JXD S7800? Seems like a pretty obscure device.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah that alone makes me want to do CFW ASAP, if I open them to look at them the best thing I can come up with is it is some sort of phone sex thing... Spam I can recognize in any language lol

The worst part of it is to clear it out of the notification area you must open it, but once open it is a pain to get out of since none of it is in English.

Happy Chick... lol your probably right about that being the culprit.

Because I never stayed on stock firmware for more than about 10 minutes after getting my device im not sure if Happy Chick can be uninstalled or not? Is it not in the Apps part of settings? If not, then you can probably still disable the app if not delete it, which will stop all that happening.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You couldnt run filters on anything past 16 bit though admittedly. If someone managed to incorporate it into the PSX emu or Drastic or PPSSPP, that would bring it to its knees lol But yeah, any console up to the SNES, GBA and Neo Geo, will run the filters nicely when propely implemented.

GBA is another console that mobile gaming devices seem to struggle with, but I bet that too runs full speed (emulators seem to have a bilinear filter by default). Yeah, PSX, that requires a decent amount of GPU power when you upscale native res to 720 or 1080 :P

Reactions: Psionic Roshambo

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because I never stayed on stock firmware for more than about 10 minutes after getting my device im not sure if Happy Chick can be uninstalled or not? Is it not in the Apps part of settings? If not, then you can probably still disable the app if not delete it, which will stop all that happening.

That's the odd thing... nothing in the tasks currently running I can see would cause that and I disabled the auto start on Happy Chick. Do I need to reboot for changes to take effect ALA Windows? lol

Edit: Screw it I am doing the CFW now.... Wish me luck!!! lol

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
GBA is another console that mobile gaming devices seem to struggle with, but I bet that too runs full speed (emulators seem to have a bilinear filter by default). Yeah, PSX, that requires a decent amount of GPU power when you upscale native res to 720 or 1080 :P

GBA runs like a dream but I know what you mean. I could never get it working nicely on PSP.

To be honest, Im still finding now apps and games which I cant believe run as well as they do. I saw this yesterday on youtube by accident and tried it for myself, and it runs at the full 60fps, in 1280x800 (native res) with 16x AA on top as well.

I needed a 2 grand PC to run this like that back in 2000 or so! :lol:

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBA runs like a dream but I know what you mean. I could never get it working nicely on PSP.

To be honest, Im still finding now apps and games which I cant believe run as well as they do. I saw this yesterday on youtube by accident and tried it for myself, and it runs at the full 60fps, in 1280x800 (native res) with 16x AA on top as well.

I needed a 2 grand PC to run this like that back in 2000 or so! :lol:

Dayum that's awesome, and the resolution is pretty good too, 720p, so that would make emulators, movies, just about anything look awesome!

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's the odd thing... nothing in the tasks currently running I can see would cause that and I disabled the auto start on Happy Chick. Do I need to reboot for changes to take effect ALA Windows? lol

Edit: Screw it I am doing the CFW now.... Wish me luck!!! lol

The CFW install is a doddle. The actual hardest part is getting the drivers onto windows believe it or not.

But yes, its much better to go CFW. Personally im using Webclaws, as that clears out the most rubbish from the device and seems (on my device anyway) to be rock stable.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The CFW install is a doddle. The actual hardest part is getting the drivers onto windows believe it or not.

But yes, its much better to go CFW. Personally im using Webclaws, as that clears out the most rubbish from the device and seems (on my device anyway) to be rock stable.

Wait, so, the drivers are pain to install? How do you install them on Windows 7? Does that mean that if I get an S7800, I'm SOL? Damn...I hope not.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

One quick question before I dive in, I downloaded this one is it any good? I was actually planning on using the 1.6Ghz core until I got the device but it runs so well at 1.4Ghz I don't see any reason to run it higher right now.

Edit: derp... lol

http://boards.dingoonity.org/jxd-devices/s7800b-supercharged-v2-0-oc-reparted-ext2int-cwm-mrktfix/

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wait, so, the drivers are pain to install? How do you install them on Windows 7? Does that mean that if I get an S7800, I'm SOL? Damn...I hope not.

Ive got Windows 7 and they do install its just a bit finicky. It was definitely a lot easier on XP! All the software you need is on the thread. When you connect the S7800 to your PC, it picks it up but never as what it shouyld be. So as long as your ok manually installing drivers then you'll be fine.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive got Windows 7 and they do install its just a bit finicky. It was definitely a lot easier on XP! All the software you need is on the thread. When you connect the S7800 to your PC, it picks it up but never as what it shouyld be. So as long as your ok manually installing drivers then you'll be fine.

Unfortunately, I don't have XP, or any way to access it, I just hope I don't get screwed over lol.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
One quick question before I dive in, I downloaded this one is it any good? I was actually planning on using the 1.6Ghz core until I got the device but it runs so well at 1.4Ghz I don't see any reason to run it higher right now.

Edit: derp... lol

http://boards.dingoonity.org/jxd-devices/s7800b-supercharged-v2-0-oc-reparted-ext2int-cwm-mrktfix/

That one is fine and its the firmware I used right off the bat. But then I went to the Webclaws ones instead as it offers a couple of fixed that the supercharged one doesnt. Webclaws one also takes off more bloatware than the Superhcharged one also.

Reactions: Psionic Roshambo

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That one is fine and its the firmware I used right off the bat. But then I went to the Webclaws ones instead as it offers a couple of fixed that the supercharged one doesnt. Webclaws one also takes off more bloatware than the Superhcharged one also.

Thank you so I should use the webclaws? (have to find it lol)

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your on Win 7 like I am it does work, its just slightly more a pain in the ass. There is a thread on there actually where I needed help on win 7 so if you do get stuck, then look in here:

http://boards.dingoonity.org/jxd-devices/help!!-crashed-s7800/

start looking from about half way down

Double damn, it sounds like a real PITA, and will probably get screwed, maybe I should stick with the G5A after all, if it's gonna be a pain on Windows 7.... :unsure: How do I even know that I'll get this thing working?

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Double damn, it sounds like a real PITA, and will probably get screwed, maybe I should stick with the G5A after all, if it's gonna be a pain.... :unsure:

Its not, its really easy. The problem I had is that I had forgotten that there is a time window from connecting the device to the PC and the time in which you have to install the drivers (basically you get 2 minutes before the device leaves the programming mode)

I had forgotten this and would connect the device up, piss around for a bit then try install the drivers and it wasnt seeing the device. I needed that fact pointing out to me as per thread and then I was OK again lol

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not, its really easy. The problem I had is that I had forgotten that there is a time window from connecting the device to the PC and the time in which you have to install the drivers (basically you get 2 minutes before the device leaves the programming mode)

I had forgotten this and would connect the device up, piss around for a bit then try install the drivers and it wasnt seeing the device. I needed that fact pointing out to me as per thread and then I was OK again lol

So how do I do it? Some button combo to connect it, then install the drivers? Ugh. Bollocks. But if I missed that window, do you get another chance to enter programming mode or will it lock you out after that? I hope the time it takes to install doesn't exceed the two-minute window.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So how do I do it? Some button combo to connect it, then install the drivers? Ugh. Bollocks. But if I missed that window, do you get another chance to enter programming mode or will it lock you out after that? I hope the time it takes to install doesn't exceed the two-minute window.

Yeah you get another chance if you miss it. You just disconnect, and try again. But at first I had forgotten this part and just kept trying and trying.

Like any android device on the market, there is a button combo when you turn the device on which turns on a kind of "safe mode" as youd say in windows. On this device you push power on, then press volume up to bring up safe mode (its actually known as recovery mode i believe)

This is the point where you connect it to a PC and within two minutes, install the drivers. If you dont do it within two minutes, nothing physically changes on the device (as in its still in the safe mode) but the programming part switches off. This is where I got stuck, I had forgotten that that part switches off.

all you need to do if this happens is start from square one again

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you get another chance if you miss it. You just disconnect, and try again. But at first I had forgotten this part and just kept trying and trying.

Like any android device on the market, there is a button combo when you turn the device on which turns on a kind of "safe mode" as youd say in windows. On this device you push power on, then press volume up to bring up safe mode (its actually known as recovery mode i believe)

This is the point where you connect it to a PC and within two minutes, install the drivers. If you dont do it within two minutes, nothing physically changes on the device (as in its still in the safe mode) but the programming part switches off. This is where I got stuck, I had forgotten that that part switches off.

all you need to do if this happens is start from square one again

All right, then I take back what I said about changing my mind :P I guess it's no surprise, as Windows typically doesn't have support for this kind of hardware.

Reactions: kristianity77

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt bring my Charger and nobody here has one compatible with my phone
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    either you have usb C and no one else does, or everone else has usb c except you. haha
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, i don't have usb c
    That happened to me for like a year. lol. I was the only one of all my friends and family to still have an old phone.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, my phone is from around 2019
    Mine was from 2017. lolol. I just got this new one like 6 months ago. Not even new, second hand cheapo $40 phone. But it has usb c. lol
    I cant justify $1k+ on a nice ass phone. I can spend that on a 75" tv screen. Why a 6" screen device cost me the same? lol
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had a iPhone 5 for like 6 years, till last year, and had to get new phone, when phone companies stop using the cdna networks, which the iphone5 used.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A phone can do more than a TV
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    These smart TVs are getting close tho. Gonna be like "back to future" TVs before long.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah a phones going to always be more powerful than a TV if the TVs $2grand maybe but why when I can put a smaller device in my pocket that does basically everything a TV already does
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can justify a decent $800 smartphone that'll last 3 years when I could get a 65" TV for $400 and buy a decent micro computer for $100 more
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf there are decent $400 smartphones in today's market that make top end spec phones unjust it's just what you want
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Found a Charger that works with my phone
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah Ken I have 3 Samsung Phones now and honestly all 3 feel about the same
    A35 a S23 FE S24 Ultra lol
    Camera is about the only thing that legit separates them, unless you play games on your phone....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly just download movies on my phone put them on my card reader then on my tv so much better than wireless transfer bs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
    i download movies on my PC that is connected to my living room tv.
    Monitors are too small for my bad eyesight so I use my main tv and wirelss keyboard and wireless trackball mouse.
    I tried wireless transfer on phone before and yes, it's garbage. lol. So sloooooooooowwwwww.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New south park was not really that funny.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: New south park was not really that funny.