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Can you try getting the blue screen error and post the actual error code it displays?
It totally looks like a dying NAND chip, and there is nothing to do about it.

You could get some partial success by installing an EmuNand to the SD card, but you won't be able to get rid of the occasional blue screens.

Kishiyama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Can you try getting the blue screen error and post the actual error code it displays?
It totally looks like a dying NAND chip, and there is nothing to do about it.

You could get some partial success by installing an EmuNand to the SD card, but you won't be able to get rid of the occasional blue screens.
There has been a long time since I have got a blue screen but I remember that it started with bootrom: 8046.

Which method do you recommend to install an EmuNand on the SD?

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that's cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then...