Gaming Kid Icarus Uprising- Multiplayer Guide

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kind of... simplistic and common sense.

Aside from what kind of weapons to use (which isn't even really true) everything is just common logic.

Even within weapon classes, weapons can vary greatly in their purposes and inherent synergy with a player. I.e compact arm, a ranged cont. fireweapon vs taurus. A melee weapon vs end-all arm, a multi-star weapon.

Some real pointers would be to learn to foxtrot. It increases your mobility, inherent evasion, and versatility for all weapons you'll be running and not walking with, but aren't quite brawler claws with speed+4. It's also great for when you're the angel, as you're usually weighted with a slow weapon. So this helps you move faster, and due to the dashes, will give you a chance to dodge some shots you don't even see.
Or to learn the maps, good hiding places, and general knowledge of it to abuse. I.e angels could be using those hiding spots, so check those out if they're not in view.

Not to be a jerk, but this "play the game and get better!" type guide doesn't seem very helpful...
I agree. This is the type of game where you learn as you go. Not only weapon-wise but also how you'll play against the others. You'll need to learn how to assess any situation and use it to your advantage. Learn every arena so you'll know good places to shoot or attack while being undetected or just plain hide yourself.
I would also recommend familiarizing yourself with most weapon types, as being a master of one weapon type isn't going to cut it in this game. You'll need to experiment most weapon types. And of course, experiment the weapons you seem interesting and customize them to your adavntage. If that doesn't work, customize them furthur. That's what the fusion system is for.
And of course, like Isaac said learn how to foxtrot. It increases mobility and evasion, however you may tire yourself quicker so you cannot abuse it.

Fox trot when done properly actually makes you move farther, quicker, and eats less stamina(at least when used on a proper weapon. The slower the weapon is inherently, the more it helps. ). You must be confusing fox trotting for just mashing the dash command.

Example: My speed-4 eyetracks can only go 70 meters running before tiring out. With fox trotting, they go 110. As well as being just plain faster. This is why I'm starting to believe speed-4 to be one of the best modifiers for ranged weapons, as it removes a whopping 30 value. Vastly increasing your overall potential, while not really hurting your weapon unless it's something like a palm, or standing cont. fire weapon.

Also focusing on items is only worth it if you have an item attack mod... as well as use double item. In fact, on a fast weapon like brawler claws (hence where people get the idea of greedy claws from) you don't even really need item vaccuum as you'll be moving so fast. But with item attack +4, stuff like the grenade, up bomb, atlass foot, etc usually OHKO.

There's no real ground for it being superior, or inferior to some other battle oriented weapons. But it's DAMNED fun. Double item is what makes it ridiculous, setting up two medusa heads, two laser eyes, two poison clouds, two up bombs, etc is just crazy. And it happens more than you'd think, but you will need to learn how to properly abuse items. You might also want to try for a FHB mod for more speed, as you'll be able to sustain it better with all the food you should be getting.

Anyway, like I said i meant no harm. However, you should've held your enthusiasm at bay until you could actually make a helpful guide. Though the overall idea is entirely noble and I hope you continue it if done properly.

You cant be fucking serious. What about the fact that it is not finished is so hard for you to understand? If you don't find it helpful then why do you continue to post here? My good man, this guide was not intended for "Pros" nor even people who finisheid the game. I cant understand helpful critique but you continue to insult it. If you don't like my guide then suggest what I could do to improve, don't flat out insult it.
Trust me Zantigo, I understand why you're kinda mad, he also made me mad and he critisized one of my weapons. XD And I don't even mind one giving me tips.

AzureuzZetsunai

HAHA, 20!... i punch it!
Trophies
Website
hashtiv.com
XP
Country
Mexico
mine :D

Ptevr.jpg

i still need some advise on what powers and weapon atributes i need.

edit: grammar LOL

SSVAV

Lurker in space
Trophies
XP
Country
France
bumblebee
I'm honestly a bit confused by Bumblebee... I've read the description, equipped and used it in matches, and I see no special ability or difference in performance that it triggers. What exactly is it supposed to do?
You get hit, you automatically dodge and circle an enemy. It's one of the greatest powers in the game for melee oriented weapons. Not only that, it can be used for staves users to run away effectively if you combine it with warp. It's great for lots weapons actually, melee or ranged because it effectively can piss someone off.

It's not if you get hit.
You need to be shot at AND be not running, or shooting. Either way, you need to be able to perform a dodge for it to activate.

Also you warp to the back of the guy who just shot you no matter the distance. Awesome stuff.

Reactions: 1 person

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Get on my level.
Cool weapons
Currently working on: Eyetrack Orbitars, Tank Taurus Arm, Guaranteed Hit Angel Bow and OHKO Samurai Blade.
You obviously know what you're doing. I applaud you for that effort.
Lol I did that. But I fused it to have more power on ranged. I'm just lazy to post the pic. XD
dscn0234pe.jpg

This one is an OHKO samurai blade (under normal conditions of course)
dscn0238s.jpg
These are just a few of my many weapons I use. They're not perfect but they get the job done very easily.

SSVAV

Lurker in space
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I wish I could have all of those awesome weapons.

Yet I don't like the fusion system cause it screws bad my 300+ weapons and to get the raw material you need to play for hours. If only you could choose what to carry over...

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wish I could have all of those awesome weapons.

Yet I don't like the fusion system cause it screws bad my 300+ weapons and to get the raw material you need to play for hours. If only you could choose what to carry over...
That's why you need to farm weapons, weak or strong. It's also smart to start fusing from 100 valued weapons.
That way you can control the stars you can carry over (as in only ranged or only melee) and it'll also be easier to control the stats you want to carry over.

isaac52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Aside from what kind of weapons to use (which isn't even really true) everything is just common logic.

Even within weapon classes, weapons can vary greatly in their purposes and inherent synergy with a player. I.e compact arm, a ranged cont. fireweapon vs taurus. A melee weapon vs end-all arm, a multi-star weapon.

Some real pointers would be to learn to foxtrot. It increases your mobility, inherent evasion, and versatility for all weapons you'll be running and not walking with, but aren't quite brawler claws with speed+4. It's also great for when you're the angel, as you're usually weighted with a slow weapon. So this helps you move faster, and due to the dashes, will give you a chance to dodge some shots you don't even see.
Or to learn the maps, good hiding places, and general knowledge of it to abuse. I.e angels could be using those hiding spots, so check those out if they're not in view.

Not to be a jerk, but this "play the game and get better!" type guide doesn't seem very helpful...
I agree. This is the type of game where you learn as you go. Not only weapon-wise but also how you'll play against the others. You'll need to learn how to assess any situation and use it to your advantage. Learn every arena so you'll know good places to shoot or attack while being undetected or just plain hide yourself.
I would also recommend familiarizing yourself with most weapon types, as being a master of one weapon type isn't going to cut it in this game. You'll need to experiment most weapon types. And of course, experiment the weapons you seem interesting and customize them to your adavntage. If that doesn't work, customize them furthur. That's what the fusion system is for.
And of course, like Isaac said learn how to foxtrot. It increases mobility and evasion, however you may tire yourself quicker so you cannot abuse it.

Fox trot when done properly actually makes you move farther, quicker, and eats less stamina(at least when used on a proper weapon. The slower the weapon is inherently, the more it helps. ). You must be confusing fox trotting for just mashing the dash command.

Example: My speed-4 eyetracks can only go 70 meters running before tiring out. With fox trotting, they go 110. As well as being just plain faster. This is why I'm starting to believe speed-4 to be one of the best modifiers for ranged weapons, as it removes a whopping 30 value. Vastly increasing your overall potential, while not really hurting your weapon unless it's something like a palm, or standing cont. fire weapon.

Also focusing on items is only worth it if you have an item attack mod... as well as use double item. In fact, on a fast weapon like brawler claws (hence where people get the idea of greedy claws from) you don't even really need item vaccuum as you'll be moving so fast. But with item attack +4, stuff like the grenade, up bomb, atlass foot, etc usually OHKO.

There's no real ground for it being superior, or inferior to some other battle oriented weapons. But it's DAMNED fun. Double item is what makes it ridiculous, setting up two medusa heads, two laser eyes, two poison clouds, two up bombs, etc is just crazy. And it happens more than you'd think, but you will need to learn how to properly abuse items. You might also want to try for a FHB mod for more speed, as you'll be able to sustain it better with all the food you should be getting.

Anyway, like I said i meant no harm. However, you should've held your enthusiasm at bay until you could actually make a helpful guide. Though the overall idea is entirely noble and I hope you continue it if done properly.

You cant be fucking serious. What about the fact that it is not finished is so hard for you to understand? If you don't find it helpful then why do you continue to post here? My good man, this guide was not intended for "Pros" nor even people who finisheid the game. I cant understand helpful critique but you continue to insult it. If you don't like my guide then suggest what I could do to improve, don't flat out insult it.

Exactly where did i directly insult you, or your guide?
I gave my opinion, if you choose to just try to deny it rather than try to use it to better your guide, that's your problem. And I did give ways for it to improve, you just ignored them or said you were already going to add it.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Exactly where did i directly insult you, or your guide?
I gave my opinion, if you choose to just try to deny it rather than try to use it to better your guide, that's your problem. And I did give ways for it to improve, you just ignored them or said you were already going to add it.

Oh, so when you say "Make a helpful guide" that doesn't even occur to you that I may take offense to it? I know for a fact that currently its common sense stuff, you think I'm blind or something? Its the fact that I told you its still being worked on and you continued to state it. Nobody said your advice wasn't good, and I do respect it, but I said I will add it. What do you do? You pile on more basic things that were going to be added. I don't know if you were seriously trying to offend me or not but either way it is.

isaac52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not my fault if you take offense to me not finding your guide helpful. Or premature. It's my opinion, and I won't just keep it to myself. Especially when it could, and should help you make a better guide.

And the only information I gave after that was either to clear some confusion about my original suggestions, or to give my input on some ideas people had. It wasn't just me "piling on more basic information" Why should you take offense that my posts are informative? Why should i leave people in confusion? Why should I refrain from flexing my figurative brain muscles in this game?

I shouldn't. And I won't. Now, I'm sorry if my knowledge of the game, my willingness to share it, and my concepts of the game annoy you. I really am, that's not my goal. But you attacking me for giving my input is entirely counter-productive.

isaac52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not my fault if you take offense to me not finding your guide helpful. Or premature. It's my opinion, and I won't just keep it to myself. Especially when it could, and should help you make a better guide.

And the only information I gave after that was either to clear some confusion about my original suggestions, or to give my input on some ideas people had. It wasn't just me "piling on more basic information" Why should you take offense that my posts are informative? Why should i leave people in confusion? Why should I refrain from flexing my figurative brain muscles in this game?

I shouldn't. And I won't. Now, I'm sorry if my knowledge of the game, my willingness to share it, and my concepts of the game annoy you. I really am, that's not my goal. But you attacking me for giving my input is entirely counter-productive.
If you're oh so knowledgeable, then why don't you stop wasting your time here and make your own guide?

>My point
>Your head

WOOSH

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
>My point
>Your head

WOOSH
My question is perfectly valid. Why don't you just stop wasting your time giving such AMAZING advice to someone who's supposedly getting offended over nothing, and make your own guide instead? There's no problem with giving advice, but there is a problem with saying stuff like "this guide isn't helpful" when it's clearly a work in progress, or asserting such outrageous things as "you shouldn't BE SO ENTHUSIASTIC until it's a helpful guide."

That said, I don't want to derail this topic any longer, plus I have no personal beef with you and don't want to create more tension, so I'll stop there.
And you thought I had a problem with him when he offended me? XD

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How am I attacking you? If any attacks are going on here its coming from you. I told you that I respected the fact that you wanted to help, and took that to mind. You continued to call my guide flat out useless, I honestly dont give two fucks if you dont find it helpful, since the guide wasnt intended for people who have played quite a while, its intended for that 10 year old kid who got the game a few days ago and is getting his ass kicked online and wanted some pointers. you also seem to have trouble understanding the phrase "Being worked on" or "Incomplete". Like Watchman said, you got a problem with my guide and shitloads of time, which some of us are not privileged to, on your hands, make your own guide. But dont come into mine, after I clearly explain the situation and say I was too "Enthusiastic" about it. I have been planning on this guide since a few weeks after the game was launched and worked hard to discover various elements that I could share. Im not saying dont share your opinion, im saying if your going to be critical of my guide do it in some fashion where you dont insult it for no better reason.

isaac52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How am I attacking you? If any attacks are going on here its coming from you. I told you that I respected the fact that you wanted to help, and took that to mind. You continued to call my guide flat out useless, I honestly dont give two fucks if you dont find it helpful, since the guide wasnt intended for people who have played quite a while, its intended for that 10 year old kid who got the game a few days ago and is getting his ass kicked online and wanted some pointers. you also seem to have trouble understanding the phrase "Being worked on" or "Incomplete". Like Watchman said, you got a problem with my guide and shitloads of time, which some of us are not privileged to, on your hands, make your own guide. But dont come into mine, after I clearly explain the situation and say I was too "Enthusiastic" about it. I have been planning on this guide since a few weeks after the game was launched and worked hard to discover various elements that I could share. Im not saying dont share your opinion, im saying if your going to be critical of my guide do it in some fashion where you dont insult it for no better reason.

When did i even say you were too enthusiastic about it?
I said I didn't find it helpful. And 10 yr olds aren't so brain-dead that they don't understand playing a game makes you better at it.

And if you were planning it for a few weeks, I'd have hoped you could've started with more than "Play more and you'll get better!" as a guide.
Also, never did I imply I could make a better guide. Just that you were taking offense to me simply giving advice. And don't pretend you didn't, as I made one informative post which wasn't even remotely related to your thread beyond just being posted in it, and you respond with "Are you fucking kidding?"

You can try to play the big man all you want, it's obvious you found offense with simple, harmless criticism. Being incomplete isn't an excuse, in fact it's grounds for more criticism, but I don't think your little heart could take it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0