Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JohnnyBlaze1986 said:
Echoekid said:
Prawn said:
Does anyone knows what is this item for?

- Greyish Fixation
It's the item you get from Mr. Pokémon in Heart Gold that enables you to catch Kyogre. It's called Blue Orb on most fansites, but this name makes it sound more epic.

I don't think so. I got the same item, went to the Hidden Tower and no Kyogre. The item doesn't even show up in my key items...or anywhere for that matter!

You have to have The National Dex, all 16 badges, collect your Kanto starter from Oak, and then talk to Mr. Pokemon.

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
lol, 1,000 replies already.

BTW, Kazo, how are you doing? Not planning on 'mysteriously disappearing off the face of the earth'(Big N looming outside, ready to whisk you away, never to be seen again), are you? XD

SuperLink

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pokemonfan4ever said:
well I'm on Kazo english patch 5 and i notice that there's a error when facing pokemon leader green it say leader blue.
As far as we know he's called Blue in the English versions of the game, so that's fine considering this is translating with the English names, rather than being a direct translation.

WarioMCP

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.theclassicgamer.com
XP
Country
United States
SuperLink said:
pokemonfan4ever said:
well I'm on Kazo english patch 5 and i notice that there's a error when facing pokemon leader green it say leader blue.
As far as we know he's called Blue in the English versions of the game, so that's fine considering this is translating with the English names, rather than being a direct translation.

He was only called Blue in america for the longest time because Green, the original version, wasn't released in america and was replaced with blue, where it was his default color name. Didn't they correct this in FR/LG already? I'm fairly certain GameFreak would fix this oversight in HG/SS. As an earlier poster said, Blue is an entirely different character not seen in the games.

yohlovergirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Wow, I acutally finished the game! I saved like every 5 minutes (and lemme tell ya, it took FOREVER to find a way saving after the 4th badge) and used a shitload of codes (don't look at my like that, I spend hours training my precious latias and then crash and lose 7 freaking levels? If that doesn't call for cheating I don't know what does) but I finished it! Including the kanto part, which was where the ugly head of map/pokegear crash lifted it's head - but hey, if ya avoid flying and answering your phone, it's all good.
Also the battle frontier still rocks.

Anyway, thanks ALOT Kazo, I translate things for a living, so I know translating is a shitty work, and I really appreciate being able to play this game (I dunno what I would have done without the translation, I'm one of those EV training geek, so I need my english stats!). Silver's sprite is so gay, isn't it? (Also much love for gym leader blue, finally a challenge!)

Can't wait for Spring '10.

EDIT: Right, no matter what anyone will say, for me he'll always be good old blue, an annoying stalk-ish jerk that waltzes in, challange you when your poke are dying, poisoned, paralyzed and out of pp, and waltzes out snickering. Goddamn asshole, now THAT'S a proper rival (I'm looking at YOU, "Barry", you cheap rip-off). "Green" just doesn't cut it, you know?

SuperLink

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chris_Skylock said:
Blue is a female character of Pokemon Manga so it's suppose to be Green.
Manga isn't canon to the games (especially Japanese manga with English games). The female character called Blue doesn't exist in the games, Gen I's female is called Leaf, and in the west the rival is called Blue instead. This is why they swap the names for the English manga releases.

QUOTE(WarioMCP @ Sep 23 2009, 12:39 PM) He was only called Blue in america for the longest time because Green, the original version, wasn't released in america and was replaced with blue, where it was his default color name. Didn't they correct this in FR/LG already? I'm fairly certain GameFreak would fix this oversight in HG/SS. As an earlier poster said, Blue is an entirely different character not seen in the games.
In FR/LG you name him yourself, so we'll see what they call him in HG/SS. For the sake of continuity in the English games (and manga) I personally hope they call him Blue.

Calling him Green is like calling Misty Kasumi.

EDIT: Hey, don't go insulting Barry, he's my favourite rival.
frown.gif

SuperLink

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Did you even read my post properly?
Manga isn't canon with the games! If it was then Dawn and Lucas would be called Platina and Dia! (Not to mention that he's called Blue in official English releases)

EDIT: Official translation says hi:
20040_442994.jpg

ookamiyoh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, i read! I just forgot to put some information bellow. Sorry 'bout that.

Here we go, from bulbapedia

"Blue (Japanese: グリーン Green), is the grandson of Professor Oak and is the main character's rival in the Generation I games as well as their Generation III remakes, Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen. Blue becomes the Pokémon Champion but is quickly defeated by Red/Leaf, the player's character. In the Generation II games, Pokémon Gold, Silver, and Crystal, as well as their Generation IV remakes, Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, he becomes the somber Gym Leader of Viridian City's Gym, notable for being the only Gym Leader in the games to not focus on one specific type. He hands out the Earth Badge to Trainers who defeat him. In HeartGold and SoulSilver, he also hands out TM92 (Trick Room). He often goes out of Viridian City, which causes problems for challenging Trainers, as he's rarely found in his Gym.
Blue is differentiated from Red/Leaf by Professor Oak's notion at the end of the Generation I games and Generation III remakes that Red/Leaf cares for Pokémon better than Blue does. This is also evident as Blue leaves the Silph Co. building while it's still under Team Rocket's control, leaving Red/Leaf to take out Giovanni.
He is known for being cocky and arrogant whenever the player's character encounters him; after losing, his typical way to bid goodbye is "Smell ya later!"

emailcliche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love Pokemon Special. I read the original and I believe that to girl in the japanese version is blue (but let me stop beating the bush, since you all know about the whole red/blue = america, red /green = japan, FR/LG = us attempt for us to get politically correct).

SuperLink

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don't get me wrong, if he's named Green in the English release of HG/SS I'll quickly get used to it and call him that myself, however I don't see Viz releasing the manga for a third time just to fix it, and it would just confuse things even further, especially when he's been officially called Blue in the past.

SuperLink

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah I was reading through that just a little while ago actually, I wish it updated more often.

Also calling the female protag Green instead of Leaf is a little rage inducing :x
EDIT: My bad for derailment ._.

AZBigbear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SuperLink said:
Yeah I was reading through that just a little while ago actually, I wish it updated more often.

Also calling the female protag Green instead of Leaf is a little rage inducing :x

Alright now that we have completely derailed the topic how about you guys go create your own topic to discuss such trivial things so this one can remain pure to be about Kazo's translation and questions towards it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof