Status
Not open for further replies.

Kickass Torrents shut down by US government

kickasstorrents_500x500-300x300.png

Copyright holders rejoice! The largest torrent site on earth has been taken down by the US government a few days back. After posing as an advertiser they managed to trace the money back to a Ukrainian guy, Artem Vaulin. It's quite the story really, check out the full article here.

What do you think is going to happen now? Is this a hard blow to piracy or are most people just going to use another site? Will there always be another site to take the lead? Discuss.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which is just as bad as a credit card.
Theoretically I suppose you could use PayPal for a one time transaction if you used a form of payment that does not lead to your personal id (a physical prepaid card) with technology to not reveal to them your real ip (Tor for example) plus using a burner email bht then you have the problem in that PayPal works best with your personal id.

Bitcoin is pretty good but again due to the block chain you have to be careful as it can be traced back to you. I heard the best thing is buying bitcoin from a atm with cash and using multiple accounts (via tumblers but they to have to be trusted. Ultimately whenever there is payment online your anonymity is at stake.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theoretically I suppose you could use PayPal for a one time transaction if you used a form of payment that does not lead to your personal id (a physical prepaid card) with technology to not reveal to them your real ip (Tor for example) plus using a burner email bht then you have the problem in that PayPal works best with your personal id.

Bitcoin is pretty good but again due to the block chain you have to be careful as it can be traced back to you. I heard the best thing is buying bitcoin from a atm with cash and using multiple accounts (via tumblers but they to have to be trusted. Ultimately whenever there is payment online your anonymity is at stake.
You could also [DATA REDACTED], assuming you know how to [DATA REDACTED]/ But that assumes you have access to [DATA REDACTED]

USER WAS INDEFINITELY DETAINED WITHOUT CHARGES FOR THIS POST.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Aaaaannnddd another one bites the dust.

Torrentz.eu is no longer, when you do a search, it displays "Torrentz will always love you. Farewell"

Is the owner quitting while they're ahead, I wonder?

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aaaaannnddd another one bites the dust.

Torrentz.eu is no longer, when you do a search, it displays "Torrentz will always love you. Farewell"

Is the owner quitting while they're ahead, I wonder?
Makes sense if you consider the potential legal consequences that hosting the site could have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o