Hacking Just got the G6 Lite... NEED HELP!

chobans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think something's wrong with that link's 4.0a English version. It's not... English... or something. If your G6 Lite came with a disk then use those two files instead of the linked one. If not... then you have to find it somewhere else. I don't know how legal it is to "share" files here so I'm not even going to mention it.

Here's what I did after I got that language error.

1) Connected it to my PC via USB linker.
2) Formatted it using "FAT" format. Took like 6 seconds.
3) Copied two files from G6 loader folder in the disk that came with G6 Lite.
4) Booted in my DSL withOUT Passcard 3.
5) When I saw green screen on GBA screen (top one), I quickly pressed A+B+Start+Select.
6) It started copying TWENTY FOUR files instead of THIRTY using that link.
7) After a minute or so, it was done. I rebooted it and it worked.

studaud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, it didn't seem to do anything.

Actually, if that's the case, I think the version on the disc is 4.0, not 4.0a chobans. Oh well, hopefully the next Chinese release will have an english menu.

bruceleroy06

Trophies
Website
www.ray-lee.com
XP
Country
United States
i did not format my card yet because my kit did not come with a CD so i dont want to lose my english menus. will wait for the updated firmware but as of right now the card works great
smile.gif

i love it

studaud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, I know what you mean. The card works great, but I can't help but have that nagging feeling that there's a newer firmware out that I should update to. But then I would lose the english menu. Oh well!

studaud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried loading Mario Kart and it seemed to load ok. I tried to look for a wifi game but no one was hosting any, so I just left. I didnt' actually play the single player mode or anything though. Where do you freeze?

studaud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's just a bad dump or something. I just finished the first circuit on 50cc, so the game definitely works.

dem1980

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi,

i have a g6 lite chinese too !
dawn it...
the loader i have into the cd is 4.0 with chinese and english
and it works fine... mario kart too
i tried to update with loader 4.0a but only chinese work as you.
i tried too format with windows only and then upgrade, or format with windows then the MPUtility-1.0.0.11.exe and upgrade, no success...

a lot of people see who try to help me see "G6 V4.0 Full Installation Package V4.0b (6-7-06) ( U-Disk manager + Loader )" in g6 website but in fact you have in this file loader v4.0a and pc software v4.0b
so no update from the g6 lite comes into the market

the thing i don't understand is why v4.0 contains both english and chinese and why the g6 website have 2 files instead of one, it's strange.
they can do only one file, so why doing two files ?

i hope someone could found the solution or g6 team released a new (working) loader...

beedog19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering if the first batch of G6 lites is partially defective. I was looking at the Hopebuy forum and found this
Hopebuy said:
When we got so many orders we try our best to perchase it from different resources, but our pain seems useless as the manufature declared the product has to be improved, thus the release will be delayed off.
(Full quote Hopebuy forums) I wonder what "improvements" they are talking about...

lazywanker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I just recieved an email from winsunx saying:

Dear Customes :
Do you know your pre- order G6 lite is a Chinese version ? if you don't want the Chinese version , please let us know . we can refund to you for cancel your pre- order , we are waiting your reply , if you have not any reply , once your G6 Lite Chinese version arrival , we will send it to you .

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again. Thanks.
Thanks!
Best Regards,

So it looks like most people will end up with the chinese version. I'm a little confused as to how certain people ended up with the english version when it doesn't seem to be on sale anywhere. Anybody?
(I suppose what I'm asking is with the chinese version do the game names appear in english when using the chinese software? I can easily learn to navigate the menus in chinese and i don't need the pda mode or movie playback features.)

Add that to the problem beedog19 just mentioned and I'm seriously considering cancelling my order and waiting till everybody sorts there stuff out. Any thoughts would be welcome.

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
If you have Chinese G6 Lite use the loader from the link below and see if it works. It's an earlier version of the loader that has both English and Chinese on it. You won't have the latest loader version, but at least it's English.

It's on the first post.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=34301
Thank you Ceeve
wink.gif

I have a G6 Lite Chinese Version too and I confirm that it isn't possible to update it with an English loader! :'(

But don't worry!
I'm sure that the G6 Team will correct this problem with a loader adapted as well for Chinese and English G6 Lite.

leonardo71286

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I'm sure that the G6 Team will correct this problem with a loader adapted as well for Chinese and English G6 Lite.

Sadly I don't think so
cry.gif

I sent the Danny(G6/M3 rep) an email to clarify this once an for all:
QUOTE said:
Good day,

Certain people over at the gbatemp.net forums are reporting that they
can't update their's G6Lite loaders to version 4.0b (english ver), these
customers bought their G6Lites through websites in China;
such as winsunx, psxbox and hopebuy. They can only use the english
loader that came with in their CD product. At the same time other people
are saying that they are having no trouble whatsoever
to update to the latest loader (english ver). There is much confusion
about this subject with consumers.

Now, the question is whether or not you are producing two version of the
product; one being chinese and the other international that are
incompatible from each other, as done with the M3 product line.
Because seemingly that is the problem. As the updated loader are not
working for everybody that bought from China.

Please let us know.

More information can be found on this thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=34259&pid=447059&st=0
People are downloading the updates from this website: http://www.handheldsources.com/Download%20...ftware%203.html

Thank you in advance,
Leonardo Valencia (A customer)

This is what he responded:
Hi ,

Sorry , due to the G6 lite is Chinese version .
It is no way to change the language by the software or loader .
We only have released the chinese version of G6 Lite now .
And we have already informed the resellers .It is the chinese version
We will release the english version of G6 Lite within two weeks .

Regards
Danny

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i bought my g6 lite from hopebuy.com
it seemed to be in stock when i ordered, so i ordered there and not at winsunx or another place.
they didnt ship yet, they say the english version was in stock the time i ordered but was out of stock when my payment arrived (paypal, 2 minutes later...) and that the english version will be in stock next week.

now im reading danny says there has never been an english version and it will be released within two weeks.

so hopebuy is no trustworthy reseller as it seems.
im disapointed.

greetings from spain,
mars

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1