Hacking Just got my SC Lite... gotta be honest...

roar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After waiting and waiting and waiting and finally pulling the trigger on a SC Lite I'm disappointed. I got it yesterday in the mail from Gamersection. Gamersection came through again with good customer service, a little slow getting back to me on emails, but in the end the price was right and the shipping fast... no complaints.

anyway, this is all IMO of course, I don't feel like the card fits 'flush' with the Lite. Sure it doesn't stick out like the EZ Flash, but it just doesn't look 'perfect'. Looks more raised on one side then the other and just doesn't look as slick as I had hoped.

It is beyond 'snug' in its fit, when people say you have to push hard to get the card in they weren't kidding! Holy crap, that is one snug fit!

The missing 'clear coat' as others have called it is noticeable, I just find myself wishing it looked and fit more like the dust cover, ah well, I'll use it untl the DS-Xtreme, or the SC or M3 version of the Slot1 solution comes out and then sell it I guess.

From a preformance standpoint, I couldn't be happier, I tossed a couple of games on the card and they all play great, nice and fast so from that prespective I'm pleased. I will get lots and lots of use out of it, don't regrest the purchase at all, just thought I'd echo some others comments... and do it in my own thread no less!

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
supposedly they've redesigned the cart so it's not the supertight fit anymore, but they haven't gotten to sellers outside China yet. it was on yyjoy a few days ago.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, I consider that snug going in....not really a tight tight tight fit except on the way out (fingernail killer). Then again I'm used to working on cars....you are correct, it does not sit exactly flush. Parts of it is uneven and it is definitely not as slick as a dust cover. On the other hand, my g6 lite is the one I'm truly impressed with fitment....literally the thing is a dust cover. But I'm pleased with the performance of the SC Lite as well as the tight fit, it never needs to come out anyways.

midigear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Super card had problem with the plastic mold when they first released SCL,
so the top of the SCL card doesn’t bend like the original DS Lite dust cover.

Although they have change to the new mold and new sticker for Chinese version,
the curve on the top of SCL still not perfect. (But SCL is still a flush fit product)

The new version of the SCL (also came with black color) improved the fitting issue though,
according to user who already got the new one.

Feature wise, SCL runs in full speed if you are using cards like SanDisk Ultra II (the one I got, 1GB).

You can sand your SCL with 320 grit and then 600 grit sanding paper
(info from one of the forum member from scdev.org).

I will give it a try soon.
biggrin.gif

DisasteR

Trophies
XP
Country
Ive just got some black SCL's from supercardstore.co.uk and they're slightly better but are still 'snug'. It is still a bit tight so modification will still be needed if you want an easy sliding in and out motion!

usurper77

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have had my SCL for about a week now, and it was only hard to get in and out the first 3-4 times. It still not as easy to get out as the dustcover, but at the same time now my fingernails don't get ripped out when I remove it.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I should maybe try that to see if the supercard will loosen. I only put it in and out twice (on my first sc lite for gf) to test the fitment but it has never moved since then because there is no need to, just replace the microsd. On my own scl, I just put it in once and that's the end of it......the fitment grows on you because @ the very least you know it's secure. The plastic casing they use on the supercard is definitely nice since it holds up great going in and out with that tight of a fitment.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Super card had problem with the plastic mold when they first released SCL,
so the top of the SCL card doesn’t bend like the original DS Lite dust cover.

Although they have change to the new mold and new sticker for Chinese version,
the curve on the top of SCL still not perfect. (But SCL is still a flush fit product)

The new version of the SCL (also came with black color) improved the fitting issue though,
according to user who already got the new one.

Feature wise, SCL runs in full speed if you are using cards like SanDisk Ultra II (the one I got, 1GB).

You can sand your SCL with 320 grit and then 600 grit sanding paper
(info from one of the forum member from scdev.org).

I will give it a try soon.Â
biggrin.gif

I used Flintpaper 100-2 (whatever that means) to sand it down

The supercard lite now goes in and out as perfect as the G6 Lite or Dustcover

Sandisk Ultra II is perfect
wink.gif
using that to

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol