JXD S7800? Seems like a pretty obscure device.

The_Hulkster

Trophies
XP
Country
What happened to the quote? XD Anyways, I simply would love CFW because it rids the device of all the bloatware, most of which and also helps the partitioning since you don't get 8 GB but only 1.5 from what I heard. I'll need an SD card though. I only heard bad things from the stock firmware, that's all. The preinstalled emulators themselves aren't that great (outdated), so I'd need to get new ones as well :P

I just cleared the whole device of my own software downloads and the NAND flash storage comes in at 4 GB available.
There is 1 GB of miscellaneous bloatware like YouTube and some preloaded games like Angry Birds, not much actual bloatware.

The internal storage comes in at 1 GB, with 700 MB available.
An SD card is certainly recommended ;)

Reactions: Psionic Roshambo

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS1 emulation is very good from what I've seen, as is Snes, Genesis/MD, NES, most consoles except Dreamcast and N64, but those should improve. I don't know what the old firmware was like, I do know it was badly partitioned with 6.5 GB used up, giving the user little headroom for apps.

I am going to rip a few of my PS1 games to test out here soon, probably Road Rash and SOTN for starters... I hope it plays those two games perfectly. Just those two games alone can keep me from being bored a very long time.

Reactions: the_randomizer

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ju
I am going to rip a few of my PS1 games to test out here soon, probably Road Rash and SOTN for starters... I hope it plays those two games perfectly. Just those two games alone can keep me from being bored a very long time.

Just make sure you get EPSXE. Dont try anything else its just not worth it. Its a paid app on the store but well...you know the drill lol

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ePSXe is a very solid emulator, you should be set!

Yes, I was this bored!!!

Well, okay, I wasn't trying to doubt anyone lol :D

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And apparently, amazingly, it seems JXD have decided to say they are going to release updated firmware also, which is without doubt good news!

WHOA! That was unexpected, is that on the JXD thread on the Dingoonity forums? Crap, now I'm really torn between the two :rofl2:

Reactions: Psionic Roshambo

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WHOA! That was unexpected, is that on the JXD thread on the Dingoonity forums? Crap, now I'm really torn between the two :rofl2:

Yeah Dingoonity, JXD part, Webclaw thread. That comment has come from Skelton, one of the main guys who seems to know his stuff and has made custom firmwares for multiple JXD devices in the past.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah Dingoonity, JXD part, Webclaw thread. That comment has come from Skelton, one of the main guys who seems to know his stuff and has made custom firmwares for multiple JXD devices in the past.

Yep, just say that, WebClaw looks kinda down as people who downloaded his CFW aren't showing appreciation that much.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yep, just say that, WebClaw looks kinda down as people who downloaded his CFW aren't showing appreciation that much.

Thats always the way it goes. But again it shows you that the numbers are fudged. If he is saying the over 6000 have downloaded his firmware, and you've got what 15-20 people in that thread that have issues, then there must be 5980 people who are sat happily playing on a device with no issues. Thats my logic anyway :ph34r:

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats always the way it goes. But again it shows you that the numbers are fudged. If he is saying the over 6000 have downloaded his firmware, and you've got what 15-20 people in that thread that have issues, then there must be 5980 people who are sat happily playing on a device with no issues. Thats my logic anyway :ph34r:

Then, there really shouldn't be any major issues, when I get either product..? :P

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just ordered the S7800b from geekbuying. Fingers crossed.

Again, the device looks pretty sweet and ergonomic, and the IPS screen is another nice addition, install it with CFW and I should be golden, gonna be a while, might need to way a paycheck or so before I can get one :P (not for the amount, but to feel better about it lol) ;)

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Finding the games/ISO images for that, isn't uh, well, anyways, I hope that whichever I get doesn't break down after a few months, but lasts at least a year ;)

No i didn't mean how did you find them as in where. I meant how did you find them in terms of how they worked in EPSXE lol And i was quoting Roshambo but the bloody thing didnt work lol:lol:

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sort of an update to my earlier post, I tried 4 of my favorite PS1 games and all of them worked fantastically in ePSXe.

(SOTN, Road Rash, King's Field, Crash Bandicoot 1.) probably wont try too many more as I am too lazy to keep digging out my old PS1 games and rip them and do the work lol but those will keep me happy for a long time.

For SNES I found a fantastic emulator called SuperGNES, omg it downloads covers and has built in cheats!!! Flawless sound and fantastic all around.

Working on finding a better Genesis emulator now, seems to be a lot of difference of opinion on that one.

If anyone does get a JXD the emulators that come with the device are nice but there are better ones out so you should probably find those.

Pretty much the only emulator I haven't replaced so far is the Genesis (Mega Drive) one and I probably will find something I like better today, as soon as I get it back from my wife... I think she likes it too.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sort of an update to my earlier post, I tried 4 of my favorite PS1 games and all of them worked fantastically in ePSXe.

(SOTN, Road Rash, King's Field, Crash Bandicoot 1.) probably wont try too many more as I am too lazy to keep digging out my old PS1 games and rip them and do the work lol but those will keep me happy for a long time.

For SNES I found a fantastic emulator called SuperGNES, omg it downloads covers and has built in cheats!!! Flawless sound and fantastic all around.

Working on finding a better Genesis emulator now, seems to be a lot of difference of opinion on that one.

If anyone does get a JXD the emulators that come with the device are nice but there are better ones out so you should probably find those.

Pretty much the only emulator I haven't replaced so far is the Genesis (Mega Drive) one and I probably will find something I like better today, as soon as I get it back from my wife... I think she likes it too.

Honestly SuperGNES (apart from the nice interface with the boxarts) really isn't very good. You should at least try the one we mentioned in Snes9x Ex+ (its free on the store anyway) it really is THE best emulator, and by some margin. Its pretty much 100 percent perfect emulation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc