JXD S7800? Seems like a pretty obscure device.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair, I believe the process of doing CFW on any android device is pretty much the same method of installing device drivers etc. So if you wanted to do it on a g5a, your gonna have to do exactly the same thing as it runs off more or less the same chipset ;)

Gotcha, and what I've gathered so far, the S7800 doesn't seem nearly as bad as a handful of people made it seem (mostly hardware issues and so on) :D Too bad I haven't seen it cheaper than 150 dollars yet. Amazon has them too, but they're even more pricey. eBay is even more expensive.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gotcha, and what I've gathered so far, the S7800 doesn't seem nearly as bad as a handful of people made it seem (mostly hardware issues and so on) :D Too bad I haven't seen it cheaper than 150 dollars yet. Amazon has them too, but they're even more pricey.

The thing with Amazon aswell (especially over here in the UK) is they are not fulfilled by Amazon, they are just the same guyd over in China, selling them on Amazon. So your no better off really.

You should be glad they are only $150. I paid the equivalent of $230 for mine only about 6 weeks ago, but then I suppose if i have issues, mine only goes back to the supplier in the UK and I dont have to deal with China.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing with Amazon aswell (especially over here in the UK) is they are not fulfilled by Amazon, they are just the same guyd over in China, selling them on Amazon. So your no better off really.

You should be glad they are only $150. I paid the equivalent of $230 for mine only about 6 weeks ago, but then I suppose if i have issues, mine only goes back to the supplier in the UK and I dont have to deal with China.

Uh...never mind then. Didn't mean to complain :D :P I'll get it from Geekbuying, they have a very high rating.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Uh...never mind then. Didn't mean to complain :D :P I'll get it from Geekbuying, they have a very high rating.

You wont go wrong with Geekbuying. They claim as well to physically test every one before they go out the door. Hence why sometimes they come fully charged out of the box.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You wont go wrong with Geekbuying. They claim as well to physically test every one before they go out the door. Hence why sometimes they come fully charged out of the box.

Yeah, I checked out reseller ratings, it has an average of 9.0, so yeah, and that's good that they actually test them, I'll go through them for sure :D :P

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is that the same as the CFW or do I install that after I install the drivers? So I install the hardware drivers, then the CFW...?

Looks to me like a pre install of drivers. So technically, when you connect the S7800 for the first time, as long as you have this package installed, it will autodetect it and away you go.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did that work for you on Win 7? If so, I bloody wish I had found that last week lol

Worked like a charm, was kinda slow it took like 2 minutes to do it's thing but smooth as silk lol (Window 7 64 bit)

I went with the Super Charged firmware for now just to check it out. Doing the final thing now 5 minutes stuff asking for Super user (following the instructions lol)

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Worked like a charm, was kinda slow it took like 2 minutes to do it's thing but smooth as silk lol (Window 7 64 bit)

I went with the Super Charged firmware for now just to check it out. Doing the final thing now 5 minutes stuff asking for Super user (following the instructions lol)

Thats the thing, once youve done one CFW, then switching between others is a total piece of cake and a 10 minute job.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And right on cue, we have a new Webclaws firmware!

EDIT:

Nope, just me getting too excited, but looks like one is incoming

Say what?!! Awesome!! I didn't even notice that lol!

Yeah the 2.2 something update was super easy to do and I didn't even need to connect it to my PC!!! lol much better, now to re-install all my goodies :)

This is getting more awesome by the minute :D

Reactions: Psionic Roshambo

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to cancel my JXD S7800b order. I really want Mario Kart 8 so I'll have to get a Wii U too. I don't want both.

I going to have to think about this some more.

Personally, I'd never buy a console for just one game but thats me. Surely if you'd really wanted a Wii U you'd of gotten one by now.

You can play 4 different versions of Mario Kart on the S7800... :grog:

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I'd never buy a console for just one game but thats me. Surely if you'd really wanted a Wii U you'd of gotten one by now.

You can play 4 different versions of Mario Kart on the S7800... :grog:

The game looks pretty sick though, and the 2.0 firmware is out now? Good, let me know how it works, I'll download it just in case: P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY