JXD S7800? Seems like a pretty obscure device.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EPSXE doesnt run full speed? Hmm, that doesn't sound right (especially if you are getting Drastic to run full speed!). Its actually pretty low requirement wise. Do you have the settings correct?

If you haven't already, change your options to these (assuming your on EPSXE 1.9.0 either 15 or 17

CPU Frameskip - Disabled
MME Enable - Autodetect
Screen Colour Depth - 16 bit
Video Renderer - Hardware (Fast/Smooth)
Video Filtering - Enabled
PSX Dithering - Disabled
Sound Quality - Full sound Effects
Sound Latency - Very Low

Also, what games are you trying. EPSXE is close to perfect but there are games that for some reason dont run full speed, like Tekken 3, Loaded etc. I think I found about 4 or 5 out of the 100 or so I have.

I've just dropped mine down to 1GHZ just to test and can confirm it runs at full speed. you should be seeing the same.

Also, what needs to be done in order to get max performance out of it is to download somekind of CPU tune utility off the play store (I use No Frills CPU control). This will allow you to keep the CPU maxed out at all times during emus, which does help no end.

Epsxe is now running better, thanks!

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW, I got an e-mail back from JXD, they insist that they do not sell 7800A's and that I need to check my system info and I will see that it is in fact a 7800B...

...apparently I need to make and send them a video to prove to them that they have no idea what they are talking about.

Reactions: zxc2

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
BTW, I got an e-mail back from JXD, they insist that they do not sell 7800A's and that I need to check my system info and I will see that it is in fact a 7800B...

...apparently I need to make and send them a video to prove to them that they have no idea what they are talking about.

I'd do it. All you need to show them realistically is the build number thats in the About Tablet section of the settings. What does that say anyway?

And also, if you know where to get it from, take a copy of your build.prop file. That will contain all the information they need to prove its an A

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd do it. All you need to show them realistically is the build number thats in the About Tablet section of the settings. What does that say anyway?

And also, if you know where to get it from, take a copy of your build.prop file. That will contain all the information they need to prove its an A

I don't have my tablet handy at the moment, so I can't say what the build number is atm. I just recall seeing 7800A when I'd looked.

As for build.prop... where do I find that?

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't have my tablet handy at the moment, so I can't say what the build number is atm. I just recall seeing 7800A when I'd looked.

As for build.prop... where do I find that?

To get the build prop, go to the google play store and install any kind of file manager software to enable you to browse through your system. Build prop is a file located in /System folder that is on the root of the device. Just copy it and paste it to your external SD card. I believe that the partition all the system files are on cannot be seen if you connect your device to the PC and browse through the folders etc. So copy it, paste it to SD and you'll be able to get at it once you connect to PC etc.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well that's a bunch of bullshit, and plain sad. Not sure what they're on but they need to cut the dosage lol. If they will still refuse to believe even after knowing what they sent ya and when they see the video, they don't deserve your money/business ;)

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well that's a bunch of bullshit, and plain sad. Not sure what they're on but they need to cut the dosage lol. If they will still refuse to believe even after knowing what they sent ya and when they see the video, they don't deserve your money/business ;)

I can understand why they have asked it to be honest, even though I agree it is bullshit. I honestly don't know anyone who has an A. No one on Dingoonity has ever mentioned having an A either. I'm not saying they didn't produce them, they obviously did, but I'm not sure they ever made it to market as it were. And because XDel got his from JXD itself, its probably the only way he would have been given one lol

Xdel, how did you get it from JXD themselves if you dont mind me asking? If i go on the the JXD site I cant see any option to purchase one?

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can understand why they have asked it to be honest, even though I agree it is bullshit. I honestly don't know anyone who has an A. No one on Dingoonity has ever mentioned having an A either. I'm not saying they didn't produce them, they obviously did, but I'm not sure they ever made it to market as it were. And because XDel got his from JXD itself, its probably the only way he would have been given one lol

Xdel, how did you get it from JXD themselves if you dont mind me asking? If i go on the the JXD site I cant see any option to purchase one?

Now I definitely feel like getting an nVidia Shield and skip JXD altogether. Sure, some may call that cowardly or what have you, but in all honesty, I don't think it's worth the trouble, like, at all. Not sure if it uses an IPS screen, but it is OLED so it should look pretty good I'd think. I wonder what retailer he went through to get it.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now I definitely feel like getting an nVidia Shield and skip JXD altogether. Sure, some may call that cowardly or what have you, but in all honesty, I don't think it's worth the trouble, like, at all. Not sure if it uses an IPS screen, but it is OLED so it should look pretty good I'd think. I wonder what retailer he went through to get it.

The Shield isn't OLED to my knowledge, its just a bog standard LCD I think. I dont think any tablets are OLED yet, maybe the Samsung Note ones might be AMOLED I dont know.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Shield isn't OLED to my knowledge, its just a bog standard LCD I think. I dont think any tablets are OLED yet, maybe the Samsung Note ones might be AMOLED I dont know.

I thought I heard the reviewer on Joystiq say that, but he said the screen is still pretty good, and 720p, so it's better than the G5A at least. Maybe I'm wrong lol http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/31/nvidia-shield-review/ Either way, it has a lot better screen than many other Android devices :P

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I thought I heard the reviewer on Joystiq say that, but he said the screen is still pretty good, and 720p, so it's better than the G5A at least. Maybe I'm wrong lol http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/31/nvidia-shield-review/ Either way, it has a lot better screen than many other Android devices :P

Yeah I'm 99% sure that review is wrong. I'd still go for a JXD personally but ya know

EDIT

Holy shit, 1000 posts! Its only taken me 11 years! :hrth:

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you mean to the cheap android devices, then yes the screen is fine
if you compare it to high end phones and phablets around the same size, then the screen is lacking

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That I sadly do not recall. I even just looked on the package to see if they had a return address and they do not... creepy!

In the mean time, I've a new development, turns out that the L2 button does not respond. Also there are times in emulators when you hit a button, and though it is physically up when you release, it still acts as if it is being held down. Though currently, none of my buttons are working in anything aside of START and SELECT. Oh the irony!

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, looks like L2 does work after all, it's only that Epsxe does not like it.

RetroArch is acting cracked out still, and GBA Emulator works again after I turned off OpenGL mode which for some reason, was preventing the controls from working.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm, looks like L2 does work after all, it's only that Epsxe does not like it.

RetroArch is acting cracked out still, and GBA Emulator works again after I turned off OpenGL mode which for some reason, was preventing the controls from working.

In EPSXE do you have all the buttons set?

Also, you need to remember that in the Axis settings (where you set the left and right analogue stick) you HAVE to make sure L2 and R2 trigger are set to NONE ( i believe this defaults to something, I cant remember what, but just switch it to none)

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In EPSXE do you have all the buttons set?

Also, you need to remember that in the Axis settings (where you set the left and right analogue stick) you HAVE to make sure L2 and R2 trigger are set to NONE ( i believe this defaults to something, I cant remember what, but just switch it to none)

What should my Gamepad ID be? Gamepad Profile, etc?

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What should my Gamepad ID be? Gamepad Profile, etc?

These are all the settings I use on EPSXE (In addition to the ones i mentioned before)

Gamepad ID should be ADC Joystick

In the gamepad options bit it should be set to this:

Autodetect gamepads on the fly - Enabled
Enable Bluez - Disabled (thats for bluetooth controllers)
Bluez Profile - Archos Gamepad (this is the closest setup to the S7800, you just have to remember like I said before to change the L2 and R2 triggers to NONE)

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are all the settings I use on EPSXE (In addition to the ones i mentioned before)

Gamepad ID should be ADC Joystick

In the gamepad options bit it should be set to this:

Autodetect gamepads on the fly - Enabled
Enable Bluez - Disabled (thats for bluetooth controllers)
Bluez Profile - Archos Gamepad (this is the closest setup to the S7800, you just have to remember like I said before to change the L2 and R2 triggers to NONE)

I do not have the option "ADC Joystick"

I have:

Virtual Touchscreen Gamepad

NONE

gpio_kp

joy_kp

sw-keyboard

Moga

Though for Gamepad profile I do have and selected Archos Gamepad.

Though it now seems to be working. The sound track slows down here and there and speeds back up, but other than that, it all seems to be working again, thank you!

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what program do ya'll use to back up apps into APK format? I don't keep the internet at home (well I get it from next door and it goes in and out), and I want to be able to keep all my commercial and free programs on my hard drive as APK files so I can install or uninstall them when ever and where ever I please.

I have APK share, but it does not seem to work at all, and I have APK Downloader installed as an extension in Chrome, but it will only retrieve free programs and not the one's I've paid for.

EDIT: I made some free space, APK Share seems to be working fine now. The sad part is you can't just save directly to your external SD card. Plus it does not seem to allow for backing up commercial apps or games. Bah! :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hopefully your not like south of Tampa they got flooding