Gaming Kid Icarus Uprising - Weapon modding

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyway it's just a power intended for more casual play, like for players who play much more than on 2.0
In here I thought it was there just to screw around. :D
I think it is to screw around XD
Meh, after that I'll make an interesting thread about KI:U's intensity.

Reactions: 1 person

ares9090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It just one, at the base it is a weak weapon and two, there are just better staffs and weapons than that.
Want to play wifi? My best staff against your somewhat staff?
Also, I have a laser staff that I really like. but it's got horrible melee (like, 6 stars ranged and zero stars melee, if i remember correctly).

And why do you need Melee in a Staff? they are designed to be snipers, all you need is 6 stars in Ranged, a good Charged Shot attribute and a status inducer like freeze or petrify

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It just one, at the base it is a weak weapon and two, there are just better staffs and weapons than that.
Want to play wifi? My best staff against your somewhat staff?
Also, I have a laser staff that I really like. but it's got horrible melee (like, 6 stars ranged and zero stars melee, if i remember correctly).

And why do you need Melee in a Staff? they are designed to be snipers, all you need is 6 stars in Ranged, a good Charged Shot attribute and a status inducer like freeze or petrify
Most of the people who take out Stave users are claw and arm users since they have the best melee, if your stave has good melee your a lot less vulnerable to them.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I'd like to have at least SOME power on both sides, to keep the weapon balanced. Anyway, I don't have the aforementioned staff anymore... I have a really good Lancer Staff now (almost 300 value) with something like 6 stars each for melee and ranged. I'll post the exact stats when I have a bit of time later. ;-)

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Personally, I'd like to have at least SOME power on both sides, to keep the weapon balanced. Anyway, I don't have the aforementioned staff anymore... I have a really good Lancer Staff now (almost 300 value) with something like 6 stars each for melee and ranged. I'll post the exact stats when I have a bit of time later. ;-)
Staffs have the weakest melee in the game. Wasting value points on melee attributes is a colossal waste
Edit: I'd also recommend the warp power for snipers, so they can escape when cornered

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You say that. But you would be surprised in how it is BETTER to bring out the best in the weapon instead of making it 'balanced'. Yoiu don't need the melee stat in most staves, it hinders it because it makes it have less chances of making it better. If you don't believe me, I can show you LOTS of examples.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Staffs have the weakest melee in the game. Wasting value points on melee attributes is a colossal waste
Edit: I'd also recommend the warp power for snipers, so they can escape when cornered
I recommended it for any weapon. :P
Knuckle staff is designed for melee use. In fact, sniping with it from afar is impossbile. You need to be close. Not only that, their melee power is devastating.
I use it for close range attacking(of course ),but I don't usually melee with it.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I recommended it for any weapon. I don't. Better to use powers that rather helps a weapon use it's full potential. Warp is better for rangers like bow users and staves.
Knuckle staff is designed for melee use. In fact, sniping with it from afar is impossbile. You need to be close. Not only that, their melee power is devastating.
I use it for close range attacking(of course ),but I don't usually melee with it.
Do so. It's very good.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommended it for any weapon. I don't. Better to use powers that rather helps a weapon use it's full potential. Warp is better for rangers like bow users and staves.
Do so. It's very good.

But, Warp may have a defensive perk in that anywhere is better then where your getting killed, but in that same sense it also has a good offensive aspect, you don't know how many times 2 or 3 warps have helped me take out a angel. Also Warp is good for Club users in the sense that most Clubs slow you down quite a bit and can be good for a quick escape.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
By sheer luck, I managed to fuse this Palutena Blade yesterday.

gallery_125264_224_8688.jpg

I fused a 341 Value Dynamo Cannon I got, with a 332 value Knuckle Star. Neither of them had many stars, both of them had quite a few modifiers, but both of them had Overall Defense +7, and only the Dynamo Cannon passed that on.

I've got this thing set up to distribute via Streetpass, and next time I see my bro I'm setting it up on his 3DS too. I need loads of copies of this, the fusion potential is awesome.
Incidentally Palutena Blade + Palutena Blade = Beam claws! This weapon fused with itself will more than likely make an awesome pair of beam claws with high offenses and overall defense +7.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This weapon fused with itself will more than likely make an awesome pair of beam claws with high offenses and overall defense +7.

The more defense you have, the lless power you will have.

Didn't you notice that weapon has 5.5 ranged, 4.5 melee and overall defense +7, and nothing else?

If I fuse a duplicate of this 334 value weapon with itself, it should average out to around 334 anyway. And because the value is so high there is a good chance overall defense +7 will pass on as it's the only modifier, along with the high ranged damage and high melee damage. CHANCE, is the key word. I can't test this yet.
If the modifier doesn't pass on, then more than likely I'll end up with a weapon with 6 stars in both stats and the maximum possible value for a no-mod weapon.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This weapon fused with itself will more than likely make an awesome pair of beam claws with high offenses and overall defense +7.

The more defense you have, the lless power you will have.

Didn't you notice that weapon has 5.5 ranged, 4.5 melee and overall defense +7, and nothing else?

If I fuse a duplicate of this 334 value weapon with itself, it should average out to around 334 anyway. And because the value is so high there is a good chance overall defense +7 will pass on as it's the only modifier, along with the high ranged damage and high melee damage. CHANCE, is the key word. I can't test this yet.
If the modifier doesn't pass on, then more than likely I'll end up with a weapon with 6 stars in both stats and the maximum possible value for a no-mod weapon.
1st. Depending on the stats, it you have more chances of going below the average of the value you want to get.
2nd. If you try to fusion it with a lower value weapon that has no stats, the chances are that the overall defence +7 will not get passed on an you'll have high stars in both aspects of the weapon fused.
3rd. Yeah, I've seen the number of stars in your weapon. Does that mean it's powerful? Not exactly. Because defense is THE ONLY stat in it, it's more focused on a defensive style of play. That's what I meant by more defense = less power, as stars are NOT the only factor in play.
EDIT: 4th.I like what you said in the bold part, you're right. It will get passed on if it's fused with another weapon with high value, except that it'll get fused with other stats, which in turn will decrease the number of stars of your fused weapon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1