Hacking Just installed the mod chip. How can I test to see if it works.

cluey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello.
I just installed a solderless d2pro chip. I tested with an original and it works. How can I test with burnts, but I havent got any burnt discs to test with.
Any ideas? Thanks.

cluey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I havent got a LG drive. Is there any programs that I can use to backup the game in the wii console?

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download an ISO, possibly?

If you don't have the ability to copy games, why did you get a drivechip?

cluey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have burnt the Homebrew Channel ISO and inserted it in the wii. I get an error prompting. "An error has occurred. Press the Eject button and remove the disc, then turn the Wii console off and refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting." I tried burning with 2 types of DVD's an still get an error. Can it be Region error because I used EUR iso since I come from Australia or the chip didn't install successfully. I will probably reopen the wii and repress the chip.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
cluey said:
I have burnt the Homebrew Channel ISO and inserted it in the wii. I get an error prompting. "An error has occurred. Press the Eject button and remove the disc, then turn the Wii console off and refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting." I tried burning with 2 types of DVD's an still get an error. Can it be Region error because I used EUR iso since I come from Australia or the chip didn't install successfully. I will probably reopen the wii and repress the chip.
Erm, wchich soft you have? 3.2 or 3.3?

cluey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have got 3.1E. If I need to update, is there like an offline installation or something because I have got Dial Up.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
cluey said:
I have got 3.1E. If I need to update, is there like an offline installation or something because I have got Dial Up.
No, wait.
Download iso (like Zelda:TP), burn it and tell if it works.

apcarr

Trophies
XP
Country
Try "getting hold of" a GameCube game like Luigis Mansion (126mb) and see if that works!
oh and by the way Ozzie Wii's are PAL so you did burn right iso.

cluey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I thought that EUR iso works for my Wii because EUR Wii are PAL. I actually didn't think to get a GC rom. I will try it. Thanks.

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phinxy said:
Congratz, But what the hell do you use your modchip for if not for backing up games? :confused:

Region Free.
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...