Hacking Just got the G6 Lite... NEED HELP!

chobans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still nothing chobans? no luck altering the "boot sector"?
Damn it, I thought it was working but I guess not.

I got the MPTool to take 10 minutes to "fix" my card so I thought it was all good. Then I put it in my DSL but it still gives me the language error. Apparently the fix didn't "fix" the 16MBit part and will not load the loader. I'm all out of ideas now.
frown.gif

preelude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
at least its writing something (10min is better than 3sec) ... did you try the chinese firmware included on the blue mini-cd?

chobans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never mind, got it working! Whew.

I guess I figured I need to have Passcard 3 in there for it to read stuff from the GBA side... but of course, that's only needed to run DS games. So I ran it without the Passcard 3 in there and was able to write the new firmware onto it. Man, easy solution... which I couldn't think of. Thanks for everything.

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Never mind, got it working! Whew.

I guess I figured I need to have Passcard 3 in there for it to read stuff from the GBA side... but of course, that's only needed to run DS games. So I ran it without the Passcard 3 in there and was able to write the new firmware onto it. Man, easy solution... which I couldn't think of. Thanks for everything.

It's strange, the g6 instructions tell you to boot into DS mode, then press Y to go into GBA mode... why couldn't they just say go into GBA mode?

chobans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's strange, the g6 instructions tell you to boot into DS mode, then press Y to go into GBA mode... why couldn't they just say go into GBA mode?

Yeah, seems like an unnecessary step for loading it for the first time. That's why I was stuck for like 2 hours for. That damn Passcard 3 was actually stopping me from playing DS games. How ironic is that.

Chobans,

What options did you change in MPTool to make it format the loader portion of the memory card?
I didn't. I changed nothing about it. What happened was that, out of pure state of frustration that I was in, I acted on it too quickly and only copied that one file onto my HD. After I calmed myself down, I looked again and realized that I should've copied basically everything in that folder into my HD. I think the main file that I needed was the configuration file. After that, it worked properly. Well, that's not true. I had to run it twice to make it work but at least it worked. Make sure "Format" option stays in blue color for at least 10 minutes (for 4 GBit card). That means it's working.

But I don't think I even needed to run MPTool file. There was nothing wrong with my card. I thought maybe that'll make it run properly from the G6 Lite card... but all I had to do was to remove the Passcard 3 before doing it.

sumsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So can we confirm that it is possible to update the english/chinese firmware with the new english only firmware by formatting the cart, then updating the firmware with the passcard removed?

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can only update the firmware in GBA mode folks. For whatever reason, the instructions tell you to boot up in NDS mode and then enter GBA mode - must be a product of poor translation.
smile.gif

studaud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D'oh, it's still not working for me. Even w/o the passcard in, updating to v4.0a english gives me that "Please install english language" error upon restarting the DS. Can someone upload the english version of 4.0 please? THe minicd that came w/ my G6L only had the Chinese version of it on there.

studaud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried putting the 4.0a chinese version on, but I saw someone confirming that it did work. Lemme try it out real quick.

edit: Actually, I'm an idiot. Yea, it works. My G6L actually came w/ the 4.0a Chinese version rather than the 4.0.

preelude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just to clarify, your g6 lite cd came with 4.0a chinese loader then you tried to flash it to the english loader and u got the language error right?

now you flashed it back to chinese loader and it now works?

studaud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, games that I tried worked fine. I got it from Hopebuy. Ordered this weekend. They were pretty quick w/ the shipping. I was impressed.

preelude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this sucks... i thought we had the chinese loader problem solved with the first 2 pages but here we have another person that can't change it from the chinese to english loader
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD